Skateboarding anyone?

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by nexangelus, 8 November 2008 Social URL.

1. nexangelus

nexangelus Carpe diem, baby!

Start Weight:
    11st0lb
    Current Weight:
    9st4lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10lb(15.58%)
    Diet:
    Clean eating (no processed food)
    Or is that a silly question?!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. munkypooh

munkypooh Warning-Contains Nuts

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Current Weight:
    10st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    5st10lb(35.71%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I used to skate, but got to the point where I was too old to justify still being so cr*p!!!

Going to try skiing instead :)

4. Percy greenfingers

Percy greenfingers Silver Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    No to the board, but yes to roller skates. I love the fast feeling you get. Wasn't born to run, but love to blade....Just got to get the kids to stop laughing at me now.

5. Minerva

Minerva ...passing through.

Start Weight:
    18st7lb
    Current Weight:
    11st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    6st8lb(35.52%)
    Diet:
    16:8 & CC // VLCD
    I HAVE a skateboard... but I'm too scared to learn it. :( I don't know how and no one to teach me.

6. nexangelus

Start Weight:
    11st0lb
    Current Weight:
    9st4lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10lb(15.58%)
    Diet:
    Self-teach...all the craziest skaters do...me included, just skate and that is how you learn...the more you skate the more things you get the confidence to do...

7. Minerva

Start Weight:
    18st7lb
    Current Weight:
    11st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    6st8lb(35.52%)
    Diet:
    While I agree Nexus, but I'm a scaredycat! I'm terrified of doing the slide backwards!
    Went ice-skating the other day to "push my boundaries", and after a very shakey start did exactly that, and my hip bone is still tender. =|

I'm surprised I ever learnt to ride a bicycle ... >.<

... I sound like a 60 yr old rather than a 22 yr old... *facepalm*

8. nexangelus

Start Weight:
    11st0lb
    Current Weight:
    9st4lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10lb(15.58%)
    Diet:
    Hey, it takes allsorts, maybe you aren't an adrenaline junky...but need encouragement from friends, etc. Some work better in groups doing daring/hard/different things, others like to go it alone...

I was 4 when I did my first 'stunt'...I climbed to the very top (and it was bending very badly in the wind too) of a thirty foot tree and got stuck...a male family friend had to rescue me...climbing up and pulling myself up was easy, but looking down, whooo! I didn't cry though, I just called for help and was very glad to be able to get down and climb some other trees...

I've fallen out of countless trees and never broken a bone (yet fingers crossed, no broken bones and I am nearly 35!), just been severely winded. I still love climbing trees and would love to go up into a/the rainforest canopy one day...

Then when I was 10 I got stuck on a hundred foot ledge on the edge of a mountain...my dad had to talk me to where they were...without scaring me and losing me to/off the cliff...iff...iff...iff

I have things on this long list that I need to do before I die or turn 50...white water rafting, bungey jumping, hang gliding, base jumping, kite surfing, parachuting...you know the score...and it will get done...mountain biking is now crossed off the list...it's a weekend addition to my usual nonsense.

Life is too awesome to be still too long...ha!

9. Minerva

Start Weight:
    18st7lb
    Current Weight:
    11st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    6st8lb(35.52%)
    Diet:
    *stares at you* ... I am very scared of you...!

Nah, just kidding :D I'm actually very impressed! And you say you want to do all these things, why not plan something, right now, right here, book a holiday for the next 3-day weekend. With at least one of the things on your list.
    Or ! Look into starting to take parachuting lessons on the weekends. It's one day a week, what are you waiting for? ;)

10. GryffinPHWOAR

GryffinPHWOAR Full Member

I don't myself, but I've always been a sucker for a skater boy :p

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.