Shredding for the wedding

denise42

Silver Member
hello and welcome to my thread
I got engaged Feb 14th last year and it was a complete shocker...I did not see it coming, we've been together 5 years, both in our mid 40's I've been married before when I was 20, him never even come close. Apparently unknown to me he'd taken the ring on holiday with us in September 15 but never asked as he didn't think it the perfect time as he spent the holiday fretting about our poorly dog at home. Then the ring made a journey up to the Lake District New Years Eve of 2015, he planned to propose at the edge of Buttermere but due to the floods and me being full of a cold we didn't get there...again I knew nothing!

I booked us a wowcher for my birthday 15 Feb for Peebles in Scotland, we drove up on the 14th, had afternoon tea (me not him, lucky him he doesn't have a sweet tooth) then booked for the Valentine meal in the evening.

5 minutes before descending to the dining room...BOOM!!! OMG he asked me to marry him with a beautiful ring....it's funny how although you never expected it it suddenly feels like you've been planning for it all along.

Anyway here we are 7 months to go...

A little bit of history about my slimming world journey, I joined minimins in 2014 for a friend's invite to her daughters wedding, I didn't want to be the fattest person there, I knew I wanted to do slimming world as I'd done it years before losing 5 stone but then over 10 years regaining the said 5 stones. But I know it does work providing you follow it.

I stumbled upon minimins while looking for slimming world bloggers, someone I could identify with and follow for inspiration, any way I arrived here, I weighed in at 15 stone 5lbs. I got down to 11 stone 5lb. But in the last year of 2016 I gained about half a stone so throughout 2016 I was losing and gaining the same weight...steadily though I have crept up to 12 stone 10lb...aaggghhh

My dress was put away last year when I was probably at my lower end around 11:9 and on Saturday I am going to re try and pay for my dress, I know it may be tight so here I am on my shred.

Last time I documented my food on a daily basis and I will do the same again as it kept me in check, I'll hopefully find people who are like me that I can support and intern get support as ultimately that's what keeps us going, I don't go to class, I didn't last time, this time though I will also documaent my running, yes I'm fat but yes I do run for a running club I have quite a few 10k races and a half marathon booked for this year as well....

So this is my day one of 2017 on plan.

Food today so far - I'll edit as I eat
35g oats with skimmed milk and raspberries

Banana and light & free yogurt

Food edit
Had salad with fat free cottage cheese, crab sticks, apple & orange for lunch

Half omelette with sprinkle of 30% less fat cheese (shared with my son, he's 23, he'd already had his own)

Dinner will be chicken curry with extra vegetables added made syn free way no fat. Plus rice

Last edited:
Hi Denise,

Welcome back :)

Congratulations on your engagement. What a great incentive to lose a few lbs :)

We are about the same weight with the same amount to lose, so I look forward to following you on your journey.

I was also here on minimins a few years ago. I got all the way back down to 11 stone then but gradually over the last 3 weeks, it's crept back on.

Good luck.

Hi Denise,

Welcome back :)

Congratulations on your engagement. What a great incentive to lose a few lbs :)

We are about the same weight with the same amount to lose, so I look forward to following you on your journey.

I was also here on minimins a few years ago. I got all the way back down to 11 stone then but gradually over the last 3 weeks, it's crept back on.

Good luck.
Hiya, thanks for commenting and following, it's so difficult to keep it off, and goes on so much faster lol. Hopefully this time I'll do it, I'm aiming for 11 stone this time so I don't pressure myself too much.

Here's to shredding

Hiya, thanks for commenting and following, it's so difficult to keep it off, and goes on so much faster lol. Hopefully this time I'll do it, I'm aiming for 11 stone this time so I don't pressure myself too much.

Here's to shredding

Have you got a time scale, for when you would like to reach your target? I'd like to get there by July, which sounds easy but we will have to see.

Hey! I am also trying to lose weight for my wedding (although mine is at the end of April THIS YEAR!). I'm trying to get to to just under 13stone before then. (I started at about 15stone 1lb before christmas) and am using Slimming World to do it too. (Although I go to a group.)

Funnily enough I ALSO run. :) I managed to run a marathon last year at 16stone.. so it can be done. :)

Hey! I am also trying to lose weight for my wedding (although mine is at the end of April THIS YEAR!). I'm trying to get to to just under 13stone before then. (I started at about 15stone 1lb before christmas) and am using Slimming World to do it too. (Although I go to a group.)

Funnily enough I ALSO run. :) I managed to run a marathon last year at 16stone.. so it can be done. :)
Wow, well done on weight loss so far and well done on running a marathon I've only done 3 5k and 3 10ks my next one is Mad Dog 10k on 5th Feb, but I've been ill with flu for a week and not been out eek...congrats on you getting married in April, we initially wanted April too but the date that had meaning wasn't available.

Have you got a time scale, for when you would like to reach your target? I'd like to get there by July, which sounds easy but we will have to see.
I'm aiming for July, I want August to be as stress free as possible lol. I'm thinking 1 stone 10 (24lb) a lb a week will get me there.

I'm aiming for July, I want August to be as stress free as possible lol. I'm thinking 1 stone 10 (24lb) a lb a week will get me there.

