Siobhan's Atkins weight loss Journey

Ah ladies thank you so much. Yes I am pretty chuffed with the change. I didn't realise that a) I had gotten so big and b) that I'd even changed that much!! Xx

OMG what a difference Siobhan! You're a real inspiration - thanks for sharing those pics and SO glad you saw a loss straight after.

S x

OMG what a difference Siobhan! You're a real inspiration - thanks for sharing those pics and SO glad you saw a loss straight after.

S x

Thank you so much hun. x

Hi im new, just gave up yesterday/today but feel rubbish full of carbs. Just got dispondant but i think i hadnt given it time as just looked at yr food n im eating roughly the same, so bk on wagon. Do u eat matterson pork saus n pork scratchings?
Well dne so far

Heartmom, Yep pork scratchings, matteson sausage, pepperami. Not all the time tho.

How long have you been doing it? Try and eat as simple as u can for a bit...meat and veg with 'legal' snacks if u need them. Just until u get ur momentum going. I'm always here so if u need any support or chit chat...just come on in. ☺

I'm feeling so sick right now, I've had gastroenteritis for the past 4 days and can hardly keep a thing down including water. Yet, I feel so bloated and sore....I guess I would as im probably dehydrated? Not been weighing since last weight logged. Blah. Hope everyone else is getting on well? Xxx

Eugh, it's rubbish to get that sick Siobhan and four days is horrendously long - hope you recover soon. Keep drinking plenty.

I've had a lost weekend of carb excess - partially planned then went completely off the rails! Anyway - back on track tomorrow.

Wow' just reading your diary and what an inspiration. I'm restarting atkins after gaining a stone of my 2 stone loss. I'm currently weighing in at 16st 3 and it's so inspiring go see that you have done it...... I dream on getting to 199lbs but I will this time!!! Xx

Wow' just reading your diary and what an inspiration. I'm restarting atkins after gaining a stone of my 2 stone loss. I'm currently weighing in at 16st 3 and it's so inspiring go see that you have done it...... I dream on getting to 199lbs but I will this time!!! Xx

U can do it kimmi! I've kinda lost my mojo a little - so I am in need of a kick up the backside! I need to get back into that groove. All of Feb I have been a bit 'looser' with carbs and not counting them or restricting them as much and I have managed to maintain my weight. I am pleased with that, but I really need to be losing. I want at least another stone gone by 12 April as that's my 30th birthday! Today's weight :199.6 - too close to 200 for my liking. Lol.

We can motivate each other to keep on track if u like and to be accountable to lol
.... I feel like I need that! Haha.

You've got this, get back on it and the weight will start coming off before u know it! Xx

Thanks, I really need to do it this time and having muddled along with lots of other diets I've realised that this is the only diet that works for me!!

You've done brilliant to maintain and stay in the 1's!!! I too am aiming for middle of April and hoping for 1stone 4 lbs just to get me into the 14s. I haven't been there for some time!! We are off to Thailand for a belated honeymoon and none of my summer stuff fits :-( ..... But it will!!!

Have a good week!! :)

I am still here and I am still on plan. I've had such a busy time lately as the boys have been unwell. I swear they've been ill since September! Just with the odd week feeling better.

Anyway, In terms of eating, I have been on plan but have probably overdone the wine. Hey Ho.
So been back on for 3 days strict - I crept back to 202.8 and weighing this morning at: 201. It's heading back down and thats the main thing.

Hi well done on getting back on the plan. So hard not to drink the wine.

You look Gorgeous!

I can't wait to reach so much change!

Aw thanks clouddog. That's very kind of you. It really is a lovely feeling when someone says how much you've changed! I get family members telling me how fascinated they are when they see me - they're so excited with me for the rest of my journey!

Good luck hunny. You can do it!! Xx

Thanks Siobhan...

I know i can do it , i'm so impatient though! I guess it's cool because it will just be a long time with lots of little victories, just a shame I'll never feel thin enough I don't think anyway - i never felt thin enough!

Such a good read!! You have done amazing, you look stunning!! Well done!!

I've been on Atkins 10 days now and can't believe how much I am enjoying it!! Can't wait to get results like you!! Xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

Clouddog, I totally get you. I'm the same...I am 39lbs down...and have my 'slim' days....but overall, I don't feel much different than I did before. But when I reflect, I realise I do feel more comfortable, physically and socially. I've noticed people at work who haven't said more than 2 words to me before have started including me in convos..(Maybe its psychological...and its actually just me feeling more confident to join in lol)

I don't have bloat and my jeans no longer dig in. My tops don't cling to me in all the wrong places...and I get lots of compliments on my outfits now. I guess I must be doing the outfits justice lmao!

MissThomas, Thank you so much, I really appreciate that!
How are you getting on? Atkins really doesn't feel like a diet at all, my husband and I are both still really enjoying it 6.5mths later.

The changes were quite gradual for me then....bam - I looked different all of a sudden and my jeans were too big lol. So don't worry if you don't see changes right away, itll come!! xxx

So, after ages of not losing (I slacked and gained a few lbs - crept back to 202.8!) I am back down to 198.4 so pretty chuffed with that! 38.6lbs lost in 6 months is still nothing to complain about!!

B: Pepperoni slices with cheese + a few cucumber sticks
L: Omelette - cheese bacon and spinach
D: Tesco finest sausages with plenty of veggies

Pretty boring day food wise but it does the job.

Have a lovely day everyone!

Back