Sick of carrying 2 hitchikers, Part 2....1 down 1 to go !!!!!!!

:bighug: hope you start to feel better soon

Hello Em, the decorating is going well thank you xx

Not been on for a few days as I have been a bit down .....the dermatologist I see increased my meds to 150mg a day from originally 75mg and I have persevered, they are working on the Psoriasis, but I have made the decision today to go back to her and tell her I want to stop them and try something/anything else...they work a treat and fairly quickly, but the side effects are just too much to bare.
I am peeling like a lizard, I have sores all over my face, mouth, lips, up my nose and my whole body is sore to touch, I am also covered all over in a rash that looks like chicken pox, but is in fact another side effect of the tablets and boy does it itch. keeping me awake most nights and antihistamines aren't having any effect either. My nose is bleeding and is full of sores, my gums are bleeding badly and I have a constant headache, and now to top it all I am freezing one minute and boiling the next, plus I have thrush, all side effects of the tablets....personally I prefer the pustules as bad as they are because I have had them so long I am used to them and know how to cope with them, this I can't cope with...oh and to top it all off another lovely side effect of the steroids is I have a voracious appetite and it's hampering my weight loss badly, my doc told me at hospital I could lower the dose of tablets if I lose weight and right now I am struggling as I am just constantly hungry....when I have lost the weight I may give them another go but for now, I have decided to go back to my 25-35mgs a day and see where that takes me.

Got wi tonight and again I am not holding out any hopes for a loss, the 1lb loss of last week was I am sure a sheer fluke, I have a dreadful feeling that won't happen tonight ...I also think the tablets are helping towards making me feel so down, I feel like I am in an electric field and every time I walk, talk, touch anything, eat anything or just plain move any part of my body I am getting an electric shock.

Sorry to bring more moans and groans to my diary, but it does help writing it down.

Hope you're all keeping well xxx:hug99:xxx

Lily xx

Lily,I am so sorry to read that you arehaving such a hard time. It sounds absolutely horrendous.

I am sure you have tried all the alternative aids and I am also sure you have been tested for things that might agravate it. For example coca cola is the enemy for Paul. He tried a couple of glasses over the Christmas period and really paid the price in the form of a massive flair up but nothing at all on the scale of what you are suffering. Paul finds tincture of violet gives him the most relief but it can only be bought in India( itmight be on line too). We are lucky that we have Indian friends who can get it for him.

We realise that the condition has to be treated from the inside but if you could just get some relief on the outside it would be an enormous relief for you.

We both send you our love. I read your entry to Paul and he sends you this :bighug:and this one is from me :bighug:

:bighug: don't apologise Lily, this is your diary, so it's your space to write what you want to. And if letting it out helps you, then keep going

Hope the scales are kind to you tonight xx

Bless you Em and thank you for your kindness, the scales were very kind to me again tonight xxx:hug99:xxx

:bighug: hope you start to feel better soon

Thank you LMC, so do I hun lol :fingerscrossed: xxx:hug99:xxx

Lily,I am so sorry to read that you arehaving such a hard time. It sounds absolutely horrendous.

I am sure you have tried all the alternative aids and I am also sure you have been tested for things that might agravate it. For example coca cola is the enemy for Paul. He tried a couple of glasses over the Christmas period and really paid the price in the form of a massive flair up but nothing at all on the scale of what you are suffering. Paul finds tincture of violet gives him the most relief but it can only be bought in India( itmight be on line too). We are lucky that we have Indian friends who can get it for him.

We realise that the condition has to be treated from the inside but if you could just get some relief on the outside it would be an enormous relief for you.

We both send you our love. I read your entry to Paul and he sends you this :bighug:and this one is from me :bighug:

Hi Sue and Paul, thank you for your kind words, if I could put all the money I have spent on alternative meds over the years I reckon I could afford a nice new Car at the least lol but as Paul must know you'll try anything to alleviate it....funnily enough today I read a post on the psoriasis forum and it really struck a chord, some guy had posted give up don't you know that none of the so called therapies will work long term, just get over it and sit back and wait until the day they find the cure....and you know what I have to say I kind of agree, everything seems to work short term, but you never give up trying to find the solution.
Funny you should say that Sue, I have never had an allergy test for the Palmoplantar Pustulosis, I did many years ago when they first diagnosed Psoriasis, but that was donkey's years ago, I was only saying tonight that when I see my C next I am going to ask her for an allergy test, can't come soon enough, luckily she made a 6 week appy this time instead of the usual 3 months.
Oooh I am going to go see if I can find that tincture of violets, if not I have a few Indian friends who would most likely get it for me when they go home...watch this space lol
That's exactly it, I'm not asking for a cure, I just want a bit of relief from it ...........please!!!
:bighug: :bighug: back at you and Paul, it's so lovely to have lovely people like you as friends, (we don't need to meet to be friends ), so I am sending my love back to you my lovely friends xxx:hug99:xxx

