Sizzler pubs....help

jack_83

Please help,

I joined SW last Thurs and im trying my best to stick to my syns. Ive worked out ive got about 7syns left each day until Thurs (i use majority of syns on the weekend) and i dont want to go over within my first week.

Im going to a sizzler pub tomorrow night wi some friends for a pub quiz but ive just looked on their menu and there doesnt seem to be anythng on there thats quite low in syns.

Can anyone help????

Thank you

jack_83 said:
Please help,

I joined SW last Thurs and im trying my best to stick to my syns. Ive worked out ive got about 7syns left each day until Thurs (i use majority of syns on the weekend) and i dont want to go over within my first week.

Im going to a sizzler pub tomorrow night wi some friends for a pub quiz but ive just looked on their menu and there doesnt seem to be anythng on there thats quite low in syns.

Can anyone help????

Thank you

Sorry I don't know sizzler pubs but if you look on the sub forum 'Eating Out' it may be on there...I'd give you the link but on my phone.

Do they not have steaks, gammon or salads? X

I can't seem to find sizzler pubs, do you mean sizzling pubs? Either way most pubs have a few things on menu you could have. Jacket potato or new potato, rice, pasta etc, grilled chicken, steak, salad, vegetables

If you stick to that kind of thing then just syn the fact its cooked in oil, you will be fine. 6 syns per tbsp of oil

Have a look through the eating out forum, though i could not find a sizzler list

Hope that helps xx

I go to a sizzling pub every Tuesday with friends, I usually go for steak and swap my chips for jacket potato. I drink lime and soda - its only 30p a glass :)

If it is sizzling pubs, looked at the menu and they have chargrilled chicken breast. It is served with chips and tomato but if you ask nicely they may just swap it for a jacket and side salad. I do it all the time in pubs and usually most are quite happy to accomodate :D

I find gammon and egg a good option, you could ask if you could swap chips for a baked potato, they do seasonal veg as a side for your 1/3 superfree. Your chips on their own could be in the region of 9.5 syns per 100g if you wanted to stick with them.

The fish and parsley sauce (does the parsley sauce have butter in it?)doesn't look too bad an option - your mash would be about 1.5 syns per 100g

Pork meatballs in tomato sauce and with pasta won't be that bad syn-wise either if it's 100% pork meatballs. If it's sausage based it may well be higher.

there's a quorn 3 bean chilli that may be ok (it depends what they put in their sauce, if it's tomato based it's usually low)- but i wouldn't eat the tortilla chips/sour cream.

It's worth asking the staff what precisely is in your food. But I hope that gives you some ideas. Hope you have a nice night x

The fish and parsley sauce (does the parsley sauce have butter in it?)doesn't look too bad an option - your mash would be about 1.5 syns per 100g

Pork meatballs in tomato sauce and with pasta won't be that bad syn-wise either if it's 100% pork meatballs. If it's sausage based it may well be higher.
x

I would imagine the parsley sauce will have flour/butter/cream in. Avoid.
The pork will also be full fat mince, they dont use low fat varieties in catering :D

Id go with the ideas above, grilled meat (gammon/chicken/steak, any fat removed) an d ask for jacket potato instead of chips (no butter), have it with veg/salad. :)

We used to go to Sizzling pubs quite often - I always had steak with salad. Or gammon and a jacket potato. Not a lot to choose from if you're on a Green day, and the side salads aren't really 1/3 so maybe go red and HEXB the jacket?

peas might be superspeed but not superFREE, so if it was used as a EE day that meal has no superfree on it.

they are free, but not superfree :)

On EE 1/3 of your plate for every meal should be superfree, superfree foods are only those fruit and veg that are free on all plans. Peas are only free on green and not original so therefore they remain only free, not superfree, whereas veg such as broccoli, sugarsnap peas, lettuce etc are free on both green and red so become superfree on EE.

Hope that makes sense

Gollywogg said:
Oh crap I've been eating peas as super free >.< I just switched from edamame after assuming that was super free.. This is so hard!
Is corn super free? That's about all I eat..

Baby corn is superfree yes, but sweet corn is only free

i work on this theory any veggies that are really sweet arent super free peas sweetcorn parsnips (baby corn is super free and it isnt sweet tasting and mange tout are superfree too

Back