Simply filling V SW

I've done SW before, and I'm just finishing my first week on SF.

I'll be honest, they're not the same. At all. People keep saying how similar they are, but aside from the 'unlimited' fruit they're totally different. The closest comparison is SF and the extra easy plan for SW, however on SW you have to have healthy extras from pre-determined lists. Nothing like that on SF.

On SW it's basically fruit/veg, pasta, rice and lean meats that are unlimited and it depends what plan you're doing as to which you can eat. On SF it's all of that (except brown rice/wholemeal pasta), plus things like bread (which I really missed on SW!).

Syns/PPs are different to - you can't save syns up for the weekend or nights out, or earn any extra - you have 5-15 a day, use em or lose em. PPs can be saved up for one huge blow out, plus you can earn extra if you really need to.

In terms of weight loss, well, for me it's too early to tell. I'll be honest, about 5 years ago I did SW and lost loads, kept it off for quite a while too (it's all back on and more now). I then did SW about 2 years ago and hardly lost anything. I think it was down to portion sizes though, I'm one of those people who eat whatever is put in front of them, my tummy doesn't really register it's full until I'm literally about to burst.

I find on WW that because you're limited daily by your points amount that you tend to have smaller portions, and I've noticed my appetite reduce as a result. SF is a little bit unnerving for me as it's back to the whole 'unlimited' thing (even though it isn't technically, I know), but I still find myself 'tracking' what I've eaten just out of curiosity compared to what I eat on a normal WW week. I'm meant to be on 31pp a day plus my 49 weeklies, and some day's I've had the equivalent of 19pp, other days I've had 37 (had a McD's though).

I WI tomorrow though, but I've definitely lost this week, which I'm chuffed about. :D

Back