Just hugs to you Lily xx

Aww :thankyou: Kally, could do with some hugs right now and you always deliver hun xxx:hug99:xxx

So now down to the nitty gritty, it was wi tonight and I was expecting another gain, couldn't even get on my scales before I wrnt cos they are broken lol so I was totally in the dark, which would normally be ok but because I was so anxious to find out it was a pain lol...anyhoooooo..................

I only lost 1lb again this week, that's 2 weeks when I was convinced I would gain, when in fact I lost :woohoo: as my C always says 1lb a week is still 3st 10lb loss in a year, I'll take that thank you very much lol, but after deciding to go back down to just 25-35mg on my tablets I am aiming a whole lot higher next week, especially as some guy at group stuffed his face all week and still lost 9.5lb :wow: I want to be as close as I can to that next week but would be overjoyed at 3lb so :fingerscrossed: xxx:hug99:xxx

Well done Lily x

With everything else happening that's fab and means you're still doing something right :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Well done Lily x

With everything else happening that's fab and means you're still doing something right :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins
:thankyou: Lisa, I guess you're right, I was thinking while reading all the messages, when I am eating, even though I am eating things like mugshots cos they are the only things that seem to curb the gnawing feeling I get from the steroids ....it's definitely not hunger, even though I know they have an adverse effect on my weight cos of my intolerance to carbs, I don't have them that often, and I do tend to stuff myself with lots of fruit and now with the cold weather soups too, so I guess the good stuff definitely outweighs the bad and I am eating mindfully, just feels a lot at the end of the day and somehow my brain says whoooaaa too much food ...but I should know by now I guess that with the SW plan you can actually eat tons of the right stuff and still lose weight ....thankfully!!! xxx:hug99:xxx

Awww well done Lily

:thankyou: Kally xxx:hug99:xxx

Totally agree. Well done on wi lily xx

:thankyou:HBF, good to see you back on here hun and doing so well too xxx:hug99:xxx

Totally agree with Lisa

Well done on your loss Lily xx
:thankyou: Em, another fluke? Who cares it's a loss lol xxx:hug99:xxx

Morning lovelies, well I have been up since 4.30am again, itching from head to toe, but I must say even though it kept me awake it isn't as bad as it has been the last week, thank heavens for small mercy's, I dropped back to my lower dose of the steroids yesterday and my skin is worse today lol I expected it to get a little worse rather than better to begin with the body doesn't like the shock of a lower dose, especially my mouth and nose, I tried to take some pics to show y'all but they don't really show how bad it is.
:fingerscrossed: this soreness and itchiness goes real soon, I am itching (pun intended lol) to get back on plan properly and back to some good old exercise, I have missed doing what I was doing the last few months since my body decided to go on strike, but you know me, never gonna give up or give in, I need a good weight loss this week and by hell or high water I am going to get it !!

So off to have my brekkie.....even though I didn't come online for a few days I did write my food menu's last week, so I will put them up and today's menu too....a lovely day for a hot thick soup yummy yum yum, catch you all later and hopefully I'll be awake long enough to pop by your diaries xxx:hug99:xxx

Well done for WI. Hope the itching eases soon, and you have a good day :hug99:

Thank you Em, all I can describe it like is standing in the middle of an electric field and being shot full of electricity, not enough to actually harm you, but enough to sting and be sore and that's everywhere right now, but that part will go with the tabs being lowered, I din't have it before so I hope its not going to be permanent now....it was worth the try, any relief is good, but I can't and won't swap what I had before even though it was bad, for something that just feels so much worse, so here's to going back to just having pustules on my hands and feet that come and go in irregular cycles lol xxx

Menu Friday 11th January 2013

Breakfast

35g Porridge Hexb
200ml Kara Dairy Free Coconut Milk alternative 3 syns
1 tbsp Golden Syrup 2 syns
Coffee 1 syn
Banana, Mango, Plum and Apricot
Water 1 pint

Lunch
Homemade Mixed Veg Soup
Apple
2 x Satsumas
Coke Zero

Dinner
Smoked Salmon + Philadelphia Light Hexa and SaladBeef Hotpot 1 syn for Gravy granules
Mixed Veg
Mince Pie 5 syns
Vanilla Mullerlight
Jelly 0.5 syns
Water 1 pint

