Simply filling v slimming world

housie

I have done every diet going over the years and did weight watchers when u had little magnets for fats carbs and proteins. I have in the last couple of years done ww f@h and sw. I need to loose a few stone and cannot decide which way to go. Hate counting stuff so pro points is deffo not for me.
This is me, always have breakfast which is cereal or porridge due to time. Not a salad lover so prefer sandwiches and often travel for work so they are easier. Cook a meal every night so evenings are fine.

the way I see it, in the main the food lists are similar on both plans. The main differences which affect me from what i can see are sw if u want bread and cereals have to use one as syns, but you can have flavoured yogurts for free. On ww f@h I can have cereals and wraps/bread for sandwiches but cannot have flavoured yogurts. Also ww is brown rice and pasta but sw can use white, (I think).

Does anyone know of any other big differences and which have you found easier to maintain long term.
Thanks
Jan

Last edited:
I think slimming world took more planning when I tried it. Counting healthy extras and syns. If you want something simple then SF is easy to follow.

I like brown pasta and rice and noodles and cous cous. It doesn't cost extra.

It's all about personal preference but both seem to work!!!

I think slimming world has free ready meals. Simply filling doesn't and requires cooking from scratch.

But I like having the option of having a propoint day.

I'm glad someone else posted this. I did sf last year and absolutely loved it, it is just so versatile. I am planning on having another baby so decided to go to SW and while it's very similar to sf it is way more restrictive. The bread thing I find difficult, also not having the option to point on a day out is a nightmare. The good thing is that you have to include the super free foods which is a fantastic principal. My head is wrecked trying to decide what to do!

I've just quit slimming world because I was finding that I didn't want to go to meetings and would starve myself on weigh-in day until the evening session. I joined WW online today and am planning to do mostly simply filling/ filling & healthy days with a few points days where I fancy pizza, chocolate or ice cream! :) Also I can now weigh myself first thing in the morning on Mondays!

I might not bother with propoints and just count old-style points (60 calories = 1 point, 20 points per day) on points days- is this a bad plan?

I think the combination of a free foods list for some days and point-counting for indulgent days is a good plan! I think though if I really wanted I could exceed my calorie allowance by eating too much wholemeal bread, beans and noodles but let's hope not!

How is everyone else doing on this plan?

xx

I've been doing ww on and off for the last 4 years and I've never heard tell off this simply filling plan our leader never mentioned it to us. Is this like sw?? I tried sw last yr but didnt stick at it as i love my bread x

Its similar to sw in the sense that you don't weigh and measure everything. Instead you listen to your body and stop eating once you are full. Your meals should be made up of foods from the filling and healthy list, think they're high lightened in green in your food book. Then you use your weekly points for anything that isn't on the list. Plus you can alternate on a daily basis between pp and sf which is why I personally find it easier than sw. If you take a look at some of the diaries on here it should give you an idea.

Good luck,
Dan x

Could I do sw plan as its like this one and a pp day do you think? Would it work?

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back