Sick as a Dog on SS

TwinkleToesT

Hey Guys,

I'm meant to be starting Step 5 today but because I'm gaining weight my lady asked me to go back to SS for 5 days to kick start my metabolism again.

I started that SS on Tuesday but yesterday I started getting sick (flu like symptoms) and I don't feel good today either because i'm definitely coming down with something. Do you think I should postpose SS and eat on Step 5 while my body recovers and then do a few days of SS when I'm feeling better to get back on track?

Thank you! xx

If you're sure it's an illness and not just the low carb flu then you should go up to at least step 2/3 until you recover!

Feel better soon!

Btw I can't eat as many cals as there are in step 5 and lose or maintain weight without exercising. You need to work out your basal metabolic rate and eat to your body!

Xxx

Whats the Low Carb Flu??? Well my throat feels like it has razor blades in it (and I'm a school teacher so thats annoying) and my nose is runny and i have a headache?

Well the low carb flu is when you start going into ketosis you can feel like you're getting the flu. So achy and headaches etc. not usually a sore throat though. So it's likely you have a real bug. If up to step 2 or 3 until you're better.

If your bmr is 1400 and a bit then if you don't regularly exercise this is your calorie allowance to maintain. I couldn't do step 5 as there were too many calories for me to maintain if I was sedentary. You can either up your exercise or accept the less food option...

Xxx

Back