Siobhan's Atkins weight loss Journey

I'm finding it okay, I seem to be eating the same things over and over already so going to look for some meal inspiration, I'm having cabbage with cream and bacon almost daily!!

I lost 4lb my first week which is ideal for me because if I don't see a change then I usually give up.

Had a few wines yesterday which I'm a bit gutted about and resulted in me being hungover all day in the office but I stuck to my meals I had planned and I made it without needing any stodge so sort me out. Weigh in tomorrow so we will see if it caused much damage.

Glad to see you back in the 1's! Xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

Well done on the 4lb loss in your first week! How did Tuesdays weigh in go hun?

Since being more focused, my weight has started to come off again. Weighing 197 today
I have officially lost 40lbs - another 29lbs to target.

Morning :)

Lost 3.5lb Tuesday so 7.5lbs in two weeks on Atkins, I can't believe it! I think that's 1stone 4lbs since New year!

Really need some food inspo though, seem to be eating the same things. Trying to find some regular posters on *********.

Do you have any tips of knowing if I'm in ketosis? See everyone saying if they are or not and I'm baffled!!

40lbs!! That's insane!! You've lost a car tyre and a dining chair!!

ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1426761541.966589.jpg

Lmao! That's amazing. Thanks for that comparison!

Wow, 7.5lbs off in 2 weeks is fantastic!

RE ketosis, as long as you are staying within the low carb if under 50g a day, after a few days u should be in ketosis. U will notice ur appetite is reduced a lot. U can also use ketostix to see if u are in ketosis.

Argh, I am so so close to my 3 stone lost. I am nearly 13 something!!
I want to weigh 195 or less on Tuesday morning. I've been so focused and its so nice to see the weight is starting to come off again.

Dinner tonight when I get home from work will be - buffalo chicken with green beans and garlic.

I definitely think you will hit 195 this week! I've read a lot of people stay the same week 3 and 4 so I'm not looking forward to my weigh in this week x

:) sure you will do it! Buffalo chicken sounds good... How do you make that? I'm having a go at pork belly slices tonight. P x

Franks red hot buffalo wings sauce from tesco. Add butter to it and warm in a pan. Pour over chicken. Yum.

Pork belly one of my faves x

So this morning, despite being TOM I jumped on the scales and discovered I am officially into (just) the 13's at 195.4lbs

I just cannot believe I started this journey at 1lb off 17st and can now say I am In the 13's.

After such a bad week - finiding out I'll be redundant by the end of May The Sun is shining - today's a good day.

Have a lovely day everyone! Xxx

Last edited:
Thank you coffeelover! I'm getting there with it, I'm certainly not dreading the summer months as much as usual lol.

Well done! I bet that is a boost. Sorry to hear about work :-( I'm also being made redundant this year (tho not until July) it's a stressful time. Good luck with the job hunt x

Thanks pixi. Im sorry to hear youre going through the same. It's rubbish isn't it?! I've been there 9 years and they've been so good to me in terms of hours so I can work my hours round my husbands due to our little ones - now I'm struggling to find hours to work for us, plus I can't find anything that pays anywhere as near so it is quite stressful. Good luck with your job hunting too hun. Xx

Thank missthomas - that's such a boost when put like that! Just what I needed! Thank you. Xx

I stayed the same this week. Exactly the same... To the ounce... Better than a gain but so annoying when I have been 100%.

Missthomas, sit tight...I know it's disheartening - but I bet next week you'll see a nice big loss. Do u weigh once a week? X

So I went to my local supermarket today (haven't been there for a while as usually online shop!) And one of the ladies we always chat to that works there walked past me and said hi to my husband and son. She said she was just about to ask hubby where I was this eve when she realised that it was me. She said she hardly recognised me as I'd lost a lot of weight. Bless her, she totally made my week!!! X

I've been AWOL and done some serious damage, I'm back in the 13's :(

Starting with a personal trainer tomorrow so think I will start a diary too.

I bet if felt amazing!! My boyfriend goes away next week for 8 weeks so I'm aiming for a big change for when he comes home x

Back