Sick of self sabatage and emotional eating!

missgalaxy

Yummy Mummy! xx
This week has been a complete binge week, eating what I like and binging on chocolate very night. The thing is, Im sitting eating it, not really enjoying it but unable to stop myself!

Ive realised that this has got to stop. I set myself a mini goal when I rejoined sw of losing 20lb in 20 weeks for my hols. I need to refocus on that as it is achieveable if I put my mind to it! (Ive already lost 6.5lb with 13 weeks to go I think)

so so sick of feeling like this, then eating, then feeling crap for eating and its just such a vicious circle!

I have read other threads similar to this and wondering how others get through is?? x

you aint alone hun,some point in all our weight loss journeys i think we all go through a sticky patch where we go off the plan.

its always so hard to get back from that coz i think once you have the taste again it pulls us under.

when i feel like that or i feel im slipping back to me old ways i think of all the things why im dieting in the first place!!
i always give myself a good talking to.
it helps if we have something to aim for like me im going florida in sept 2011 and i want to get just under 10 stone off before then!!
u said u have your goal for your hols id keep concentrating on that and plan your food alwways have loads of free food in and speed foods hun and get rid of all the junk!!

another thing i do is look through all the posts/threads on here at all the people doing well and losing lbs and lbs each week ...cozz thaat always gives me that kick up the bottom i need when im stuggling!!

You can do it hun just have faith in yourself!!

I suffer from binging and emotional eating. Luckily for me I only shop for me so can prevent it if I don't buy any junk (hard I know!). I usually write a meal plan for the week along with a shopping list and then shop online to stop me buying all the things I shouldn't. I can never just have 1 biscuit or 1 pack of crisps so I just don't buy them anymore.

Maybe get stuff in for quick and easy low syn snacks? I find it helps to sit down and watch a film with a bit of popcorn or a mug of soup, so I get something nice to eat but distract myself from going too mental. Take a look at the sample menu's on the SW site, they have recipes for syn free mousses and sweet things you could make and have throughout the week. Try not to deprive yourself and have a treat everyday.

I've also gone out for a brisk walk or a jog as well and that's worked well too.

The easiest thing for me is to not have the temptation there, but I know that's difficult, especially if you're around other people. Good luck with it all!

Back