Shwmae

RayeRaye

Hi, my name's Rachel and I'm currently 22 years of age. I'll turn 23 on June 5th, and by then I want to be completely fit & healthy.

I'd never tried to lose weight before I started last year, on my own, and now 12 months later I'm finding a lack of encouragement and inspiration leads to temporary lapses into laziness. Not good.

The bright side is, I seem to be pretty good at maintaining my weight, even when I'm not really putting effort into exercising, so thankfully I've kept the [approximately] 60lbs I'd lost in that time, off.

I don't know my exact weight when I started, I'd gotten so big at that point I hadn't weighed myself in 2 years and cloaked myself in extra-large baggy clothes. I barely went out and just walking up the stairs would leave me breathless... at 21 years old, that's a sad life to live. The last time I'd weighed myself, I came in at around 18 stone (that's 252lbs or 114kgs) and it was always increasing.

When I decided it was time to change, I began walking everywhere... and soon noticed a massive difference. Huge hills still left me sweating and breathless, but my clothes quickly became looser and I began to get addicted to the feeling of such exertion.

Now I'm working out 6 days a week, dropping an approximate total of 4.5-5 stone (that's 60-70lbs, 25-30kgs) over 12 months.

My goal now is to lose the additional 3.5 stone (49lbs, 20kgs) in around 4 months.
I know it'll be difficult, but as long as I stick to my plan (and have a group of people to report back to!) I can get at least 70% of the way there.

Thanks for taking the time to read this, hopefully I can help out with some tips & tricks, advice and more.

Thanks!

I'm not on any specific plan, I just dedicated two full weeks to setting out a routine whereby I can cook healthy (low-fat and low-GI, predominantly) meals, and get in at least half an hour to 45 minutes per day of exercise, plus 2 30-minute dog walks morning & night.

I rest on Sundays and make a nice healthy roast, then it's back to it on Monday.

Back