Sick :(

tweeandbiscuits

This is probably a stupid question, but someone else asked it to me, so I'm forwarding it on, as I have no idea...

I've got an upset stomach at the moment, and although I ate breakfast and lunch it didn't stay down.... Do I still point it? I didn't think anything about it until my friend (who also does weightwatchers) asked if I still had to point the food even though it didn't stay down?

Anyone have an answer?

To be honest id say no assuming your appetite doesnt return today.

Focus more on getting better :)

I would, I remember reading an article on Bulimia once saying that purging doesn't get rid of all the food and therefore there is some food that is digested etc. Chances are if you are ill you probably won't need all your daily points later in the day anyway.

Here you go, I Googled. While I am not saying you are Bulimic the answer relates to your question. I would defo count the calories. Interesting question though!
Purging isn’t effective at getting rid of calories, which is why most people suffering with bulimia end up gaining weight over time. Vomiting immediately after eating will only eliminate 50% of the calories consumed at best—and usually much less. This is because calorie absorption begins the moment you put food in the mouth. Laxatives and diuretics are even less effective. Laxatives get rid of only 10% of the calories eaten, and diuretics do nothing at all. You may weigh less after taking them, but that lower number on the scale is due to water loss, not true weight loss.

tweeandbiscuits said:
This is probably a stupid question, but someone else asked it to me, so I'm forwarding it on, as I have no idea...

I've got an upset stomach at the moment, and although I ate breakfast and lunch it didn't stay down.... Do I still point it? I didn't think anything about it until my friend (who also does weightwatchers) asked if I still had to point the food even though it didn't stay down?

Anyone have an answer?

Hi

I've been I'll since 13th of June including being hospitalised last week with viral gastrointeitus from the 13th till 18th I ate nothing as was being constantly sick even now I'm being sick after I eat anything and in some cases gone back to throwing up after water as well.

Needless to say I didn't point anything tho trying to point little bits now so I really wouldn't worry about it

There is nothing worse then feeling/being sick I hope you don't have what I have because I wouldnt wish it on my worst enemy.

Oh and are you a penguins fan? I'm a rangers girl x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Chlo said:
Here you go, I Googled. While I am not saying you are Bulimic the answer relates to your question. I would defo count the calories. Interesting question though!
Purging isn't effective at getting rid of calories, which is why most people suffering with bulimia end up gaining weight over time. Vomiting immediately after eating will only eliminate 50% of the calories consumed at best--and usually much less. This is because calorie absorption begins the moment you put food in the mouth. Laxatives and diuretics are even less effective. Laxatives get rid of only 10% of the calories eaten, and diuretics do nothing at all. You may weigh less after taking them, but that lower number on the scale is due to water loss, not true weight loss.

Scientific truth!

Count them, but dont force yourself to eat hon, and stick to dry toast and plain foods. Maybe diet coke might help kill the germs too! Feel better lovely xxxx

I would count them still

To be honest id say no assuming your appetite doesnt return today.

Focus more on getting better :)

I've just about got my appetite back this evening, Ugh, I hate being ill. I've not bothered counting today or yesterday, unless i've got magic 10 pp a slice bread there's no way I've hit my points today anyway haha.

I would, I remember reading an article on Bulimia once saying that purging doesn't get rid of all the food and therefore there is some food that is digested etc. Chances are if you are ill you probably won't need all your daily points later in the day anyway.

I didn't need to point anything else yesterday, and tbh not much today either, so I've just left it today too. I feel a bit better today, so hopefully I can get back on track tomorrow.

Purging isn’t effective at getting rid of calories, which is why most people suffering with bulimia end up gaining weight over time. Vomiting immediately after eating will only eliminate 50% of the calories consumed at best—and usually much less. This is because calorie absorption begins the moment you put food in the mouth. Laxatives and diuretics are even less effective. Laxatives get rid of only 10% of the calories eaten, and diuretics do nothing at all. You may weigh less after taking them, but that lower number on the scale is due to water loss, not true weight loss.

Glad you are feeling better.

Hi

I've been I'll since 13th of June including being hospitalised last week with viral gastrointeitus from the 13th till 18th I ate nothing as was being constantly sick even now I'm being sick after I eat anything and in some cases gone back to throwing up after water as well.

Needless to say I didn't point anything tho trying to point little bits now so I really wouldn't worry about it

There is nothing worse then feeling/being sick I hope you don't have what I have because I wouldnt wish it on my worst enemy.

Oh and are you a penguins fan? I'm a rangers girl x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I just had a 24 hour bug, I'd been poorly earlier on this month, and don't think my immune system had recovered, and with a kid at primary school I swear I'm first in line for every bug going. I'm just glad I've not spent today cuddling the loo bowl again. I hope you'll be feeling better soon too :)

(and yeah. GO PENS!)

Scientific truth!

Count them, but dont force yourself to eat hon, and stick to dry toast and plain foods. Maybe diet coke might help kill the germs too! Feel better lovely xxxx

I thought I had to count them anyway, I think it was just my friends wishful thinking that we didn't need to!
Toast has been my best friend today, and tea, I'm feeling tonnes better thank you :)

I'm so glad! Thinking of you :) xxx

Back