Skin tone, stretch marks etc

fattyfoxy

Hello all

With my first pregnancy (12 yrs ago)I went from 9stone to 15,5 stone and have yoyoed ever since (lowest 9.7, not maintained for any great length of time!).

During this time stretch marks have appeared all over and lower stomach is a mass of wrinkles that I know that only surgery would improve. During this weight loss bout (start 12st, current 10.9lb) I have noticed this wrinkling on the top of my inner thighs?! Can't figure out of this is age (nearly 40) or the skin has stretched too much?

Has anyone with crap skin like mine got any top tips to help my skin get some tone back to it? Does exercise fix this or does nothing help!

Mx

Exercising will help to a point and I think it might be a case of get to goal and see what happens after a bit of toning. The problem is that as we get older our skin gets less elastic so doesn't stretch and recoil as well as when we're young, same if we've been carrying that weight a while longer. It might go or it might not.

Mine are the same and I am 6 months from 40. I have decided to ignore it and buy a swimming costume that have bottoms like shorts. They don't notice when lying down ;)

Mine are the same and I am 6 months from 40. I have decided to ignore it and buy a swimming costume that have bottoms like shorts. They don't notice when lying down ;)

Get some board shorts ;)

I had the same problem when I lost a lot of weigh a year ago - the only things to try are toning exercise and daily skin toning lotions or oils ... I use Nivea Q10 firming oil and its good so far and smells gorg ... Also it's on sale at half price I. Tesco at the minute so a good bargain worth having a go x

Biff xxx

When I went from 18st 7 to 7st 7 - I had severe wrinkling at the top of my thighs, saggy upper arms, stretch marks on my stomach, but luckily had minimal sag there. I was 24/25 at that time though and have never had children.

Not sure if this helps any - but how well skin reacts to stretching is partly genetic, so have a look at relatives to see any kind of pattern.

Exercise will tone up some saggy skin - but this will take time, so patience is needed! :)

Personally, I think, if it's not too bad, don't worry. I wore my sag as a trophy. HOWEVER this was ok because it wasn't too bad. There's a lovely lady on these forums who went from 26st down to 8st (and still maintains) - she's had surgery as hers was turning into a health hazard. So it's a fine balance between it being too much to manage and fairly minimal. :)

x

Last edited:
Dry Brushing has been known to work wonders! Also coco butter pregnancy firming lotion you can get from boots seems to work a treat too. Persistance is key!

I've got some Zaggora hot pants and both of their lotions - I reckon it would probably work better if I used them though! I'm 41 and have not had children but have had a number of adominal ops. I'm not so happy about the sag at the moment, but that's cause I have a holiday in 4 weeks, think I lost the weight at the right time of year as I have kept it covered all winter. I know it will reduce with time and patience, but I also know realistically that I'll probably be able to fly once I'm light enough to take off. I'm not far off an interim target now and have made the decision once I get there that I'll up my calories enough to get into some hard core toning exercise for the summer, then probably reduce back down to final target once autumn arrives and I can hide inside a big jumper again for a few months!

I've made a commitment to myself today to JDI - this morning I was going to run some of the way to work, misssed my alarm and woke 90 minutes late to find it had snowed, but I still did the running - my next JDI is to get the hotpants and lotions out of the drawer and get on my vibroplate for 10 minutes when I get home, and to keep doing that every day - I'll let you know how I get on and whether it's worth the investment :)

Back