signs and symptoms?

Different doctors seem to differ in their opinions on what 'counts' as full PCOS, but it'll be a combination of a) cysts on the ovaries (shown in a scan), b) hormonal irregularities c) the outward symptoms.
The outward symptoms can be things like irregular/missing/very light periods, acne (especially on the jawline), weight gain/difficulty losing (especially on the tummy), hirsutism (excess body/face hair), dark patches of skin/skin tags in the groin/armpit areas.
There are more if you have a look on Wikipedia/NHS site.

I don't know to be honest, I had mine when I was reasonably slim. They usually do an internal scan (probe through the vagina) unless there is a reason not to (I had an external scan) so I don't think it would matter much.

When I had my scan they offered two types, external (on the belly) and internal (a probe) - I ended up having both. Make sure you have a full bladder for the external and you should be fine. The probe isn’t painful just more uncomfortable.

My symptoms were that I never had periods, im talking like 1-2 a year if that. Didn’t really realize how abnormal it was until I worked in an office full of women and they used to moan about their periods each month. Other than that I didn’t have the excess hair, acne or weight problems like other people sometime have (my weight problems came from chocolate & cake :rolleyes:)

When I had my scan they offered two types, external (on the belly) and internal (a probe) - I ended up having both. Make sure you have a full bladder for the external and you should be fine. The probe isn't painful just more uncomfortable.

My symptoms were that I never had periods, im talking like 1-2 a year if that. Didn't really realize how abnormal it was until I worked in an office full of women and they used to moan about their periods each month. Other than that I didn't have the excess hair, acne or weight problems like other people sometime have (my weight problems came from chocolate & cake :rolleyes:)

not uncomfortably full though? haha, i have very long heavy bleeds for about 3 months, bad acne and i get horrible cramps even when im not bleeding. it knocks me sick the pain. if the scans come back clear than we are going to focus on the pill im on and maybe go for coil instead! thank you very much

Betty x

My symptoms are, carrying all my weight around my stomach (look about 8 months pregnant some days), excess hair, spots & irregular periods (normally between 30-50 days). I had to have an internal scan about two years ago where they discovered the cysts on my ovaries.

Drink two glasses of warm water after waking up
Go for running
Take one cup of green tea and one apple.
Inn lunch take one bowl of Cabbage soup and 1 cup oats.

Back