Simple words...

*angela*

Silver Member
Thought this would be an interesting thread to see what motivates you guys...

Does anyone have anything they tell themselves when they find they are struggling on a particular day or resisting temptation to eat something they shouldnt do.

Mine is something my C says at the weekly group and its straight to the point but I find myself saying it and it def works... simply - How much do you want to lose weight... my answer always is a hell of alot. Reminding myself of her saying that is a big help to keep me going :)

"What do I want more? This *insert naughty treat here*, or a really good weight loss this week.."

When our C is on hols the stand in at the end of class says 'remember everyone it's not treat night tonight':rolleyes: which I think is really good.

I always keep an eye on my syns & leave enough for a glass of wine on a Thursday (WI day) but if I'm wavering & think about having another I just think of her comments.

Otherwise I've don't think there are any simple words I say to myself.

If I look lustingly at something naughty my mum always says to me
"A moment on the lips, a lifetime on the hips"

Sticks in my head, along with the regulars.

But normally Im the same as princess_stevie and I think "Which do I want more?" I even went so far as to write "I want" on my hand.
"I want" that bag of crisps/slice of pizza/buttered toast or "I want" to loose weight on weigh in day.
Works for me.

NEVER AGAIN!

Now I've reached target the temptation to go "off the wagon" is huge, but that phrase reminds me that I have fat potential (Thanks Gail for the term) and will always have fat potential so I need to watch what I do- a Size 18? NEVER AGAIN. :)

The more the buts the bigger the BUTT!! :D

I don't have anything particular I say, other than that if I REALLY want x, y or z then I can have it - in half an hour. First off I have to do something to earn it, even if that 'earning' is waiting the 30 minutes!

The other thing that works is imagining the scenario where I have to tell my friend, who's taken on the role of 'diet enforcer' for me, that I've slipped. Actually this one probably works best, cos the thought of telling him normally has me vowing to keep my lips firmly closed against incoming bad foods! :8855:

I too have 'fat potential' and so I love that phrase ;)

The one thing our C does say, and I guess alot of others say it too, is that if you food optimise 100% you will lose weight. Throughout the week I do think about her saying that and that does help me keep on track.

My WW leader says something which can apply to any weight loss meeting: "Remember why you walked through those doors. There was a reason, whether that is to be healthier or be slim for a certain date etc."

I always think 'how guilty/bad/disappointed in myself will I feel after I've eaten this?' the answer is very, and that seems to work.
Also will I think it will have been worth it for the 2 minutes of pleasure (yes pleasure-its a proven fact you get pleasure form chocolate ha!). And the answer is generally no, its just not worth it.

Cocktail princess - I love that one :) Its very true!

Back