Skin

wannabesize10

Silver Member
Hi All
Well i am sat here looking at my arms and i have noticed my skin is getting loose when i touch it this is a bit scary i am only 27 i don’t want baggy skin i have started doing sit up’s to help with the tummy but can any one advise me what i can do to avoid this problem, at target i would have lost 67 lbs still got a long way to go 40lbs ..but want to start helping myself now before it’s too late !
I’d rather be fat than saggy
Wannabesize 10 ( today i fitted in to a large size 12 woohoo )

I'm quite concerned about this too. I've heard people suggest bio oil I think it's called, and similar type things. I guess they might be worth a try. Also toning work at the gym. Obviously I'm not talking from experience, but from what I've heard, they can help.

2 years ago I lost 3 stone slowly by calorie counting and eating sensibly- before I showered I would vigorously dry body brush myself all over (the body shop have this amazing brush for like £9 that lasts for ages) then after the shower I'd slather on Palmers cocoa butter and that seemed to keep me pretty toned up. I did cycle to work and back everyday (6 miles round trip) and that was the only exercise I did.

Now that I've gained all that lovely weight back (plus and extra stone and a half, yippee!) I don't have the patience to lose the weight slowly again, so I'm starting CD on Monday and I am worried about the loose skin. My plan is to do some Yoga classes at the gym, moderate cycling & swimming and also some weights. I'm going to start body brushing again and using the cocoa butter but also using bio oil aswell. Hopefully this will minimise the loose skin, well thats the plan anyway!

Me 3, my boobs have gone down 3 sizes in 3 weeks. I like this has it will make sports so much easier, and i will no longer have to wear 3 bras, however the now resemble something along the lines of droppy dog ears......any advice how to help this situation. As I have now lost the weight I was unconfident about, I have gained saggy boobs, which now makes me wanna leave my clothes on!

Ahh, what it is to be a woman aye! x

Me 3, my boobs have gone down 3 sizes in 3 weeks. I like this has it will make sports so much easier, and i will no longer have to wear 3 bras, however the now resemble something along the lines of droppy dog ears......any advice how to help this situation. As I have now lost the weight I was unconfident about, I have gained saggy boobs, which now makes me wanna leave my clothes on!

Ahh, what it is to be a woman aye! x

Oh my goodness... 3 SIZES IN THREE WEEKS!!?! I have massive 38FF boobs, if I get such a reduction as you have my boyfriend is going to be a bit gutted to be honest haha!

I want to go down a little bit as you said for sports etc but I don't want droopy spaniels ears. I'm dead against boob jobs because they are quite likely to go wrong as the body often rejects the implant (or so I've read) but perhaps it's something I might have to look into?

Rugby Girl I know just what you mean, my 34G boobs are rapidly disappearing and like you say resemble spaniel ears ha ha!! :( It's NOT pretty :( Someone suggested press ups?!

My tummy is starting to be quite saggy too :( Although I keep blaming that on the fact I have had twins lol!

Just goes to show that us women can't have our cake and eat it ;) Or in our case anything lol

I don't want my boobs to get smaller!!! I'm a B/C cup, is they go down, they might disappear!!

I really don't want to get saggy and droopy, like you said RugbyGirl, we're doing this to feel better about ourselves! I've got to go into town in a minute anyway, so I might have a look around. I've got a wii fit, so I might try and use that every day going yoga. And look at other things, like sit ups, ab crunches etc. too. I think I need to do some googleing!!

Just done some googling, here's what I came up with...

Prevent Loose Skin After Weight Loss
Exercise regularly to tighten and tone problem areas
Do resistance training 3 times a week to build new muscle for the skin to adhere to
Drink a lot of water

Ways to Tighten Loose Skin After Extreme Weight Loss
Continue to exercise regularly
Concentrate on strength training exercises
Eat lean poultry and other proteins with each meal
Try over-the-counter creams to tighten the loose skin
Consider surgical options to remove hanging skin
Change your BMI to tighten loose skin
Keep your skin moisturized with lotion and by drinking water

One thing I do know on the weights/resistence training front is that you're better off doing a higher number of reps on a lower weight, than the other way around.

Thanks every one ... so it's not just me !
i found i have my body toner thing which i will be using tonight i also have loads of coco butter things thanks for christmas presents lol so will start using that ... also i have some bio oli so will bath in it lol
as for (.)Y(.) .. i was a 38 E now i am a 36 D eek lucky still holding a shape but where they were heavier the nipple part is too low for my liking :( i want my young 18 yr old boobies back lol

I just moisturise with normal body lotion, pray and drink my water.

Starting pole dancing next week for the exercise.

I just moisturise with normal body lotion, pray and drink my water.

Starting pole dancing next week for the exercise.

Pole dancing - how cool !!! Good for you hun
is that your Puppy ahhh so cute x

Whatever you do, dont let it put you off losing weight. Personally speaking it does catch up after a while, im far from perfect but as you go you will notice areas have tightened when you wernt looking. My legs are fine, ive been lifting weights for a few months so my arms are ok, stomachs a bit wobbly but nothing on what it was and I can live with that, love handles are all the craze nowadays :), moobs are my biggest issue and hopefully they shrink with time and exercise but I would consider surgery as these were my biggest issue even before weightloss. :)
Exercise is very helpfull for toning and will help your weightloss and metabolism to boot.

I have been told light weights is good for toning skin and the usual sit ups etc. I have started using the crosstrainer and stepper whilst using the small hand weights. I am planning on an investment in some 'FitFlops' i have heard they are great!!!xxx

What are fitflops?

i have a tummy like a burst baloom and noticed tonight my thigh skin looks a little crepey when you touch it. Remember the skin can take a year to catch up.

I am doing callanetics and my step.

let me know how you get on,

i have Nell Mcandrews DVd's i used to do them with my sister ages ago and ouch they hurt but worked i was thinking of giving them a go in the week .... my sister is a twig so she is not invited this tims lol

Back