I'm aiming for pretty much the same. But trying to lose 2lbs a week on average, as I know I've got a few holidays coming up before July so some weeks I'll need to make up for other bad weeks.

oh no.. sorry to hear that you have had the flu. that is rottern. :( Hopefully you aren't like me and want to eat when your ill?

oh no.. sorry to hear that you have had the flu. that is rottern. :( Hopefully you aren't like me and want to eat when your ill?
Yes I am...I've eaten anything and everything, it's like a void inside lol...I eat when I'm happy and eat when I'm sad no win situation hahaha...

Tonight's dinner was lush, documenting so I can make it again

2 chicken breast
Onion sliced
Peppers chopped
Carrot chopped
Cauliflower chopped chunky
Baby corn chopped
Mushrooms
Tin tomatoes
Curry powder

Dry fry chicken & onion in curry powder
Sweat veggies in a little water
Combine in a casserole dish with tin tomatoes
Season to taste
Cook in oven till veg is soft

Yummy

Well that's day 1 completed :)

My ham salad is made ready for my lunch on the road tomorrow...

Night all x

Day 2 25/1/17

Up early...well for me anyway, I'm working in Stockport this morning, hopefully I'll miss the dreaded M60 traffic. I'm currently boiling a couple of eggs to have with soldiers...or wholemeal roll...can't decide....

Lunch is ham salad, with a babybel light which will be part of my A section as I drink skimmed milk, and you get a lot more for your A.

I'm feeling positive, I'm stocked up with fruit etc I just have to plan my main meals, Andy is only getting home from work at 6 now that we've moved house, and by time we've decided, been out and bought it's practically 8 when we're eating which is not good as then it's grabbing something quick n easy....

Update to follow

Good morning hun,

Well done on staying positive, I find that is half of my battle, staying positive.

I hope you didn't get stuck in too much traffic this morning. I hate morning rush hour, I usually try to get into work early so I miss most of it :)
Traffic wasn't too bad, l missed the car park at the start of the M60 but it still took hour an half th go 30 miles...glad it's not often.

How have you done today? X

Day 2 update

Lunch was lovely, added grapes and pear as well.

Dinner was at a reasonable time as well....it's great when you plan.

Had bacon
1 skinny sausage (1)
Egg
Beans
SW chips
1tsp ketchup

This was my staple food last time.

Day 3 25/1/17

Another good day today, had a relaxed breakfast this morning before work. Had 35g porridge oats made with skimmed milk and frozen raspberries.

Had a lunch date at work with a colleague, we ate in the staff mess, the guys in there are amazing chefs and guess what...they are serving prisoners....my favourite chef made me the healthy option of Tuna steak served on a bed of noodles and stir fry veg cooked in soy sauce, he also informed me if I want specific slimming world recipes bring them in and he'll cook them for me...I'm only there on a Wednesday so will take him on his offer and at only £2.50 a meal and you get massive portions it's a bargain.

Dinner tonight was Marks and Spencer's skinny meat balls...now I don't know if these are free, the skinny burgers are so if you know let me know...I served them with a jam packed with vegetables tomato sauce, home made by moi...basically dry fry onion and garlic, added peppers, chopped baby corn, celery, mushrooms, tomatoes, carrot, anything else you have or like, passata, salt n pepper and a smidge of Worcestershire sauce, add herbs too, I forgot them but it was still good. Served it all with spaghetti....yummy...and plenty of sauce left to either freeze or have tomorrow.

Also sneaked a banana in there too.

All in all I'm feeling good, I'm keeping myself occupied and also keeping my wedding dress in the forefront of my mind...I will be slimmer for my wedding xx

Day 4 26/1/17

Working from home today, in one way it's easier as you not stressing and can plan, but on the other hand self discipline is needed as the fridge is close by eek....

Day started with coffee with skimmed milk, I didn't want my breakfast too early as today is club running at 7 so my dinner is around 8.30pm tonight. It's better if I eat late breakfast, late lunch then run.

Anyway I had 2 400g wholemeal toast with Makerel filets in tomato sauce with a tsp 30% less fat cheese, now eating melon slices. My next meal will be at about 4pm and I'll probably have banana and yogurt and boiled egg or crab sticks

Dinner will be bacon, egg, beans, tomato and mushroom or jacket spud...all depends on whether I can be bothered cooking lol...

Body magic 4 mile run

Hi hun,

I used to love working from home. I am supposed to be based at home but go into the office every day at the moment. Anyway working from home used to be good for me on a diet as you don't get tempted by any goodies that get brought into the office. Although like you say the fridge is always close by, so you have to be very good not to reach into it.

I did ok yesterday but need to make sure I drink my water. Hope you're having a good day!

Hi hun,

I used to love working from home. I am supposed to be based at home but go into the office every day at the moment. Anyway working from home used to be good for me on a diet as you don't get tempted by any goodies that get brought into the office. Although like you say the fridge is always close by, so you have to be very good not to reach into it.

I did ok yesterday but need to make sure I drink my water. Hope you're having a good day!
I'm doing fine so far, not been tempted, luckily there is nothing in except skinny popcorn lol.
I don't drink nearly enough water, something I should change but never seem to stick to. X what day is your weigh day?

Back