Single and slimming!!

LeaV

Morning all :)
I restarted Cambridge yesterday. I have done the diet in the past and LOVED it but unfortunately as the weight started coming off and I felt so fantastic, I was going out more and more, drinking and eating rubbish.....so the weight quickly crept back on. Since then I have calorie counted and tried slimming world but the results just aren't quick enough for me.

Last October I turned 30....I realised once and for all my life wasn't going according to plan. I decided a big change was needed and I cancelled my weddin to my fiancé. We had been together six years. The pain and loss this caused worked towards even more weight gain for myself to the point I feel uncomfortable leaving the house in case anyone sees me as they will know in an instant that I've gained a lot.

I work with people with learning disabilities and mental illness.....they have no problem telling people the truth and so I'm constantly being asked how come I've put so much weight on....am I pregnant....did my man dump me cos I'm fat.

So here I am again, hoping that this time is the last time and I won't have to worry about it any more.

Today is day 2 and I'm feeling positive and confident. Day 5 is always my worst struggle day before ketosis so I'm not looking forward to that but I know once I'm past that the days get easier and my waist gets smaller.

So anyways, thanks for stopping by....and if nobody does stop by, that's ok cos this diary is to help myself as well as hopefully inspiring others as my weight falls off.

I should probably have said at the beginning I would like to lose 5 stones....it's a lot! But one day at a time and I KNOW it is possible xx

Good luck everyone xx

I should also point out that my profile picture is of me at my happiest weight so far.....my first attempt at Cambridge, and 2.5 stones lighter than I am now. I just have to keep remembering I could probably look like that again in a month if I stick to this :) x

Hey me and u started together yaaay

Just stick at it hun n you'll be back to ure ideal weight in no time

I find if u have low self esteem (ESP due to weight) then that's a good thing because u can do sumthin about it and feel good again

Here's to pound shedding

That sounded bad me saying its good to have low self esteem - what I meant was that weight is sumthin which is controllable - it's not an issue which we can't fix

Haha yeah I know what you mean :)
Yep it gets to a point when my self esteem is so low it really gives me the push I need!
Just been dancing and singing in the shower!! Cos I know that even though I'm hungry now, life is going to get better and I have taken the first step :)

Good luck! We can do this! Xx

Hey LeaV -sounds similar to me - I turned 30 last November and lost 3 stone on CWP for my party. Since then I have gained 1 stone 8lbs back so I'm back here for another go. Yesterday was my first day also so day 2 for me!

I am feeling quite positive today as well! I hate how I look at the moment but I know that it will get better!

Yesterday was day 2 and I found the diet fine, but the day hard. I really missed my ex like crazy and was in tears all day.....so that led my friend to be really worried about me and decide that I had to come for lunch with her today.....her treat! I made bad choices and didn't eat the RIGHT things, but I ate a lot less than I usually would and now I'm getting ready to burn it all off by going for a run. I know I was silly but I feel I'm more in control and know I can start again tomorrow.

Silly silly food and silly silly exes :-(

Hope everyone else is doing well! Xx

Started with cambridge today, trying to feel positive but my mum says starving myself and it won't work etc etc. any suggestions to help ignore the negativity and stay focused. I've 3 stone to loose and really want this diet to work for me x

You have to ignore the negativity. This diet works and I am in week 5 now and have lost 24 lbs.
There is now way you won't lose weight if you stick to it. You're not starving yourself you are changing your body owner from burning carbs and food to finding another food source (fat stores). I have plenty so my body if def not starving. That's why you have to be BMI 25 plus a stone to do SS so your body has food stores!
The only time this diet doesn't work is if you don't stick to it, or if when at target you return to eating the same as before . It has to be a change for life.
Your results will speak for themselves so just smile and nod for now ;)

Week 1 -9 1/4 lb
Week 2 -4 3/4 lb
Week 3 -3 lb
Week 4 -4lb

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins.com mobile app

I must admit, the negativity from others has made me give in in the past....so many people saying its not healthy and "you will put it straight back on...." And then they try and feed you up!
They won't be saying that when the weight starts to drop off tho, it will be more like "what's your consultants number....?!"

I keep it a secret from people who don't need to know, but usually the ones who matter will support you :)

Good luck! Xx

Think the saying is something like "the ones who mind don't matter And the ones who matter don't mind"

Keep going xx

Hiya :) ive tried to keep the diet a secret but its hard work when people are inviting you out to eat or drink. Ive told the people that matter and they dont mind waiting for a few weeks for me, they are the ones proving themselves to be real friends and their support is amazing. This diet really sorts out the good friends from the bad lol. Your right leaV "the ones who mind dont matter and the ones who matter dont mind" 100% true for this diet xxx

Aw I've totally gone off the rails!! X help!!!! X

Hey leav, hope your ok? Just draw a line under the past few days and get back on the diet! If you need a buddy send me a message :) xx

Hey leav, hope your ok? Just draw a line under the past few days and get back on the diet! If you need a buddy send me a message :) xx

Thank you so much! I completely went off the rails! Need to completely start again now! Xx

Back