Single parents

Emm28

Silver Member
Im a single mum to 3 kids, aged 12.8.2 years, now cooking their tea is when i struggle, how do you cope when cooking your kids tea ???

when im cooking i cook it quickly and then go upstairs watch tv or bring the laptop and come on here. Not anymore though you will get used to it. I let himself clear the stuff away. Leave it a few mins then clear all the left overs in the bin :)

I see you have a 2yo that might be tough leaving the table with the young one. Just keep strong and remember why your doing it. think about your 1st wi and how well your going to do :)

Hiya

I find it very hard. Its got easier though as weeks have gone on. I love toast though and making my son toast is a killer! But he cant go without cos of me. Its very hard.

You will find as the days go on you start to not notice it. I know you wont imagine it now but its true.

Good luck xx

Its really difficult - i have 2 under 3s so i really need to be at the table with them encouraging them to eat & not throw the food all round the place. At the start i used to have some ironing on the go while i cooked to keep me occupied but its ok now & i've got used with it. While they have their dinner i sit down with them & have a cuppa. The hardest part is when my one & a half year old wants to feed me :rolleyes: There's been more than one occasion when i've had to let him put food in my mouth then on the sly i take it out again lol. All leftovers have to go straight in the bin too - they're just too tempting to sit about!
It does get easier though, good luck x

Hi Emm,

This is where i found sugar free gum really useful as i wasnt tempted to eat when i had something minty in my mouth! I know we are not supposed to, but if it stops you picking.....;)

Back