Simply Filling Recipe Photo Diary

How do you make your Kiev?

I LOVE that idea for a wedding cake! It looks so pretty :) you could even have them made to fit your colour scheme. I like the idea of cake too - gives people the choice, should they not like macaroons. Your family and fiancée are like ours - he is an only child so has a very small family and mine is massive! I really like the idea of the sign your friend made, it's very cute :)

That sucks that it's broken! I guess you shouldn't be walking on it at all? Will you take some time off work or will you just rest it as much as you can?? X

Oh and we'll done on the loss! :D

Has anyone been buying the Sunday mirror? I hate the paper but its at work and I've been stealing the free slimming world recipe books. These are two recipes from today's I intend to make:
image-4170549491.jpgimage-4243231542.jpg
SW uses many ingredients that are SF. Except cheese. I've always been very tempted to try slimming world but at the moment I think why change what is working.

Chicken Kiev recipe is here:
http://www.weightwatchers.co.uk/food/rcp/RecipePage.aspx?recipeid=7018422

I also can't remember how to make rice pudding. Is there a rice I could use that is free?

Last edited:
Thanks for the recipe :) and no I don't have a diary at the moment. Perhaps I'll start one...

Big well done on the 2lb loss, that's fab!

The macaroon idea is lovely, and I love the idea that you could colour coordinate it with everything.

How is the toe today? It sounds very very painful :(

It is painful! For my mind too! I was finally motivated again.

Have you not had a good day?

Not a bad day! But I lost all my motivation and drive. Since new year I've got back on track, I'm eating well, I'm back to fitness and gym. Now I feel like it has to stop so my toe can heal. I know I can carry on eating well! But I sometimes feel like I need both!

Yep I know what you mean BUT if you eat bad without the exercise, then you won't lose! Keep in the back of your mind your goal and try and stay focused. I know it must be difficult as you probably feel miserable because of your toe - buy imagine how you'd feel when your toe heals and you either haven't lost anything or worse, gained! xxx

Thanks for the encouragement. I really appreciate it.

I am going to make some of these at the weekend with some fat free yogurt. I might add some sweetener and puréed fruit. Frozen yogurt drops :)

Attachments

• image-3902163206.jpg
    image-3902163206.jpg
    197.8 KB · Views: 70
Another recipe I wanna try:

1 Tbsp olive oil
1 onion thinly sliced
aprox 200gm chicken breast cut into cubes
2 medium courgettes cut into strips (other veg can be added)
a good chunk of ginger
3 Tbsp harissa paste
1 tin of chickpeas
200gm cous cous
200ml hot chicken stock
handful chopped coriander chopped to serve

Attachments

• image-3583141935.jpg
    image-3583141935.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 71
How you feeling today??

I quite like the idea of the cauli pizza base... It looks pretty good in those pictures. X

I am also someone who tends to feel most focussed on my eating when I am exercising too but loads of people manage to lose weight really effectively without the exercise so there is no reason you can't be positive about what you can achieve with just diet while your toe heals.

The yogurt drops look so cute! I am a little sceptical about the cauliflower pizza idea, although I used to be sceptical about the "cauliflower rice" idea and that turned out to be seriously good. I sometimes do "pizza chicken" which is a flattened chicken breast with mozarella and pizza toppings baked in the oven. Seriously yummy and a good option on simply filling when the pizza craving hits, me for anyway.

Well I tried the yogurt drops. I used one pot of ww yogurt. They took 30mins to freeze.

Chicken pizza base. Interesting. I may try that.
If I try the cauliflower pizza I will let you know. I am also sceptical, I tried the smash pizza base which slimming world people do. It tasted awful.

Attachments

• image-1397200579.jpg
    image-1397200579.jpg
    526.6 KB · Views: 67
  • image-3915293933.jpg
    image-3915293933.jpg
    531 KB · Views: 66
Please help.

Now that my food is under control I am seeing a huge problem area. When I am alone like tonight (OH is out) I just eat so much. Like a big meal. Loads of snacks. Like right now I'm stuffed. I haven't actually been off plan which is good. But I had homemade SF fish pie and veg. Then made some homemade chips as I was hungry. I've had 3 yogurts, a banana, now I just had some porridge. It's only 7.

Why do I turn to food when I'm alone? I don't feel depressed.

I know how you feel, I often do that too. I know we always say this, but when you go to reach for more food, stop and remember why you're doing this. Maybe distract yourself by painting your nails, having a lovely hot bath... Something like that? My sister swears by brushing her teeth whenever she feels the urge to snack on something!

It's hard to make you feel better because I know when I feel like that, it's almost like I go into a self distruct mode. Is there something you could do to distract yourself? x

I empathise very much with eating when you are on your own. I used to think of it as my "treat" for being on my own, even though I actually quite enjoy spending time on my own. And I used to eat things because I felt I wanted them even if I wasn't hungry and had already eaten a big meal.

Mets advice about distracting yourself when you want to eat things you don't really need is very good. As is trying to be "conscious" about why you are chosing to eat. When you have evenings on your own what do you tend to do? Maybe its the case of the fact that you don't swap the company you are used to for any other activity. So planning on watching a film, reading a book, doing some knitting/ writing/ drawing or whatever you things you enjoy. These days when I know OH is going to be out I usually see it as a bit of a bonus as I don't have to feel guilty about abandoning him to go to the gym so make the most of it and spend longer than usual there.

Hope you are feeling ok. Don't beat yourself up about what you have eaten. Its pretty healthy foods and you are aware of them "trigger" for it and looking to try and work on it. It doesn't undo all the hard work you have put in for the rest of the week.

Hi hun, how are you doing? x

Back