Sick of Weight watchers hello slimming world

cally_24

Hi everyone!

Just wanted to say hello as i'm new here. I've been on ww since january and have lost 20Ibs in the last 6 months but i'm getting bored of weighing and pointing everything. I did slimming world a couple of years ago and i thought it was great so i'm going to give it another go.

Day 1 starts tomorrow. I'm off to read my slimming world books, needs to get all the points out of my head :D

Cally x

I have done slimming world on & off for 3 years and lost 3 stone. I was gonna try weight watchers but with 2 small children I thought counting points would be too much hassle and chose slimming world instead. Im glad I did has kids and my partner can eat what eat too and so dont think mummy is on a diet & eating strange things lol.

Hey cally 24 keep us posted in your progress! I started slimming world 2 wks ago after losing 2 stone in weight watchers but am struggling to see results so far! I feel great and am eating very healthy now so am sticking at it as others have reassured me that it took them a few wks to see results after switching from weight watchers too!!! So don't be disheartened! I only have half a stone left to lose so I guess it will be slower for me anyway! Am hoping for good results this week!!!

Hey!! I've yo-yo'd between diets for a few years now, but SW is my old faithful!! WW etc have been useful when I need to mix it up, and kickstart, but at the end of the day SW is my bible!!
:)

I did ww for three months but in the end having to point and measure absolutely everything really got to me. I found sw suits me much better as there is minimal weighing and counting and so is much easier to sustain over the long term. I now have only 3.5lbs to go till target. Bring it on!

Welcome to slimming world. As others have said it may take a couple of weeks for you to see a loss as you a going from a restricted diet to what is basically a 'healthy eating plan' that the whole family can enjoy so don't get disheartened if you gain i the first couple of weeks. I joined slimming world Jan 2010 and lost 2.5 stone reaching my target in september 2010 and have remained at target ever since.

If your books don't contain the extra easy it may be worth attending a class even if just to get the new books and new member talk.

Good luck and welcome on board x

Hi everyone!

Just wanted to say hello as i'm new here. I've been on ww since january and have lost 20Ibs in the last 6 months but i'm getting bored of weighing and pointing everything. I did slimming world a couple of years ago and i thought it was great so i'm going to give it another go.

Day 1 starts tomorrow. I'm off to read my slimming world books, needs to get all the points out of my head :D

Cally x

Welcome Cally

I was previously on WW and like you had lost 20lbs since Christmas but kept playing around with the same 2lbs for a few weeks and then lose some more but never consistently losing every week with the new Pro Points plan ( I did it 2 yrs ago and lost 3st in 8 mths) so I signed up with SW online on the 27/06 and spent the first week going through the info and making menus and reading this site (its awesome) and in the last 5 weeks I've lost 9.5lbs, almost half of what I lost on WW in 6 months.

Good luck xx

Must admit, it's totally what works for you isn't it?! My losses on WW were so low it was de-motivating!! Lost the will to try after a while!! SW losses are that but quicker and more consistent, which is what I like!!

:)

Hello Cally and welcome to Slimming World! Good luck and keep us updated with how you're getting on x

Back