Sinéad's Weight Loss Journey....

brien77

Gold Member
Hi,
My name is Sinead. I'm 36 and got married 3 months ago. I lost over 2.5 stone for my wedding and felt amazing on the day. I'm only 5 ft and had got down to 8.7.
I'm currently 9.12 (too much fun on honeymoon and settling into married life).
I was on a VLCD which consisted of shakes and soups etc but could not stick at it. I'm now doing Unislim (an Irish based programme) kinda like Simply Filling on Weight Watchers or Slimming World with your free food etc.
I will be weighing in every Friday morning and my aim is to get back to 8.7 although i will be happy if i get to 9.0.
I'm also trying for a baby so I'm hoping and praying (fingers crossed) i will be lucky. I've had an operation in Feb to unblock both my tubes so hopefully i wont have to wait too much longer for a positive result but as a newly married woman we are both having fun with the trying ;)
I will put up my food diary and hopefully this will help me stay on the straight and narrow.

Hi,
My name is Sinead. I'm 36 and got married 3 months ago. I lost over 2.5 stone for my wedding and felt amazing on the day. I'm only 5 ft and had got down to 8.7.
I'm currently 9.12 (too much fun on honeymoon and settling into married life).
I was on a VLCD which consisted of shakes and soups etc but could not stick at it. I'm now doing Unislim (an Irish based programme) kinda like Simply Filling on Weight Watchers or Slimming World with your free food etc.
I will be weighing in every Friday morning and my aim is to get back to 8.7 although i will be happy if i get to 9.0.
I'm also trying for a baby so I'm hoping and praying (fingers crossed) i will be lucky. I've had an operation in Feb to unblock both my tubes so hopefully i wont have to wait too much longer for a positive result but as a newly married woman we are both having fun with the trying ;)
I will put up my food diary and hopefully this will help me stay on the straight and narrow.

Hello Sinead :) Im here to subscribe! Your Stats are similar to mine, I am 4ft 11in and I rejoined WW in May after reaching 9 5 (Yikes!). I hope that you manage to get back to 8 7 :) Ill be here every step of the way! X

Here to subscribe. :)

Thanks ladies... well today has been a good day so far.
Breakfast: 45g porridge made with water and topped up with skimmed milk plus 4 strawberries on top. (1 FC + 1/2 yum)
Lunch: 1 Aldi Wholemeal Mediterranean Wrap, 1 Tbsp Lighter than light (LTN) Mayo, lettuce, spring onion, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, chicken pieces, 1 25g Low fat Red cheddar slice. (1 FC + 1 Yum)
2 Tbsp yogurt + plum. (any yogurts 60cals per 100g or less are free on the unislim plan)
I've also drank 3 litres of water plus NAS squash.
Dinner tonight will be my Unislim Chicken Curry that i made (basically chicken breasts, 3 tbsp curry powder plus 1 tsp each of the following garlic, ground cumin, turmeric, garam masala, corriander, 100mls chicken stock, 1 tin of mushy peas & i carton of passata plus 180g boiled rice cooked weight. (1 FC + 1/2 yum)
After Dinner: 1 meringue nest plus strawberries & clementine with 2 tbsp yogurt poured over. I use the Aldi Low Fat Peach & Nectarine Yogurt. (1 treat yum)
The unislim plan in a nutshell is as follows,
FF - forever free foods like veg, some fruit, skimmed milk, eggs, sugar free beans and pulses, lean meats, chicken & fish. You fill 3/4 of your plate with FF foods at meal times.
then you got your FC - Free to choose. These are low GI foods like wholewheat pasta, brown/basmatic rice, potatoes, breads, porridge, weetabix, noodles, couscous etc. At breakfast you have 30g FC and at lunch & dinner you have 60g but you dont need to weigh at lunch or dinner just have 1/4 of your plate. Your plate should ideally be a 9inch plate.
Then the rest is classed as yums.
I'm given 6 yums a day to use. 4 regular yums and 2 treat yums. You can carry your yums over.
so regular yums i spend on cheese, extra porridge, extra slice of bread, kiwi, bananas (you can only have 3 free bananas a week the rest you have to yum), jam.. and the treat yums i use on curly wurly's or other chocolate, crisps, red wine, beer, and meringue nests.

It might appear complicated but like any plan once you get in on it, its very easy.
Since ive just come off a VLCD (very low calorie diet) im expecting to be up on my friday weigh in but i will be okay with that as that is only my glycogen levels refilling.

So today i will have used 2 out of my 4 regular yums and 1 out of my 2 treat yums. I will also have another pint of water and squash with dinner later. I tend to eat dinner about 7.30 or 8pm. I finish work at 5 but im not normally home until about 6.20. I do a daily round trip of nearly 90 miles so exercise can be a bit hit and miss. I have a treadmill so i'm planning on dusting that down and getting on it.
Sorry for the long essay :) hope ye are having a good evening x

Yeah I do a savage amount of mileage in a week just going to work and back.! Just back from a little walk. Its a mile to entrance of estate and back. Thought if I did that for starters it would be ok. Just gonna watch the rose of tralee until 9 pm then switch over for the big brother final..

Yeah I do a savage amount of mileage in a week just going to work and back.! Just back from a little walk. Its a mile to entrance of estate and back. Thought if I did that for starters it would be ok. Just gonna watch the rose of tralee until 9 pm then switch over for the big brother final..

Oh it the final is it?? Can't wait for celeb BB. :)
Yea I started walking again tonight too. Just around the block. About 20 or so mins. Just to get started. Stupid dog dragged me the whole way. Fecker!!!

Yeah I love big brother so looking forward to the celebrity one as well. Stringer must be huge by now. Do u think he will be jealous of the baby?

Yeah I love big brother so looking forward to the celebrity one as well. Stringer must be huge by now. Do u think he will be jealous of the baby?

Nope coz he'll be gone by then!! :(
He's too giddy n hyper to be trusted around a baby. I kno he'd never bite r anything but he gets so hyper when he see's kids.
Also he goes from being house trained to weeing everywhere. Then he eats his poo... It's just not good to have around baby so he's got to go ;(

I love Charlotte from Geordie Shore n she's meant to be in it. So dying to see her :)
Defo gona do a bookies bet for her to win

Yeah I think its the same. Its Fab. Oh poor stringer, its so upsetting when u got to say goodbye. Oh and I love Charlotte too :)

Yeah I think its the same. Its Fab. Oh poor stringer, its so upsetting when u got to say goodbye. Oh and I love Charlotte too :)

I know. Am dreading it n putting off n off. It'll be heartbreaking coz he's a good dog. Most of the time .....
But saying that .. We've not had the time to give him the attention or walks that a dog his size needs. So it's for benefit too...

Omg he is huge, I rem when he was just a baby puppy. He's so cute :)

Ah he's not really that big. Looks like he is in the close up. He's prob about as tall as a sheep dog... Which for a German shepherd is quite small

Back