Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by cherylxx, 7 April 2011 Social URL.

1. cherylxx

cherylxx Silver Member

CD sole source
    hey guys n gals.

i have been sitting here for the last few hours trying to work out what size i could be by a) my birthday at the end of june and b) my sisters wedding at beginning of october (where i am bridesmaid).
    at the moment i am a size 26.
    i have heard people say that u should drop a dress size for every stone u lose. however, i have now lost 2 stones and havent yet dropped a dress size ( although my clothes are feeling looser ).
    the thing is, i was sitting here wondering when i was last a size 18 ( a kind of mini goal of mine) and it got me thinking... i have no idea when i was a size 18. i know at age 16 i was a size 16 so i guess i was an 18 at around age 18, which was when i fell pregnant with my son and would make sense as i gained a lot of weight since then.
    then i wondered about my favourite purple velour dress which has been put away for a long long time and wondered how long it would take until i can get into it again.
    i thought since i wore it about 15 years ago it was around a size 20.... so i dug it out to hang up so i could aim to get into it and was gobsmacked to find it is a 26 and so fits me right now.
    this means i am the same size now as i was 15 years ago.... although i feel twice the size in all honesty.
    saying that , ive always said i reckon i was born morbidly obese. :eek:
    so, the question is if i am a size 26 now and i aim for 1- 1.5 stones a month weight loss, what size could i be by a)end of june and b)beginning of october.
    sorry for the ramblings but i feel like even when ive lost 8 stone i will still be the same dress size. :rolleyes:
  2. Avatar Matched Content

3. Layano

Layano Full Member

By June u might be size 22 and by October size 16. Hopefully.

I started late February almost one month I only lost one dress size as I started size 22.

By June I wish to reach 18 and 12 by october 2011:) hopefully
  4. Felix

Felix Gold Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Slim & Save
    It took me 2 stone-2.5 stone to go down a size :( everyone is different though!
  5. Setas

Setas Silver Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    It took me the first 4 stone to lose 1 size - but maybe I wan't being honest with myself before I started ;-, but now I am going down a size every 10lbs ..
  6. loveablemonkey

loveablemonkey Full Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Well this will only help if you're the same height as me!....I am 5'6, 14st 5 and I am a size 16.

When I was 17st 3 I was a 20, so if you calculate losing on average 1 stone a month maybe you can work it out that way? If you could get to 17st by then and then you could be a size 20, 15-16 stone, an 18, and 14-15 stone, a size 16 - but again, completely depends on your height! And bodies are made up differently as well, but more or less I think I'm fairly average with my size/weight ratio!
Popular Forums
  1. is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.