Signing Health Forms

ROSB

Hi

I have just started LL but my Surgery flatly refuse to sign my Health Form. :sigh:

My Councillor has a list of 'other' Drs etc who will sign for a fee so I am trying to get an Appointment with one of those.

Will it only be this first time I need to to visit/pay another practitioner or do I need to go through this all over again to have my BP checked in the future?

Hi, I had difficult doctor too but she signed eventually. You only have to get form signed the once, but you need to get a different form signed once a month for your blood pressure testing. I go to Asda pharmacy to get mine done and it is completely free. The staff are always wonderful and take an intrest in how i am doing. I know some people get theirs done at their surgery but it all depends on your practice. I believe some superdrug stores if they have a pharmcy attached will also sign doctors form i think it is around £40. My doctor charged me £15 some do it free . Hope this helps good luck

Thanks for quick reply.

I do have the number of a local Superdrug but also have a GP number to contact on Monday who maybe slightly cheaper.

My only worry was I would have to do this all again every month.

We do have a Lloyds Chemist and a Tesco Pharmacy local too so may get them to do my BP.

Makes me so angry when I am willing to pay to try to get myself out of the Obese catagory yet get no help from my GP to do so - even though I have paid National Insurance for the last 35 years! :mad:

Lloyds don't do it in my area. But superdrug do - but you need to call them first to make sure they have a trained person there.

Our LLC has a private nurse who comes in once a month to do our BPs for us. This makes it so simple as there is no charge and you always know they will be there at the right time. The nurse is doing the plan herself - so obviously is in support of it.

Many doctors are refusing to sign the forms these days. I wonder if some new recommendation has been sent to them regarding this diet in particular. When will they learn that telling us to eat healthily and to exercise is just not enough. A diet like LL seems to work well for most people yet it is pushed to one side by health professionals...crazy!

Hi, My daughter is planning on starting LL and has appointment with gp on monday ( same practice as myself but different gp) will be intresting to see his take on it. I plan to go with her as i reached my goal weight on wednesday night so i feel as i am living proof of LL . I am back running again after a break of several months ( i stopped because of knee problems and was told i needed a new knee in the next 5 years ) i am now running with no problem at all due to running 56 lbs lighter. I have had asthma for the last 12 years and at the moment it is completely under control for the first time ever. I feel amazing fitter and healthier than ever before in my life. Why do doctors have a problem with this. I think doctors need to visit a LL class and speak to people doing the plan and see how well everyone is. I have always felt that drug addicts , alcholics, and smokers have always had better help and support than people with weight issues. We are just expected to get on with it. ( sorry rant over ). Hope it goes well for you. x

Well done Lozzer and well said.

I agree - if you are a smoker you can get patches, counselling, hypnotherapy and goodness knows what on prescription. Want to lose weight - you might be lucky enough to get a gym pass or recommendation to try weight watchers. But that's it. No financial help and none of the essential counselling.

I will certainly be telling my doctor what I have done to lose the weight. the same doctor who prescribed me a drug for obesity which was subsequently withdrawn because it was found to be dangerous. What on earth was I supposed to learn from taking drugs. Didn't teach me anything other than "the drugs don't work".

Well done Lozzer you are an inspiration I feel like taking a copy of your Post and stick it under my GP's nose!

I am fortunate that (at the moment) I dont have any health issues but as I am now in my 50's I feel I need to get the weight off NOW.

I have been overweight all my adult life and the only time I have managed to lose 7 stone plus was 7 years ago with LL.

Over the past 7 years most (but not all) the weight has gone on again despite me joining and rejoining WW/Slimming W or calorie counting.

I know I have a problem with food and it seems I can only moderate my food intake by doing LL. I didnt do the Maintenance last time but most certainly will this time.

Superdrug charge £5 for the monthly bp check and a one off payment £40 for the first form before you start.

I go to a local privately owned pharmacy and they do it for free just make sure they stamp it. Lloyds Pharmacy def won't do it, I've heard a few people say they are refusing to get involved.

Back