Simple Syn Free Meal Ideas

Sandrah78

Silver Member
I thought I would put together a thread which gives ideas for meals which are self-explanatory and syn free (some do use healthy extras). The list I have so far is as follows:

chicken & bacon salad
ttir fry and batchelors noodles
quorn spaghetti bolognese
quorn shepherds pie
spaghetti carbonara
egg, chips & beans
baked potato, cheese & beans
omlette & chips
baked potato & pasta sauce
quorn sausage, chips & mushy peas
homemade potato and leek soup
tuna pasta bake

Oh fab thread.

A couple more.
Veg curry with rice and pitta bread
And Quorn sausage and Mash using laughing cow triangles and milk fro hex with beans
Oh potato wedges
Oh oh and roasted vegetables with cous cous

good idead
ok question... i keep hearing about slim world chips?? are these a normal pack of chips or acctualy speacial slim world ones??
oh and also i noticed potatoe wedges there?? what sections would they come under in a meal??

The chips and wedges are easy to make.

With the chips I cut potatoes into chips, part boil for a few mins and then drain and dry them.

Put fry light on baking tray, add chips season with salt and spray a little more spray light on then bake them.

For wedges I bake a couple of pots in the microwave for a few mins, they need to still be firm. Cut into wedges and spray fry light on. (I've found that spraying fry light on the counter and then rubbing it in works best. Then season and coat in spices. I use a fajita powder. I have that if you stand the wedges up on their skin side works better for even coverage whilst baking:)

ahh i see home made!! might give the chips a try tonight. when you say boil them u just mean in a pan of water?? and for how long?? and how long do you cook them for after that??

Oh fab thread.

A couple more.
Veg curry with rice and pitta bread
And Quorn sausage and Mash using laughing cow triangles and milk fro hex with beans
Oh potato wedges
Oh oh and roasted vegetables with cous cous

im sure pitta bread is syned!

ahh i see home made!! might give the chips a try tonight. when you say boil them u just mean in a pan of water?? and for how long?? and how long do you cook them for after that??

Yeah boil in a pan for about 7 mins, but keep checking with a fork as you don't want to over cook them. It takes about 25 mins in my oven. Again keep an eye on them. Cook until crispy

I thought you could have pitta as an hex?

no, if you look in your SW book it says 57g any wholemeal EXCEPT pitta. i thought the same about brie and just found out i have been counting it as my healthy A and its a whopping 4.5 syns for 28g

Quorn Swedish Style Balls with homemade tomato sauce (tin toms, garlic, basil & balsamic vinegar- liquidised) and pasta.

i used to par boil my chips/wedges, but i'm impatient, so now i cut my chips/potato wedges up and microwave them for 4-6 minutes then throw them in the oven - they only take 10-15 minutes that way :D

I just had my veg curry and rice but this time with nimble wholegrain. Was not as nice as with pitta but it was all freeeeeeee:)

Need to make another batch now:)

I just had my veg curry and rice but this time with nimble wholegrain. Was not as nice as with pitta but it was all freeeeeeee:)

Need to make another batch now:)

i wish pitta bread was a healthy extra :( ...i'd live on falafel!

Back