Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Shwmae

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by RayeRaye, 23 October 2011 Social URL.

1. RayeRaye

RayeRaye Member

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st3lb
    Lost(%):
    7st5lb(41.2%)
    Diet:
    A self-concocted amalgamation of Low-GI and low-fat meals, plus veggie & fruity treats.
    Hi, my name's Rachel and I'm currently 22 years of age. I'll turn 23 on June 5th, and by then I want to be completely fit & healthy.

I'd never tried to lose weight before I started last year, on my own, and now 12 months later I'm finding a lack of encouragement and inspiration leads to temporary lapses into laziness. Not good.

The bright side is, I seem to be pretty good at maintaining my weight, even when I'm not really putting effort into exercising, so thankfully I've kept the [approximately] 60lbs I'd lost in that time, off.

I don't know my exact weight when I started, I'd gotten so big at that point I hadn't weighed myself in 2 years and cloaked myself in extra-large baggy clothes. I barely went out and just walking up the stairs would leave me breathless... at 21 years old, that's a sad life to live. The last time I'd weighed myself, I came in at around 18 stone (that's 252lbs or 114kgs) and it was always increasing.

When I decided it was time to change, I began walking everywhere... and soon noticed a massive difference. Huge hills still left me sweating and breathless, but my clothes quickly became looser and I began to get addicted to the feeling of such exertion.

Now I'm working out 6 days a week, dropping an approximate total of 4.5-5 stone (that's 60-70lbs, 25-30kgs) over 12 months.

My goal now is to lose the additional 3.5 stone (49lbs, 20kgs) in around 4 months.
    I know it'll be difficult, but as long as I stick to my plan (and have a group of people to report back to!) I can get at least 70% of the way there.

Thanks for taking the time to read this, hopefully I can help out with some tips & tricks, advice and more.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. ciaras countdown

ciaras countdown Member

omg thats excellent hun well done u u will defo make it to ur goal weight what plan are u on hun?

4. RayeRaye

RayeRaye Member

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st3lb
    Lost(%):
    7st5lb(41.2%)
    Diet:
    A self-concocted amalgamation of Low-GI and low-fat meals, plus veggie & fruity treats.
    Thanks!

I'm not on any specific plan, I just dedicated two full weeks to setting out a routine whereby I can cook healthy (low-fat and low-GI, predominantly) meals, and get in at least half an hour to 45 minutes per day of exercise, plus 2 30-minute dog walks morning & night.

I rest on Sundays and make a nice healthy roast, then it's back to it on Monday.

5. IreneH

IreneH Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    Congratulations. You are doing really well.

Irene xx

6. wendy in wales

wendy in wales Full Member

Diet:
    slimming world
    Well done you .You have done amazingly well .What part of Wales are you from?

7. RayeRaye

RayeRaye Member

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st3lb
    Lost(%):
    7st5lb(41.2%)
    Diet:
    Thanks a lot!

I'm from the South, near Cardiff.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.