Sick of people opinions!

I had a bloke at work who'd only just met me telling me not to eat after 7pm (after I'd told him I was having my dinner after work at 10pm) When I said I'd had jacket potato and beans the day before or lunch he laughed and said "You won't lose weight eating that", my mum lost weight just by not eating in the evenings. No doubt she did but perhaps she was a 'picker'
Told him I'd already lost a stone so yes I will lose weight!

It makes me mad that people think they have a right to give us their opinions. Fair enough if we ask, but why they feel the need to foist it upon us "larger" people is beyond me. I just smile sweetly, agree and then get on with what I'm doing. I know that I will lose weight on SW and the proof is always in the pudding.

Potatogirl said:
In my office this one woman is calorie counting and if she isn't eating (which is all the time - she regularly has her lunch at about 10am because she's so hungry) she's talking about food and totally obsesses about it ALL the time.

Don't get me wrong - I have my own issues - but going on about food ALL the time can't be good for you. If she not eating..she's talking about what she's had, what she's going to have, what she should have, what she can't have...
THEN tells everyone else what they should be eating.(>_<)

I have one of these also. I just think she really has nothing else going on in her life.

Not only, should you tell them to stuick their advice where the sun doens't shine,. but you should then go on to explain exactly why its none of their business. Someone at work told me the other day that they could never understand how people put on weight as she can't understand how people eat more than 2000 calories a day. We were in the pub at the time. I had diet coke, she had a pint (her third of the afternoon). So I went on to explain exactly how many calories were in her 3 pints and then told her to stick her misconceptions up her very small arse!
i really pmsl at this comment made my day i'll be laughin to myself all day at work thanx xx
:rotflmao:

she's talking about food and totally obsesses about it ALL the time.
This is what happens when people seriously restrict what they eat. When you're hungry all the time (because you're not eating enough) food is then all you can think about & losing weight becomes even more of a struggle - then you have something you 'shouldn't' & feel awful, so drop your calorie intake even further to compensate.
All this cycle achieves is making you obsessed with food, unable to lose weight and strengthens your feelings of failure, which then leads to you eating more.
We need to realise that practically starving ourselves is no good for us physically or emotionally & its counter-productive.

You guys make me smile after a paticulary crap week in work! Never mind four days off for us now and im hiking/going to the beach :)

Have a lovely Bank Holiday Weekend All xx

Beach and hiking sounds fab Lady! Have a great time! xx

Gosh im so annoyed!

Im sick of coming into work having people watch everything im eating!

I put a x light cheese triangle in my eggs this morning (v yummy) and I once again got told by someone else il get fat adding cheese!

I nearly had a full on argument with them. Wish people would mind there own business and leave me alone!

Pure Idiots :banghead:

I would just laugh at them and simply say 'Ok' and carry on eating!! They have absolutely NO idea... Bless them, they obviously have nothing better to do than make others feel miserable. Their time will come... ;) Good luck hun xxx

This is what happens when people seriously restrict what they eat. When you're hungry all the time (because you're not eating enough) food is then all you can think about & losing weight becomes even more of a struggle - then you have something you 'shouldn't' & feel awful, so drop your calorie intake even further to compensate.
All this cycle achieves is making you obsessed with food, unable to lose weight and strengthens your feelings of failure, which then leads to you eating more.
We need to realise that practically starving ourselves is no good for us physically or emotionally & its counter-productive.

This is why I am loving this change to this way of thinking. I am just getting on with it and making so many good decisions I can't believe it. I had calorie counted for virtually all my adulthood - and it does work but you have to be SO restrictive and disciplined - which leaves too much room for mistakes and shame and feeling bad and eating more etc...It leaves you with more problems sometimes.

Back on topic. When I went from 23 stone to 16, I had this manager who, when I was heavy almost treated me like he would catch it - so rarely spoke to me and was just plain rude.

So colour me confused when he came to sit with us for lunch one day and actually sat there commenting on EVERYTHING I put in my mouth. Then he said....
"You do look better now though, cos lets face it...you were a right state weren't you?"

Luckily, I wasn't too offended as the guy was a complete tool. My mates found this hilarious. What a tit.:rolleyes:

I cannot dream in what reality ANYONE could ever imagine making a comment like that to anyone.

Potatogirl said:
This is why I am loving this change to this way of thinking. I am just getting on with it and making so many good decisions I can't believe it. I had calorie counted for virtually all my adulthood - and it does work but you have to be SO restrictive and disciplined - which leaves too much room for mistakes and shame and feeling bad and eating more etc...It leaves you with more problems sometimes.

