Six month challenge anyone?

Lost 2lbs this week which I am mega happy with! Still looking a bit dicey for my target so got to keep on it and try harder to lose more each week.

Hope everyone has a lovely Easter weekend xxx

Missy1978 3st (2st 4lbs to go)
Oabaab 3.5 st (3st 6.5lb to go)
Pastagirl 2 st (1st 12lb to go)
louise1982 2.11st (2st to go)
treenire 2st (2st to go)
Flabtofit 2st (1st 6lb to go) lost 8lb
MissLX 3st ( 2st 3.5lb to go)
Mandlegrot 1 stone 9lbs (0lbs lost, 23 to go)
MrsQuadkon 3st (2st 4.5lbs to go)
Need 2 Diet 2st (2st to go)
Oey 3st (2st 10lbs to go)
LauraO 4st 7lbs (3st 11lbs to go)
3106catherine 3st 1lb (2st 8lb to go) lost 7lb/2 weeks
Hutchie 2st (1st 12lbs to go)
Indigoviolet (3st to go)
Madmuppet 3st 7lb (2st 0lb down 1st 7lb to go)
LottieBird 2st (2st to go)
Stevie.j 3st (2st 8.5lb to go)
Blondegem 2st 7lbs (31.5lbs to go)
Ticktock 3st (2st 8.5lb to go)
Ruthiehammers 3st 11lb (3st 3.5 to go)
TootyFrooty 4st (4st to go)
Fatty241 4st (4st to go)
StarGir1 3st 0lbs (2st 2.0lbs/30lbs to go)
sunlightbub 3st 1lb ( 2st 0.5lb to go)
Lass321 45 lbs (12 lbs down 33 lbs to go)
Jodidi 5st 5lb (5st 5lb to go)
Gbebikan 3st 6.5lb (3st 6.5lb to go)
notayummymummy 3st 6lb (3.5lbs down, 3st 2.5lb to go)
Princesssparkle 63 lbs (10lbs down 53 to go)

Ergh long time no see, I've had an awful month. I think I will restart this as losing what i planned will just be impossible now, I think 23lbs would be more realistic across the remaining 5 months.

Welcome back - am I right in thinking you've been on holiday? Hope all is well - good luck with the challenge! x

Happy Easter everyone - forgot to update earlier in the week. I lost 1.5lb which means I've hit 2 stone award - yay! I've been off work this week and last for the hols and a bit out of routine..trying to maintain this week.

treenire 2st (2st to go)
Indigoviolet (3st to go)
Fatty241 4st (4st to go)
sunlightbub 3st 1lb ( 1st 13lb to go)
Lass321 45 lbs (12 lbs down 33 lbs to go)
Princesssparkle 63 lbs (10lbs down 53 to go)[/QUOTE]

Congratulations on the losses this week everyone :D

Every pound off is that step closer to target and longer healthier lives for all of us x

Well done for all the losses! 2.4 down for me this week :)

treenire 2st (2st to go)
Indigoviolet (3st to go)
Fatty241 4st (4st to go)
sunlightbub 3st 1lb ( 1st 13lb to go)
Lass321 45 lbs (14.4 lbs down 30.6 lbs to go)
Princesssparkle 63 lbs (10lbs down 53 to go)

Welcome back - am I right in thinking you've been on holiday? Hope all is well - good luck with the challenge! x

Oh yes I went away to India for a little while, then to scotland straight after which is where the damage was actually done - I think I'd actually lost in India but 4 days in scotland severely jetlagged at a festival is not the one for weight loss. I drank, and ate bread and crisps as it was all I could find in the shop. but back on it now :)

Well the main thing is that you've had a great time - but I bet you'll have a monster loss now you're back on it! Good luck for WI this week :)

Ha ha the good old healthy Scottish diet, Irn Bru, chips and a Mars Bar (deep fried of course) you gotta love it - lol. :)

That's the annoying thing - I hate deep fried stuff so avoid it, don't eat chocolate and chips are well overrated (and fried in animal fats - yuck) so it wasn't exactly anything particularly bad, but I think eating bread all weekend with hummous and crisps (all i could find in the shop that was vegan!) plus drinking buckfast (now theres a proper scottish drink hahaha) and a bit of irn bru too ;) Am back off up to scotland again in 2 weeks, but i'm taking my campervan this time so will be cooking on my stove. i am going to try and stick to plan all weekend of the festival, which will be a first! But must try harder :)

Well the main thing is that you've had a great time - but I bet you'll have a monster loss now you're back on it! Good luck for WI this week :)

Oh yes, India was amazing thanks :) I've never had a big loss really, nowt more than 2lbs or so except for first weeks...but it might shock my body after being off plan for a month or so! I would be very happy with 2lbs off as this puts me on track for my April target, but a little more wouldn't go amiss so I could relax. I feel like I've lost already as my belly was huge last week!! Fingers crossed eh?

How you getting on with your losses - I'm gonna flick though your diary to try and catch up :)

Hopefully it will be mainly water weight and come straight back off!

Yes I've heard of this mystical water weight - how does it work though? I drink a lot so don't retain water as far as I know...hands up, I ate awful stodgy foods last 2 weeks before weigh in so it might just be fat :( But I am intrigued as I have seen in group and on here, people having a blip, gaining, then losing it all the next week so fingers crossed :)

Water weight doesn't really correspond to how much you drink funnily enough. When you need to expend energy your body uses its stores of glycogen first which is stored combined with a lot of fluid, it's a sort of easy access energy source. So once the store is used up if you have a calorie deficit they are not replaced and your body moves on to the adipose tissue (fat). When you eat normally your body maintains a glycogen store for easy access when you need energy quickly, stored combined with water. When you diet it doesn't. When you have less glycogen there is less fluid, and less water weight. This is why we tend to lose more in the first few days of our diet - it's not fat but mainly fluid :).

Ah wow, interesting stuff :) Why is this not stored with water when you diet then - is it only done when eating certain foods like fatty stuff? Does it not effect your energy levels when exercising when on a diet?

I always thought water weight was when you were dehydrated and your body keeps hold of fluids. As someone who drinks liters and liters of water a day plus tea/coffee its never been of any concern to me. It seems a lot of people believe its worse during TOTM too which I don't suffer from thankfully, but I'm now wondering if water has been something that has effected my losses on weeks where it just hasn't added up.

I always thought water weight was when you were dehydrated and your body keeps hold of fluids. As someone who drinks liters and liters of water a day plus tea/coffee its never been of any concern to me. It seems a lot of people believe its worse during TOTM too which I don't suffer from thankfully, but I'm now wondering if water has been something that has effected my losses on weeks where it just hasn't added up.

It will get worse at your totm due to your body needing the extra energy store to repair itself.

The water thing can be very confusing. It's not really about water retention, that is more of a medical condition. The water stored with the glycogen should be there. It helps make it easy to access when you need energy. The main thing is do drink plenty of water. You will NOT retain water by drinking too much unless you are drinking FAR too much - and that is very hard to do in normal circumstances - it is more likely to happen if you drink too little. I like to think of glycogen as easy access energy - a bit like easy access money you keep in your purse. Once its gone it has to be replaced before you can spend more. If you need to spend more than you have in the purse you need to go to the bank and take some out (or go to the fat stores and take some out). If you do not need to spend any more you can wait until you've earned more to replace the money in your purse (or eaten more to replace the glycogen store)

Ah wicked. No need for me to worry then, no TOTM and I drink loads of water! My weight loss is much more consistent than 'normal' women my age ie people that have TOTM, but they seem to lose more overall, probably water weight from TOTM which gains then flies off the next week!

Back