Shy Waves

Foxier

Found the site yesterday when I was at work and registered last night, back at work again now, and thought I would come and say hello.

I have a lot of weight to lose and I am absolutely determined not to be fat and 50, luckily I have over 10 months to go.

I am following Neris and India's Idiot Proof Diet, doing ok-ish, but struggling to eat enough food.

I wandered off the wagon 2 weeks ago when I succumbed to a large slice of birthday cake which led to the demise of the day, but I got straight back on with it the next day and am proud to report 14 completely cheat free days.

I'm not setting a target date by which I want to have lost the weight, as I find goals not met mean failure to me, I am just focussing on today, only today, and making sure that I have plenty of "legal" food in the kitchen.

Hi welcome to the forum. I have never heard of this diet, what does it entail? I totally get what you mean about the goals, if I set one and miss it I feel a complete failure x

A warm welcome to the forum. I think that it is sensible to focus on today. All the best with your journey. This forum Is great!!:)

Its low carbing, similar to Atkins I think having done Atkins a few years ago, but for some reason I didn't keep it up and so I am giving this a go, primarily because my sister has lost just over 1 stone with it.

Actually although it is a complete way of eating, the book is written by two women who lay the whole bones of being overweight out for all to see, the tricks we play on ourselves to convince us that actually we don't look too bad - my classic trick is looking in the mirror face on, I can happily admit that my hips are a bit too curvy, but change the view to side on and suddenly I look pregnant - not a look I want to have, and that chin which looks ok from the front suddenly goes from chin into neck in a big curve (my fat bucket!).

I know what you mean about the mirror angles! You look good from one view then turn around and it's not so good!

Hi Foxier and welcome, I think I answered a post of yours on the low carb forum.

Hi there & Welcome - Good Luck with your diet :)

You don`t live far from me, I am in Camberley.

Hope you have a good Easter,

LiSe x

Back