Back on topic. When I went from 23 stone to 16, I had this manager who, when I was heavy almost treated me like he would catch it - so rarely spoke to me and was just plain rude.

So colour me confused when he came to sit with us for lunch one day and actually sat there commenting on EVERYTHING I put in my mouth. Then he said....
"You do look better now though, cos lets face it...you were a right state weren't you?"

Luckily, I wasn't too offended as the guy was a complete tool. My mates found this hilarious. What a tit.:rolleyes:

I cannot dream in what reality ANYONE could ever imagine making a comment like that to anyone.

I must have a violent stteak or something. Thids dude would have not got out of there without at least a few broken bones. I seriously admire your restraint

ROFL!!!!

There's two kinds of "experts": the ones who can't see how SW can work (which we prob all felt at some time) and the pick and mix SWers. I've a friend like that; still think she starves herself a bit and then goes and has lots of little treats, or has to eat taco chips 'cos there was "nothing else healthy on the menu". Next thing, she puts on 2 pounds and "the plan doesn't work any more..."
It took her a month to get past cornflakes for breakfast wasn't a HE B, even though I told her 20 times. Next thing she tells me, her C told her that cornflakes are lethal... I nearly threw the phone across the room.
Latest thing is that she wasn't eating all her syns any day, just 6. Turns out it's six syns here, six syns there, and 6 more, and 6 more... Anyone see where I'm going with this? But the plan may just not work anymore 'cos "her thighs are just pure muscle now..." GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

I must have a violent stteak or something. Thids dude would have not got out of there without at least a few broken bones. I seriously admire your restraint

As I was writing my last post, I was telling my daughter and partner about Steve. He said exactly the same thing and was frankly stunned that I didn't put him through the wall. Idiot.

As I was writing my last post, I was telling my daughter and partner about Steve. He said exactly the same thing and was frankly stunned that I didn't put him through the wall. Idiot.

You are so good, I'm sorry, I really would have trouble restraining my fist from meeting his face. Repeatedly.

My favourite is: "wow, you only lost 3lbs? You're not doing it right. Those biggest loser people are dropping 15lbs a week every week!" *facepalm*

And heaven forbid you have an unexplained gain / bad week and let them know...OMG. I've been accused of 'complaining, but not getting off my butt and doing something about it'. :confused:

According to them, 'you're not doing it right' unless your sweating it out in a gym for 6 hours everyday and living on salad (the BL diet is not like that, but that's what they think it is). These people think that slimming is instantaneous and constant. They don't believe in bad days, star weeks, frustration, comfort eating, bloating/water retention and how long it really takes to form new habits whilst breaking bad ones. They don't believe in people struggling with eating disorders.

They think everyday is easy. In fact, I am constantly surprised at how little some supposedly healthy people know about health and nutrition.

Gosh im so annoyed!

Im sick of coming into work having people watch everything im eating!

I put a x light cheese triangle in my eggs this morning (v yummy) and I once again got told by someone else il get fat adding cheese!

I nearly had a full on argument with them. Wish people would mind there own business and leave me alone!

Pure Idiots :banghead:

I know that feeling well. Im sick of the food police on my case and god if you get seen having a treat its like "you're not allowed to eat/drink that"!!!!
Ignore them hun, they obviously have no idea at all about syns & sw etc.

I once got told I shouldnt be drinking Ribena really light as it rots your teeth then I saw that same person drinking chocolate milk which had over 700 calories in for the bottle mmmmm idiot!! lol!!

Great quote I heard the other day which fits this well....

Sorry it's a bit rude btw!!

Opinions are like arseholes... Everyone has one but it is best kept to yourself !!

Xx

You know what I say to that?

"I know! It's cheese! And I HAVE to have it on this diet! And I'm losing weight on it too!"

With a a BIIIIIIG smile.

And then I pull faces at them when they turn around. ;)

I had a meeting at work. I'd lost about 2 stone with SW the last time (I've kept it off too!)This woman was meant to talk to me, she walked past me twice. Then she came over and sat down. First words out of her mouth were "God, I really didn't think that was you. I just said that can't be her, she's much bigger. Seriously, you've lost so much weight, you used to be huge".

Answer that ...

well when you are looking supa slim and amazing and she/he is asking your secret it will be your time to patronise them when you say "its all about healthy eating darling you clearly wouldn't understand!!!!!!" :massmoon:

Back