ProPoints Six weeks to holiday and counting!

indiebabe

Hi all.

I followed ww earlier this year and lost 1 stone, but just sort I'd started maintaining in august as we had a lot on.l and have not got motivated again since.

I have put on 3lb and am just starting to feel abit tubby again so need to get back on it, my target weight is 9.7 so I'm still about 12lbs off that!

My main problem is an evening, and especially when my boyfriend is home. E loves ice cream and cake and hates to see me 'miss out' and not eat when he is and I don't take much persuading! So as of today I'm getting back on the ww plan - we go to New York in 6 weeks and I'd love to be 6lbs lighter by then, just so that my jeans fit a little looser!

So far today I have had

30g ready brek made with water and a tsp sugar (4pp)

I don't know how good I'll be at logging food on here (I have the ww app so log ny food diary there)but I will certainly be using this to offload my emotions and frustrations!

I look forward to getting to know some of you as I shrink a little!

Claire x x

Ok well day 4 and I snuck on the scales this morning, looks like I'm 1lb down! Yay! If I can keep it off until my weigh in day on Friday I'll be really happy, just feels like I'm achieving something now!

I wore a black dress of mine today to a big work meeting that I hadn't fitted into for a number of years! I felt really good and slim in it and got loads of compliments! I do find though that sometimes that's a bad thing for my motivation, does anyone know what I mean? It's like when I feel good about myself and people tell me I've lost weight it stops me from trying to diet coz I think 'I look fab as I am!' it's only when I get home and get into my undies in front of the mirror that I remember just how unhappy I am with my figure and why I'm doing this.

I guess it's always hard once you get close to goal weight though. I had a good motivator yesterday, I'm bridesmaid for my best friend next year, there will be 5 of us and 3 are a size 10, one is in a 12 but is dieting and losing weight on slimming world and is aiming to be in a 10 for the wedding...which leaves me! I'm in a 10/12 now and so I'd like to think it's realistic that I could be in a 10 for the wedding in June, but I'm scared about the dress fittings in the lead up to it. The first dress fitting is in 7 weeks, the week after I get home from New York and I really want to feel good for it! I just don't want to feel like the one with the wrong bodyshape or who can't zip up the dress, its so silly to be worrying about those things rather than my health etc, but I do feel that that's what motivates me to try! And so that's what I will do - prawn curry & rice for dinner I think...8 points! Lovely!

Claire x x

Hey just stopping by! Bet your chuffed about your dress! Well done! Can I ask where you are staying in new York?really want to book something up! Went years ago with on a uni trip so hotel was awful and want something a bit better with OH! Think of all the shopping!

Yeah really pleased about the dress, it's those little things that keep me motivated I guess!

No of course I don't mind you asking, we're staying at the Waldorf Astoria on Park Avenue, we got a really good deal there with Thomas Cook. The comments on trip advisor are that it's living off it's former glory and is starting to look pretty shabby, however just for the location we could not have got a better deal anywhere (I looked!) and there is something nice about thinking we're staying at the Waldorf, even if it's not quite the place it once was!

Well I have stuck to plan 100% for for days so fingers crossed it'll show on the scales tomorrow, I did 'officially' start dieting again last friday but I admittedly went abit off track at the weekend so if I haven't lost tomorrow it won't be that surprising - I'm in the right frame of mind now though, just got to keep it! x x

Omg wow I'm sure it will be lovely still! My grandparents stayed there a few years ago and loved it! Well done for staying on plan! Ooh I'm off to look at prices now I want to go!!!

Well I hope you find it a good price, just to give you an idea, we're paying £800 each for a four night stay there in November and flying with BA so make sure you don't pay over the odds! :)

Another 100% day, I find Thursdays really hard coz I have college in an evening after work and so by the time I get home I'm starving and end up picking up a takeaway. Planned my eating better today though so hoping it shows on the scales tomorrow!

Well I hope you find something! :)

Weigh in this morning and i'm 10st 3.5lb, that's a 2.5lb loss this week!! So pleased with that, I know most of it's prob water etc but I'm still really pleased...I want to be 10 stone by the time we fly to NYC (in fact I'd love to be 9st 13 but I'm not going to be greedy!) which gives me 5 weeks to lose 3.5lbs, my weight loss is often slow but I'm really hoping that's an achievable amount!

Just need to make sure I'm pointing every tiny thing that goes in my mouth and I should be ok!

Back