SKIN !!

united99

Hello Everyone.

I am new to CD, on day 6 brillant diet so far, I know it probably will get harder as the weeks go on but feeling pretty good right now !!

One thing that is really getting me at the moment is I have around 7-8 stone to loose, will I need surgery for saggy skin & stuff as I have read a fews blogs & some people say they have had loads done yet others don't say anything ? I am 23 so the thought of losing all the weight then have another problem to deal with after is daunting me a bit !!

Any Advise ..

Thanks
Kirsty :eek:

Hi United,

I started with about 9 stone to lose in October. I'm half way there now having lost 4 stone 8lbs and i've not had any problems with loose skin yet. I'm 26, so I think we have got youth on our side. My weight was more on my bum and thighs (still is unfortunately!!) , but my boobs and waist have shrunk about 10 inches and there are no flaps of skin. The only area that is looking a little saggy are my arms, but they are getting smaller.
I rub Bio-oil in every day, which is supposed to help, and I drink plenty of water which keeps the skin moist.
Good luck with your weight loss journey ... the first week is the hardest, it gets much easier from then on!
Julia x

Hey Kirsty!!!

Hope you're feeling grand!!

re: the skin!!! I think its a bit pot luck I'm afraid. Lost 5 st so far...on the mission for the last one...I'm 21 and have an awwwwwwwwful wrinkly tum, you'd think I'd have several huge babies - but I've had none. lol. However, arms are not bad, but boobs could do with some hoisting up, the poor things, but they were massive to begin with!!

Some people find using Bio oil helps with stretchmarks and scars and Palmers Cocoa butter helps with firming. I personally can't see the difference but it feels nice :)

Just try and focus on the weight loss first......I would rather have this funny skin than be fat!!

Keep in touch!! gotta love Minimins!!

xx

i havent had much to losebut i have saggy skin on my tummy it all began when i had my baby by c section and ive got this terrible piece of skin that just hangs but im hoping that its just fat and it will shrink it time. good luck x x x

I think with youth on your side you are more likely to be ok with your skin as it should repair quicker. I also read a acticle that said for every stone you lose it takes your skin 2 months to tighten up. I remember someone who went on WW and lost 100lbs, when she stopped she seemed to go thinner, when I asked her she said that she hadnt lost anymore her body was just toning up.

I hoping that this will be the case with me cause I havent got youth on myside!!!:sigh:

Good luck United99!! I hope CD works out wonderfully for you. :)

Thank you everyone for your replys. I'm sure I will be speaking to you lots in the next few months. This site is just wonderful for support ... just reading some has helped me so much !!!

Back