skinny malinky long legs

popheart

Hi every1!!

After not completing Lighter Life (lasted 4 weeks) and believing that i was happy with the weight i had reached (delusional!!), I became addicted to McDonalds breakfasts and have hit my fattest again! GRRR!

I've decided as the counselling thing really isn't my thing (totally dreading having to sit with the other people every week), that Cambridge is probably the way forward! This time I am so sticking it till the end...I feel totally silly for having convinced myself that I was happy last time!

I'm on day 2 now (feel i want to eat my own arm with chips!!) and know that I sooo don't want to have to do this again!! - well the hardcore ss anyway!

Any1 else on their 1st week?

P.s Did i mention, I'm hungry?!

Hi chick!

The whole "let's all sit and discuss" thing with ll would be my worst nightmare!!

I like my private meetings between my CDC, me and my mum it suits us fine!

Welcome to this forum, best of luck xxx

I agree Lauren. I tried LL for a few weeks about 5 years ago and found the meetings horrendous. I know it might have been the counsellor but it was more like a gossip session than any real effort at behaviour modification.

Hiya, welcome to the CD forum. I also did LL a year or so ago, and found it too expensive firstly and secondly, due to my shifts I couldn't make all the meetings anyway. I find my 1-1 session with my CDC much more useful, and I like the CD shakes more too. Good luck, Hon. Sure you'll be at goal in no time. :)

thanx every1! Yea, the meetings were pretty gross! The thought of all the weeks ahead are quite scary but it has to be done!! Has any1 done the maintenance stage? I've seen that some people decide to swap to slimming world as CD maintenance is quite difficult... Not sure if your defeating the object of re-educating your eating if your going to eat endless amounts of S.W chips and a million eggs tho... I'm confused! x

Not sure if your defeating the object of re-educating your eating if your going to eat endless amounts of S.W chips and a million eggs tho... I'm confused! x

I think the maintenance stage can be difficult, but you have to decide what made you put all your weight on. Was it over-eating, comfort eating etc. And retrain yourself into not eating so much rubbish and replace with a healthy lifestyle.

Before I had children I found that as long as I was strict for the week, at the week end I could pretty much eat what I liked within reason. And I stayed the same within 1-3lbs.

CD works by
  1. high protein, low carbs
SW and WW are now focused on low GI foods, which give you slow releasing energy, so you shouldn't need to stuff yourself if you eat the right foods.

I think which ever diet you decide to do for maintenance they all work, but you have to have the willpower to stick to them.

Back