Sick of carrying 2 hitchikers, Part 2....1 down 1 to go !!!!!!!

Thank you lovely ladies, I feel a bit better today, spent 70% of yesterday asleep and today woke with the worst backache lol typical eh?
Feeling a lot better today but still feeling very weak and not in the least bit interested in food, had a couple of pieces of toast and bovril this morning and tried some soup at lunchtime but not really hungry. Mark has left me some mash and veg as I said I liked the idea of bubble and squeak, although that idea is now not feeling to great lol. I may just have a bit more toast and see how I feel tomorrow. I am still guzzling the Lucozade it's all I really want, although I have slowed down as the 380 ml bottle didn't last too long and cost me 13.5 syns :eek:
I have to admit to having a sneaky peek on the scales earlier as I swear I didn't believe any stomach cold hold that much lol
And imagine my surprise when they said I have lost 7lbs, Now I know that can all change by Tuesday and it is definitely a false weight due to the bug, but 7lbs :wow: I think I'd like to be sick every week :giggle: well 2 days of every week if that's the results, be down to target in no time :8855:
Anyways off to put my feet up, I have done a couple of loads of washing today and feel totally drained.
See you all soon hopefully TTFN xxx:hug99:xxx

Glad you're feeling a bit better, keep looking after yourself lovely Lily. But maybe the sickness has an upside in the weightloss but I still wouldn't recommend it as method for reaching target. :D

Hello lovely PP, I still feeling very bleurgh and right off my food right now, everything looks and sounds yuk!
I finally felt a little hungry last night right about this time (much the same as tonight), so Mal cooked the bubble and squeak for me, thankfully Mark hadn't put too many veg in and it was delicious, there was enough to make 3 smallish patties, which he did and 2 poached eggs which I fancied on top, so I sit down to eat it feeling good that I am now hungry and I couldn't eat it, managed to get one of the small patties down me and an egg, but then Mal and Chester shared the rest, I was bloated and still really just wanting my Lucozade.
Again today, had my brunch after a night of no sleep, I finally dozed off at 6 and woke at 12, I think it's because I slept so much Sunday during the day.
Got up couldn't face tea or coffee which is my usual tipple first thing and then about 1.30 decided I'd like some bacon and sausage, we had no bacon which we found out after Mal had cooked the sausages, so change of plan I had a Sausage in a roll, it was disgusting, I ate about half and felt sick lol, so left it and again Mal bless him made me scotch eggs with the remaining sausages from the pack, I had one and it was nice about 6.30pm but was full again.
They had Mince tonight, chilli, I think, no way I could even contemplate that, so about 15 mins ago I thought I would try another of the scotch eggs and a potato made into chips, i had 2 bites of the scotch egg and about half the chips and I am totally stuffed, feel like I had a lapband fitted while I was asleep, I physically can't even push myself to eat it, still really only wanting my Lucozade, that scares the hell out of me at 17.5 syns for a 500ml bottle, but as Kirsty said concentrate on getting better and deal with the weight after...hoping to feel well enough to go to group tomorrow night but I'll have to see. I'm still feeling very hot and my chest is absolutely killing me, it's definitely not an infection it doesn't feel like that, feels like I have strained it from the vomiting, Kirsty laughed cos I have strained all the veins in my face and a lot have burst, a wonderful sight lol
Going to go have a bath now and go to bed see if I can get an early night, maybe see if I fancy a milky nightcap to use my hexa when I get out of bath.
Take care lovely and hope to catch you soon xxx:hug99:xxx

Hope you are feeling better this morning Lily xxxxx

Hello lovelies, just a quickie as I am about to run out the door, I am feeling a lot better today, still can't bare the thought of certain foods, fruit being a main one yuk! but I have had a good day ish food wise, hoping to lose a little, I know my scales showed 7lb loss Sunday but I also know how quickly your body goes into starvation mode if you don't fuel it properly. Was looking at what I have eaten since Friday and it would be less than I would eat in one day as a rule, let alone 4, so fingers crossed I get a loss, if not it's back to the grindstone this week.
Must dash ttfn xxx:hug99:xxx

Hope you got a good result. :D

Thanks hun. you could have knocked me down with a feather 2.5lbs off for me this week ....I am still utterly amazed at that but I'll happily take it lol
Set myself a goal 2 weeks ago to lose 8.5lbs by end of April to get to my lowest weight in about 25 years, 3 weeks and 5lb to go...I will do this!!
Had a good chat with our consultant tonight after class, Kirsty puts a lot of pressure on me to do everything for her with regards to slimming world and basically Clive told her to get off her butt and start taking responsibility for herself and plan for herself and give me more time to concentrate on me...:woohoo: Go Clive lol!!!
Anyways off to have my dinner, I do actually feel a little hungry tonight and Kirsty and I are then going to sit and do some meal planning.
Catch you soon xxx:hug99:xxx

Thank you ladies x
Just completed the 2nd of my 3 appts today, had a visit with my nurse
for all my diabetes checks, 2nd one in 4 weeks as she wasn't happy with my blood
Sugar last time, all good today thank heavens lol
Just had my fasting blood test, yep knows it's late but it meant I could combine 2 appts with a quick visit to my sister
In between. Then got to go back to the same centre in just over an hour to
Have my retinopathy test.... Fun eh lol
Will be back later to do my diary and catch up ttfn :hug99:xxx

