Side Effects???

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Shingai, 3 June 2011 Social URL.

1. Shingai

Shingai Member

Start Weight:
    19st4lb
    Current Weight:
    12st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    6st6lb(33.33%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    I have been on the SS plan for over 7 months now and, other than in the first week, had not suffered any of the undesirable side-effects like headaches, ketosis breathe and so forth.

However, I seem to have developed night sweats in the last month or so, and the sweat smells really really bad. I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this and if it's related to ketosis at all?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. muhly

muhly Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st11lb
    Current Weight:
    11st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st9lb(24.64%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    ketones come out either through breath, urine, or sweat. or a combination of all three. yours must be coming out through sweat rather than the other ways I suppose :) they're got to come out somewhere!

congrats on staying on CD for 7 months that is amazing

4. Shingai

Shingai Member

Start Weight:
    19st4lb
    Current Weight:
    12st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    6st6lb(33.33%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Well, all I can say is I'm glad I'm single at the moment, lol

5. kellymarie3488

kellymarie3488 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st11lb
    Current Weight:
    15st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st11lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Weight Plan SS+
    After being on it for 10 weeks before I suffered from bruising really easily some sort of vitamin deficiency. I have the terrible breath, carry sugar free gum always lol!! X

6. Jayellekay

Jayellekay this time - the last time

Start Weight:
    16st6lb
    Current Weight:
    11st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    4st10lb(28.7%)
    Ooh....I didn't realise bruising was a side effect. I'm covered in bruises at the moment!

7. Lily

Lily Gold Member

Start Weight:
    16st11.0lb
    Current Weight:
    15st10.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st7.0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1lb(6.38%)
    Diet:
    VLCD
    Yup - your body's used to having a certain level of Vitamin K and it's likely that you were having more of it naturally in your diet before you started CD. There is a good level of Vit K in Cambridge diet products, so it's just a temporary effect while your body gets used to having less.

8. Cerulean

Cerulean Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st2lb
    Current Weight:
    11st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    5st6lb(31.67%)
    Diet:
    CD Step 5/Low GI
    Cor we're an attractive bunch at the moment - smelly and bruised. Bit like rotten fruit ;) My gums are playing me up...they usually do on SS. I don't feel my ketosis breath is any more offensive than my friends' boozy breath of an evening or my work colleague's smelly food - a good old brush and lots of water usually sorts it out for me.

I've been golden this time round - really healthy - not even the problem with rampant unending coldsores I had on Lighter Life. I think it's mainly cos I'm not stressed at work and home as well as doing this. I'm pretty zen and bouncy and full of life!

9. Cerulean

Cerulean Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st2lb
    Current Weight:
    11st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    5st6lb(31.67%)
    Diet:
    CD Step 5/Low GI
    Oooh - Lily, that's a TOP fact - I was bruising like a persimmon up until a few weeks ago...now I'm bruise free. Although that may have something to do with not being in a play with stage fighting any more ;) - despite that, I still usually bruised a lot without being grabbed and thrown around nightly....

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.