silly request - how can i work out 42g cereal without scales?

debtin

Gold Member
sorry to post a stupid question but my scales are broken...going back on plan and have bought crunchy bran which i can have 42g off but how can i measure this? few tablespoons? does anyone have a picture or what it is equal to in a measuring jug:confused::confused:

debtin said:
sorry to post a stupid question but my scales are broken...going back on plan and have bought crunchy bran which i can have 42g off but how can i measure this? few tablespoons? does anyone have a picture or what it is equal to in a measuring jug:confused::confused:

Hmmm...personally I'd have another HexB choice until I got my scales sorted hun.

If you're really desperate to have the cereal & have some time on your hands then divide the total weight of the box by 42 & then split it between that number :confused:

Ps Tesco have reduced the salter digital kitchen scales from £18 to £9 if that helps

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I too would switch, or maybe have eggs or fruit for breakfast?

I just work it out from the packet size, but that only works if the packet's not already open and some used.

well 38g is a 1/4 cup of grains i.e rice which is sort of similar. 42g is 1.5 ozs you can buy measuring cups which may be cheaper than a set of scales

They have measuring cups in the £1 shop quite handy to have and a good help when I can't be bothered to get the scales out :)

Back