My Selfie after my retinopathy test lol

56918-albums3562-picture132864.jpg

Hey PP, yeah I played it clever this time, had my BS's done on 10th March, she asked me to come back in a few weeks, knew I had the retinopathy test today, so booked in for my FBT too as they are all in the same building, and as my sister lives just round the corner (even though she wasn't home today) I went and had some lunch with my niece before going back for my retinopathy at 3.30, so as you said all done now, just got to wear these daft glasses for another 3 hours approx lol
Had a new guy do the test this time, for last 8 years always been the same guy, but today a younger guy, don't know if it was sheer coincidence but the drops stung like hell and then for about 3 mins after the test I couldn't see anything but a black mist in front of my eyes, not had either of those problems before, but they are okish now, got a headache but then I always do after this test for some reason.
One good thing to come out of it, he told me my long range vision is perfect, shame I have to have a book or computer screen about 6 inches from my nose to be able to see them lol
I will come back after I have had a little nap and then dinner and do my food diary, I treated myself to something I haven't had since we went on holiday 2 years ago and that a Subway, I had nice chicken and salad sub with a drizzle of sweet onion dressing yummy ...thankfully I can make up the syns during the week and I am pleased to be honest, that I actually managed to eat every last scrap of it lol xxx

Last edited:
OMG I counted up the syns for the Sub and 2 glasses of Lucozade I had today and the grand total is ........................41.5 syns:eek: need to recoup those syns this week ...I will have another loss come hell or high water lol so here are my menu's for yesterday and Today xxx

Menu Tuesday 8th April 2014 EE

Breakfast:
2 x Mullerlight
Banana

Lunch:
2 x Ryvita
3 syns
Mayonnaise 1 syn
Bovril
Cucumber
Small Pear

Dinner:
Bubble and Squeak (Potato, Cabbage, Onions, Carrots, Broccoli)
Poached Egg
Baked Beans
2 Sausages
2 syns
Bread Roll
Hexb

Extras:
Warm Milk and Options
Hexa +2 syns
Wotsits 4.5 syns

Total syns for the day = 12.5

Syns for the week Day 1 = 12.5/140

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Menu Wednesday 9th April 2014 EE

No Breakfast...had Fasting blood test!

Lunch:

Subway with Chicken Salad and Sweet Onion Sauce 24.5 syns + Hexb
Lucozade 8.5 syns

Dinner:

Jacket Potato with Hexa of Philadelphia
Chicken Casserole/stew
Lucozade 8.5 syns

Extras:
Apple
Banana

Total Syns for today =

Total syns for the week, Day 2 = 54/140

Our boys at the Lido with Auntie Kelly and Great Cousin Lauren, looks like they had a fabulous fun filled day bless them.

56918-albums3562-picture132938.jpg

What a Fabulous smile from Harry, cutie pie xxx

56918-albums3562-picture132937.jpg

56918-albums3562-picture132936.jpg

56918-albums3562-picture132939.jpg

And Last but not least here's our Albert, another gorgeous boy xxx

56918-albums3562-picture132940.jpg

Hey PP, So you reckon the look might catch on then lol, might have to patent the design then :8855:
Headache lasted a bit, god knows why, still mostly gone now, it's 5.42am, I slept from 12-4, wide awake since ....bet you any money that I get sleepy once everyone starts getting up lol...my body clock is way off whack lol
The kids are gorgeous, they had so much fun at the Lido, must take them again soon, funny how you forget about a place and yet it's less than 5 miles from here, used to take my kids there all the time and occasionally when we were kids my mother would take us.
Had a so so day food wise today/yesterday, still getting tummy cramps though, apparently it's the bad bacteria in my tummy left over from the bug, doc has given me Peppermint oil capsules to take before each meal, they do seem to be settling it down , don't seem to be in so much discomfort after eating, but we'll see.

Menu Thursday 10th March 2014 EE

Breakfast:
Banana - couldn't face anything else
Coffee

Lunch
SW Chips
Leftover Chicken Casserole/stew

56918-albums4170-picture133116.jpg

Dinner:
Spaghetti
Bolognese Sauce
2 syns for lean mince (with split peas, lentils, various beans , tomatoes, mushrooms and passata)
Homemade Garlic Bread
Hexb + 1Syn for butter
Mixed Salad

Extras:
Wotsits
4.5 syns
Hot Milky Options x 2 =
Hexa + 4 syns (Milk =Blue Diamond 875 mls)
Coffee made with rest of Hexa
2 x Crumble Yogurts 1 syns
2 small pieces Fudge
4 syns

Syns for today =

Syns for the week, Day 3 = 70.5/140

Last edited:
Menu Friday 11th April 2014 EE

Breakfast:
Mixed berries (Strawberry, Raspberry, Blackberry, Blueberry, Redcurrants & Blackcurrants)
35g Porridge
Hexb
Yogurt
Coffee

56918-albums4170-picture133118.jpg

Lunch:
2 x Hash Browns 3 syns
Bacon
Eggs
Chicken Tikka
Baked Beans
Mushrooms
Brown Sauce
1 syn

56918-albums4170-picture133168.jpg

Last edited:
Looking good Lily

Thanks Kally xx:hug99:xx

Hope the peppermint oil is doing the trick. Enjoy the rest of your day. :D My bodyclock is messed up too. Pretty much awake all night every night and like a zombie during the day till I nap. Maybe I should look for a night shift job. :D

Hmm Peppermint, is doing ok, I take it before I eat and for about an hour it seems all is good, but then I end up with a tummy ache again like now about an hour after eating. still got a course for 2 weeks so see how it goes .
I used to work nights in an elderly residential home for that very reason lol, seriously! I have never been a good sleeper so working nights was ideal, I really don't sleep well anyways but not working has been a nightmare , I do my washing at night so that keeps me occupied lol xxxx

Back