sigh!!!!!!

gemmybean

hello all,
I am finding myself starting to feel really lacking in motivation. In this weeks weigh in i got my first award, 1/2 stone which was amazing, i definatly starting to feel as though i'm losing weight, clothes are sligtly looser.
The weeks are great, don't go over sin allowance, cook my own meals, and everything, then at the week end everything goes to pot and i end up eating and drinking far more than i should. I feel as though i'm missing out on something. I'm starting to get annoyed with myself. I've already had a glass of wine whilst cooking dinner, and theres another full bottle in the fridge-whilst i know i want it i am also feeling really guilty about having it. God i'm so annoyed with myself

it is everything in moderation, i am sitting here with a glass of wine which may become a bottle but i am prepared for that and have reduced my syns this week to take this in to account.

Do you have your syns daily or weekly? If you know that weekends are a danger time for you then you could work weekly with 70/105 syns, leaving more syns to use at the weekend. Then you wouldn't feel so guilty because you'll have still stayed within your syn allowance.

I found this with Slimming World. And after losing 5st in a year I lost so much motivation that I gained it all again (and another couple besides).

This time around I'm just watching the calories. And after only five months I've already lost 4 stone and am going through a maintenance month before dropping the calories once more so that my body doesn't slide into plateau-land. And I'm finding it so very easy to resist chocolate, cakes, takeaways, alcohol, because I don't feel that I'm missing out on anything.

If I really fancy something, I'll find out how many calories it is. And if I then decide to eat it, I adjust my plan for the rest of the day.

Sometimes (more often than not) I look at the calories and think "That could be a sandwich for lunch. Sod it, the Mars Bar isn't worth it". And sometimes I think "You know what, 180 calories is fine, I'll live with hitting 1,500 today instead of 1,300" and have a pack of crisps.

Calorie counting puts me far more in control of what I choose to eat than Slimming World ever did.

Back