Skateboarding anyone?

nexangelus

Carpe diem, baby!
Or is that a silly question?!

I used to skate, but got to the point where I was too old to justify still being so cr*p!!!

Going to try skiing instead :)

No to the board, but yes to roller skates. I love the fast feeling you get. Wasn't born to run, but love to blade....Just got to get the kids to stop laughing at me now.

Self-teach...all the craziest skaters do...me included, just skate and that is how you learn...the more you skate the more things you get the confidence to do...

While I agree Nexus, but I'm a scaredycat! I'm terrified of doing the slide backwards!
Went ice-skating the other day to "push my boundaries", and after a very shakey start did exactly that, and my hip bone is still tender. =|

I'm surprised I ever learnt to ride a bicycle ... >.<

... I sound like a 60 yr old rather than a 22 yr old... *facepalm*

Hey, it takes allsorts, maybe you aren't an adrenaline junky...but need encouragement from friends, etc. Some work better in groups doing daring/hard/different things, others like to go it alone...

I was 4 when I did my first 'stunt'...I climbed to the very top (and it was bending very badly in the wind too) of a thirty foot tree and got stuck...a male family friend had to rescue me...climbing up and pulling myself up was easy, but looking down, whooo! I didn't cry though, I just called for help and was very glad to be able to get down and climb some other trees...

I've fallen out of countless trees and never broken a bone (yet fingers crossed, no broken bones and I am nearly 35!), just been severely winded. I still love climbing trees and would love to go up into a/the rainforest canopy one day...

Then when I was 10 I got stuck on a hundred foot ledge on the edge of a mountain...my dad had to talk me to where they were...without scaring me and losing me to/off the cliff...iff...iff...iff

I have things on this long list that I need to do before I die or turn 50...white water rafting, bungey jumping, hang gliding, base jumping, kite surfing, parachuting...you know the score...and it will get done...mountain biking is now crossed off the list...it's a weekend addition to my usual nonsense.

Life is too awesome to be still too long...ha!

*stares at you* ... I am very scared of you...!

Nah, just kidding :D I'm actually very impressed! And you say you want to do all these things, why not plan something, right now, right here, book a holiday for the next 3-day weekend. With at least one of the things on your list.
Or ! Look into starting to take parachuting lessons on the weekends. It's one day a week, what are you waiting for? ;)

I don't myself, but I've always been a sucker for a skater boy :p

Back