*sigh* The Same 4lb

StaceyUK

Gold Member
I seem to be gaining and losing the same 4lb for the past 2 months! Gah!!!

I know it's my fault and not the plan but it's still annoying me.

I'm going to really re-focus after Christmas and my hols to America to finally get to target. I'm still going to stick to the plan between now and Christmas - only have 3 more WIs so I could probably lose 4-5lb if I really tried.

My problem is that I'm much happier now than I was before and people keep telling me that I look good so I've lost my drive somewhat and have become blase with my food - hence me basically maintaining over the past 2 months.

Sorry for the rant. I just wanted to get that off my chest!!! Back to EE this week and going to be record everything! Hopefully get off the 2.5lb I gained this week.

I seem to be gaining and losing the same 4lb for the past 2 months! Gah!!!

I know it's my fault and not the plan but it's still annoying me.

I'm going to really re-focus after Christmas and my hols to America to finally get to target. I'm still going to stick to the plan between now and Christmas - only have 3 more WIs so I could probably lose 4-5lb if I really tried.

My problem is that I'm much happier now than I was before and people keep telling me that I look good so I've lost my drive somewhat and have become blase with my food - hence me basically maintaining over the past 2 months.

Sorry for the rant. I just wanted to get that off my chest!!! Back to EE this week and going to be record everything! Hopefully get off the 2.5lb I gained this week.

Awww honey! I think these phases are something most of us have faced and it is disheartening. And you're right, it's a catch 22 almost! You lose, feel good and better, stop being as strict and then feel rubbish again! Gah!

The thing is honey, you're still going to WI and still here - so you are still wanting to achieve your goals and you WILL get there. It's not easy doing what we are doing - it's a life change and we're human - so don't worry too much. The thing is you're here wanting to progress and you can do it.

Just go back to the basics. Re-read books and get a plan sorted for meals for the week and just pretent you're new to SW and try to get to how it was in the start.

If it's any consolation, I didn't 'lose' for well over 6 WIs and am now losing. Well, I STS this week, but in the last 4 WIs I've caught up and lost an extra 3.5lbs to what I was. So you can overcome this!

Good luck and don't apologise for anything! You're always lovely to us all and we're here for you too xxxx

P.S look over your signature and the awards you have won. You've been a star!!! Well done you! xxx

........but in that 2 months you could have put on a hell of a lot of weight- and you didn't.

You are getting nearer and nearer your target now- this can only prove to you that you are able to maintain your fantastic loss. It will always slow down closer to target and I know EXACTLY what you mean about feeling pretty happy with how you look.

Try not to pressurise yourself too much. Even if you maintained from now until the new year then had a massive surge towards target in 2010, would that be so bad???? Count any losses as a massive bonus, count maintaining as perfect and look to avoid gains- slow and steady wins the race

xxxxx

Awww thanks ladies! You always know what to say to make me feel better! I'm just disappointed in myself as I wanted my 6.5st award before my trip to America but nevermind. Like you say, this has been a good exercise in maintaining for when I get to target! Although I'm not sure it's the right way - to gain 2-3 and then lose it over a couple of weeks and then gain it back again!

Oh, and it was my birthday last week and I went away for a long weekend so considering I had probably 1 day on plan, a 2.5lb gain is not so bad!

But 'normal' people don't class them as gains and losses, mate. They just call them fluctuations!

My husband's weight varies over a 6lb average. But he never considers it as putting on or losing weight, just as being a bit bloated/lean compared to 'normal'.

I guess the closer you are to target the more used we all have to be to realising that it would be physically IMPOSSIBLE to always be exactly the same weight every single week.

You are inspiring Stacey- this is just the next leg of your journey, hun
x

Although I'm not sure it's the right way - to gain 2-3 and then lose it over a couple of weeks and then gain it back again!

That's how I do it hun!! And have done for the last 16 months. I've never been one to sts week in week out at target!

Anyway, about YOU - as the other girls have said, you've done incredibly well, one last big push after xmas and you'll get there. Bit of planning and refocus and you're there.

Don't worry and enjoy your hols hun.xxx

I can only agree with the others! As soon as I could get comfortably into a 16 the motivation seemed to melt away! You've done SO well! I'd carry on with EE, the motivation always seems to reappear in January! If you can maintain till then you'll soon lose the rest.

You are much happier now than previously, but you are not completely happy are you, otherwise this wouldn't be niggling at you. You need to achieve what you set out to achieve and not be swayed by compliments. If you are getting them now, just think what they will be like when you reach YOUR goal. Don't sit back on your laurels till after Christmas, pull your boots up hun and have a little sprint, with a bit of determination you can shift a few more pounds by then. Less pressure after Christmas too, and a bit of slack for Christmas itself. Just like the athletes babe, you've just hit the wall, but once you battle through it, the finish line will be glorious.

Back