Sick of carrying 2 hitchikers, Part 2....1 down 1 to go !!!!!!!

glad you're a bit better, hope the wee man gets on OK at his appointments and you at yours.

All the best for WI. :D

Thankfully Harry is fine no lasting effects from his fall, other than me being super scared every time he attempts to climb on the chair and believe me that is often lol, got a quote for my bridge, which wasn't as bad as I thought, knocked my front right side tooth out when I fell downstairs in Jan and have plucked up the courage finally to get it fixed, I don't think in this day and age that £218 is excessively expensive but now it's just finding the time to get it done. ah well a few more weeks won't harm lol
Had wi last night, really can't wait to see my dermatologist about taking diuretics with these tablets, my ankles were really badly swollen last night before I went, still manged to lose a lb, so happy with that, but am pretty sure if my ankles hadn't swollen it would possibly have been a couple lb more.
Still decorating, not easy working around Harry being here, so asked Kirsty to try and text us about an hour before she gets home (she doesn't have set hours) so we can clear up and air the place before he gets back, he's still a little wheezy so really don't want to make it worse.
But as I said to Mal, we are in no hurry to get the decorating finished, we have always rushed it cos of having the kids about, this time I want us to take our time and really get it the way I want and I am asking Kelly to help me declutter as she will definitely get rid of stuff I may hum and ha over lol.
Hope your doing ok lovely and hope to catch you up soon xxx

Popping in to say hello Lily
and catch up with you

Hello lovely, good to see you, when I have 5 minutes I will definitely pop by and say hello back xx

Hello lovelies, wow where has the time gone, I have been so busy I just haven't had the time to breathe and doubt I'll get much time over the coming year either.
As some of you may already know (those that are on my facebook friends list), my beautiful granddaughter has been selected to travel to Ghana next year to help build a scool and to teach the local children, English, Maths, Science and a whole other range of subjects that children in the UK take for granted.
We are super excited for her, it is a select group that get chosen for these trips and we are very proud of her to say the least.
However one of the stipulations to go is that she and her family must raise 60% of the £2000+ (she can if she can manage it, raise the whole amount through fundraising, and we are trying our very best to try to achieve that goal), fees through fundraising events organised by her and us her family.
As you can imagine, we are determined that nothing will stop her from going on this once in a lifetime trip and have been hard at work doing all we can to raise the money . So far in just 3 weeks through the generosity of great friends and family, we have already raised around £850, but it has been hard work and continual. Baking, holding psychic nights, boot sales, coffee mornings, pamper nights, craft days, bbq's and this weekend coming a cake sale at Watford Market, with the other children going on this trip, all money raised to be split between them all and added to their fundraising, which I have been roped into baking for again....omg believe me I baked all day Friday and Saturday in 30+ degrees heat for the psychic night on Saturday which was a huge success (we have 3 more of them booked in for August, Sept & October so far and Sally the psychic has given us all the proceedings from each night), we raise approx £300 last night from £10 admission fees for 16 people, £5 for a mini reading (which were scarily accurate), donations for drinks and food and sales of jewellery and crystals.
I am so excited by this and it seems to have given me an aim in life, I rarely if ever sit at my computer all day like I used to, I just don't have the time lol
Weight is still very up and down, making all these gorgeous cakes and savouries for the many events hasn't done my waistline any favours, having said that I have still maintained so happy about that too.
Hope you are all keeping really well and hope to catch up soon.
TTFN for now my lovelies...xxx:hug99:xxx
Lily xx

P.S. If you would like to donate to Kelsi's fund you can read all about it and make donations if you wish via this link xx

Kelsi's African adventure by Kelsi Bonny - GoFundMe

Hi Lily, just popping by to say hi! Hope you're doing ok. :)

Back