Shrinking Girl's weight loss diary

Shrinking girl

Hello!

I figured that now was as good a time to start a new diary since it's day 1 of the ProPoints plan for me :)

I'm Ang, married, and with a 4 year old boy, often referred to as The Monster. Some days it is an entirely appropriate moniker, other days he is angelic :D

I've managed to shift 18.5lbs since the 20th of September and I'm really hoping to get my 10% before Christmas, although I suspect that will be a big ask. That would be another 10.5lb if I'm remembering right. But what a Christmas present, eh?

I will probably shove food in here as I can't see the point of having two diaries. I'm bad enough at maintaining one, let alone two!

I got the new plan at my meeting this morning (where I lost 4lbs thanks in part to a vomiting bug) and I've spent all day trying to get my head round it. I find myself being quite annoyed about various small things that used to be 0pts and now aren't. Like Frylight... now 1pp for 4 sprays, and stock cubes that now have to be counted. I knew something would have to account for fruit being 0, but I thought the massive rise in pasta and rice points would account for it :(

I have a feeling that I will end up eating less and less grains---and after all the song and dance they made recently about us eating wholegrains---and eat more pulses instead. Thai green chicken curry is surprisingly good with Puy lentils cooked into it as a one-pot-wonder rather than just served on top of rice. It was one of my favourite dinners when I did South Beach Diet.

Oh well. I think I'll spend the first week trying to do the same as I have been recently, which is to try and eat as many superfoods as I can per day (BNS, oats, flax, berries, broccoli, soy beans etc) and when the magazine and new cookbook come out I can hopefully have (a) a better understanding of how the plan works and (b) get a meal plan that I can work from. Actually, I should take another look at that copy of Bella I got last week...

sounds really good :D nice to see you back Ang.. good luck with ProPoints - you can do it :) xxx

Thanks, Rach! Great to see you, too!

I seem to be getting on okay with ProPoints so far, although I am getting concerned about eSource's inaccuracies. Apparently 60g of smoked salmon was 1pp! Thinking that this was too good to be true, I fished the packet out of the bin (boom boom!) and calculated it, 4pp.

What is the point of providing a database to assist people in their weight loss---a PAID database, no less---if they cannot keep it accurate? I've never had issues with it before but now I am concerned that I will gain this week through WW's utter inefficiency. I don't walk around with a calculator as I just use eSource to point stuff :(

And yet more bumbling from WW. Apparently the copies of the magazine sold in the meeting have a separate page within listng the ProPoints of all the recipes inside. However, nowhere have I seen this stated by Weight Watchers, so I just picked up a copy as a treat when I dragged my cold-ridden carcass to the supermarket to pick up medicine for the whole family.

I've been really supportive of the new plan, but now... I am beginning to see why people are so pissed off with them.

Breakfast (9pp)
WW bagel 4pp
Philly extra-light (50g) 1pp (and now I wonder if this is right?)
60g smoked salmon 4pp

Lunch (6pp)
50g porridge oats 5pp
260ml skimmed milk 1pp
strawberries, blackberries, blueberries

Dinner (11pp so far)
Chicken breast 3pp
200g potatoes 4pp
carrots, butternut squash, green beans 0pp
1 tbsp garlic olive oil 4pp
(Chicken and vegetable traybake)

Will probably have some Phish Food frozen yoghurt as a treat to use up the rest of my daily points. Let's just hope that eSource is right when it says 100g = 4pp, eh?

I think I'm going to be pissy about this for a while...

Well, after ranting away... WW have posted the ProPoints values for the magazine recipes on the FB page for the magazine. I have jotted them down in my copy. Really looking forward to the Beef & Coconut Curry from the magazine now :)

Have ended the day with a proper treat. 200g of Phish Food frozen yoghurt for 12pp. Very delicious but I did go and get a handful of blueberries to cut the sweetness a little.

So now I have 43 weekly points left which I reckon is pretty good after four days on the plan.

I can't tell if its the increased fruit and less carbs or the fact that I have a stinking cold, but I'm finding the new plan really easy. Yes, it's a pain checking and re-checking points, but I'm not feeling hungry which is brilliant. Of course, the proof will be when I step on the scales!!!

Back