* Shuffles back in, sheepishly* Hope you'll have be back?

JestersTear

Silver Member
Hi all,

I've not logged in since the 24th Nov 2010 - almost a year ago since I stopped going to Slimming World (i hope there some people here who remember me)
I had lost 4 stones during my time at SW but stopped going because I just wasn't motivated to stay on the plan any more and, consequently have, in the year when I was eating what I wanted, gained more than I'd lost.
I'm now heavier than I've ever been in my life.
I have turned into one of those women you see on TV and think 'blimey she's huge', well, now I am.
I am going through some health issues and the medical teams are telling me I need to lose weight, that the medical issues will be helped if i do so and yet Is till don;t feel motivated to do so.
However, my OH also wants to lose weight and so we've decided to try and give SW another go. I'm not planning to go back to class as we can't afford £5 a week. I know it's not a lot, but it is when you don't have it.
So, we're giving SW a go, together, at home.
I was wondering if anyone had any tips and trick they could share to get me on my way?
We're also going to try and do some exercise too, although again that will difficult because I'm so unfit and also my size doesn't make it easy, so help and tips where would also be great.
I hope to stay here and post a lot (again) and I hope you'll have me back?

welcome back sweetie :D you can do this :D The biggest tip is to come on here daily. Everyone is so helpful and supportive and lots of fab recipe ideas, diaries, etc etc.

Plan your meals or ensure lots and lots of easy sw friendly foods in the house. i don't always plan ahead but I ensure I've always got the basics. i always have boiled eggs in the fridge, grapes, things I can grab if hunger strikes.

Set yourself small goals. Set yourself up to succeed from the start. If you have a blip let it be just a blip and get straight back on plan afterwards minimising any damage, you will then find the blips become less and less

:bighug:

Welcome back....

Good to see you.

We are here to support you ~ though bad times as well as good....

Looking forward to learning more about you and reading all your numerous posts

Judith & PIckle the wonder dog.

PS ONe tip I got from here was to make this site your home page on your computer. Reminds me every day and encourages me to post!:family2:

Thanks both. I feel very much a failure having lost so much and then to gain it all back, plus some extra. We've been 'keeping an eye' on our weight over the last few weeks and I've lost a few lbs in that time and have just managed to get under the next stone level which psychologically was a nice boost. Not looking forward to being all strict all week, food-wise, but what we've decided to do initially is be 'good' from Mon-Fri and then be a bit more relaxed at the weekends and see how that goes. That way, if we want anything 'bad' then we can do that then and, I hope, after a few weeks when we start to lose then we won;t want to 'spoil' it by doing that any more.

Hi hun!

Welcome back!

We're all here to support you :) Most of us have blipped at some point. Don't worry about it, we won't judge *hugs*

I find checking in every day to be the best thing I can do, keeps me on track!!

I save up for weekends too, let's me feel a little bit naughty without being too bad! And what ever works for you is the right thing to do :) Also there's plenty of us doing it alone, sometimes group just doesn't suit.

As for exercise - if you want to do it start slow, or you'll burn out. Walking is great, even if you only do 10mins a day, build up slowly. You don't need to be hyperactive for it to help! And above all it's free!!

But above all - Good luck :D

XxX

It's fab to see you back hun xxxx

Hey,

Congratulations on coming back again.

Plan your meals and take each meal as it comes and it will become routine in no time.

Start a diary :) and let us know so we can keep an eye on you x

Welcome back. You had a relapse not a collapse, so you pick yourself up and take baby steps until you feel stronger and hit your stride running (ok enough metaphors). xx

Hi jesterstear. You can do it!!!!
Try the c25k app to get you gently into exercise. It really does get u from super unfit to running no problem (sounds to good to be true... Couldn't possibly work... Etc etc)
Really amazing and something you can both do together? Also doesn't matter if u need to do a few parts of the programme a few times before moving through the weeks.
If you're interested there's a few threads on here with challenges or just some feat support from others who are trying it.

Good luck. :)

Good luck Jestears!

Hi Jes, well done for coming back. I have a similar story and have a big challenge to get back to where I was (for such a short time! :mad: )

If you feel like venting give us a shout - best of luck

WMF xx

Back