Extras:
Milk for tea 1 syn
Fruit
Mugshots x 2

Syns for the day = 13.5

Syns for the week = 54.5/105

Saturday 12th January 2013

Breakfast
Mullerlight
Mixed Fruit Salad
Coffee 1 syn
Water 1 pint

Lunch
2 x Bacon
2 x Sausage 1 syn
2 x Poached Eggs
Baked Beans
Banana
Satsumas x 2
Water 1 pint

Dinner
Cauliflower Cheese Hexa + 7.5 syns for Flour and Milk
Chicken Breast
Sauteed Potatoes
Water 1 pint

Extras
Walkers Stars 4.5 syns
Mini Ryvitas Hexb
Fruit
Jelly 0.5 syns
Coke Zero x 2
Mugshots x 2

Syns for the day =14.5

Syns for the week = 69/105

Sunday 13th January 2013

Breakfast
Mixed Fruit Salad, Banana, Melon, Apricot and Mango
Porridge Hexb
Milk Part Hexa
Coffee 1 syn
Water 1 pint

Lunch
Mixed Veg, Sweet Potato and Chilli
Soup
Apple
Satsumas x 2
Water 1 pint

Dinner
Soup from lunch
Scrambled eggs 1 syn for milk
2 x Sausages 2 syns
2 x Bacon
Grilled Tomato
Mushrooms
Beans

Extras
Kara Chocolate Milk 3 syns
Crunchie 9.5 syns
Walkers Stars 4.5 syns
Mugshot

Syns for the Day =21

Syns for the week = 90/105

Monday 14th January 2013

Breakfast
Toast x 3 Hexb + 2.5 syns
Bovril
25g Tesco R/F Pate 3 syns
Coffee 1 syn
2 Satsumas
Banana
Water 1 pint

Lunch
Tuna and ELF Mayonnaise 1 syn
Mixed Salad, Lettuce, Cucumber, Peppers, Tomatoes, Onions, Radish and Celery
Fat Free Vinaigrette
Satsuma and Apricots x 2
Water 1 pint

Dinnerr
Large Bowl of Chunky Veg Soup
Jelly 0.5 syns
Fruit,
Yoghurt
Water 1 pint

Extras
Hexa of R/F Cheddar
Apple

2 x Yogurts
2 Mugshots

Syns for the day = 8.5 syns

Syns for the week = 98.5/105

New week....Menu Tuesday 15th January 2013

Breakfast
Mixed fruit salad
Yogurt
Coffee 1 syn
Water 1 pint

Lunch
Salad with Red Salmon
Yogurt
Water
1 pint

Dinner
Half Portion of Chips from Take away 9 syns
Saveloy 6.5 syns
Jelly and Fruit with yogurt 0.5 syns
Coke Zero

Extras
Satsumas x 2
Apricots x 2
Bananas x 2
Syns for the day = 17
Syns for the week Day 1 = 17/105

Menu Wednesday 16th January 2013

Breakfast
Toast Hexb
Bacon
Poached Eggs
Mushrooms
Grilled Tomatoes
Coffee 1 syn
Water 1 pint

Lunch :
Veg Soup
Crusty Bread 6 syns
Water 1 pint

Dinner
Soup
Chicken Risotto with mixed veg
Water 1 pint

Extras
Milk for tea 1 syn
Apple
Peach
Satsumas
Cheese Hexa
Pasta n Sauce Tomato and Mediterranean Veg
Walkers Stars 4.5 syns

Syns for the day =12.5

Syns for the week, day 2 =29.5/105

So now down to the nitty gritty, it was wi tonight and I was expecting another gain, couldn't even get on my scales before I wrnt cos they are broken lol so I was totally in the dark, which would normally be ok but because I was so anxious to find out it was a pain lol...anyhoooooo..................

I only lost 1lb again this week, that's 2 weeks when I was convinced I would gain, when in fact I lost :woohoo: as my C always says 1lb a week is still 3st 10lb loss in a year, I'll take that thank you very much lol, but after deciding to go back down to just 25-35mg on my tablets I am aiming a whole lot higher next week, especially as some guy at group stuffed his face all week and still lost 9.5lb :wow: I want to be as close as I can to that next week but would be overjoyed at 3lb so :fingerscrossed: xxx:hug99:xxx

1lb is good, really, really good .One pound less to carry around. Banished for good. That second hitchhiker had better look for a lift from someone else.

Paul said if you would like half of his tincture of violet pm us with your address and we will send it to you,

massive hugs xxxxxxxxx

Back