Shrinking jeans!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by gaijingirl, 31 October 2006 Social URL.

1. gaijingirl

gaijingirl has lying hips

YAY.... they're just too big!

I read that you can wash them and they'll shrink a size...

but at what temperature?

For some reason I was thinking 60 deg.. but will they be permanently shrunk then - or will they stretch as you wear them??

Can anyone help a clothing challenged girl?
  2. Avatar Matched Content

3. dizzy-n-mizzy

dizzy-n-mizzy Not dieting ATM!

Together we lost 8 stone on CD.
    Hi clothing challenged girl

I would have thought hotter the better but they are probably already shrunk.

I bought three new pairs of jeans. One is M&S a value type pair they are very dark and slimming and look fine £15. Then I went to a next outlet and bought 2 more pairs for £7 each. At that price if I shrink out of them again I 'aint worried. I need extra length but they had plenty of styles and sizes so it wasn't a problem.

Have fun!

Dizzy x
  4. lou49

lou49 Full Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Slimming World
    Hi! I'm wearing a new pair of those M & S value jeans today in a size 14 - am well pleased! So far have had them in size 18 and size 16, they are a bit stretchy which is good and I always think M & S sizes are fairly generous but still! Price is great and I don't mind if I have to keep going down a size if they are £15.00 a pair, but I draw the line at £29.50 pairs.
    Would be glad to know if hot wash really shrinks jeans if they have become too big. Somehow I doubt it.
  5. magickmel

magickmel Loves VLCD's !

Lighter Life and now CD
    I am sure I have read on here fairly recently that if you wash jeans at 60c they will shrink a size. It can't have been too long ago as I haven't been on for a month yet. But that's what I remember !
  6. gaijingirl

gaijingirl has lying hips

Thanks ladies. I'm going to give it a go. I can't wear them now anyway - they're actually seem to have gotten longer as well as wider (maybe my thighs are taking up less room or something?).

I'll let you know how I get on.

Now if only I could shrink myself in the wash I could save myself a lot of time and expense...! :D
Popular Forums
  1. is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.