Skinnyminnys Before & Current Pics

skinnyminny

before & after.jpg

Finally plucked up the courage to post my before pics.

The first one was at my sons christening and I weighed 12 stone 6 :sigh:
The second was Christmas and I weighed 14 stone 4 - my heaviest ever! :eek:
Finally the last one is me now! 4 stone lighter at 10 stone 4 - size 10/12! :)
2 stone away from goal.:D

What do you think?

Wow skinny, Look at you :D

Looking great girlie, all the best for your final push :D

Thanks for sharing :p

You look fab! dont know where you can lose another 2 stone from though youll end up a size 0.

You look fantastic!!! What an achievement!

I mentioned to DH last night that you'd done fab getting to 10/12 but I couldn't figure out the 2 stone bit. Having seen the pictures I'm more confused. You look amazing and you've done so well. But where are you gonna lose 2 stone from hon?

Hi thanks for all your comments - I carry most of my weight on my thights & bum and believe it or not due to my height I am still classed as overweight!!!! Another 2 stone off would get me to the lower end of my "normal" weight range so that is the aim - but to be honest will see how it goes and how I feel.

x

Hey hun, congratulations on your weightloss, you look fantastic!! Just to say, I'm not sure that aiming for the 19.8 BMI is a great idea- that puts you on the borderline of being underweight which is almost more unhealthy than being on the borderline of overweight!!! I would suggest aiming for a more mid-range figure like BMI 22? Its totally up to you of course and its not my place to tell you how much more you need to lose, but you look slim now and I think another 2 stone would probably make you look a bit gaunt.... hope I'm not speaking out of turn, its just I've seen friends lose a lot of weight and then take it too far!

xx

Wow, Skinny!!! The difference is INCREDIBLE! You look FAB!!!

I am with the others about the 2 stones bit :confused: How tall are you?

As you say, you will see how it goes and how you feel.

Thanks for sharing your photos! You really look fantastic!!! :clap:

Hey wannabslim

No I do not think you are speaking out of turn at all, it is a fair point, I guess I was aiming for the weight I was when I got married only 5 years ago which was 8 1/2 stone. I did not look gaunt but I did carry my weight differently then, I seem to be losing from the top down at the moment, so although I am in a size 12 jeans - some size 12's I cannot even get past my thighs. :confused: :confused: So I really want to be able to do that easily. I plan to lose another sone before going into management making me 9 stone 4 and so whatever I lose during management I will maintain at. My original goal was 8 stone and so I have changed that - just have not updated my ticker so not sure what BMI that will make me.

Hopefully everything will even out by then. I have to say clothes make me look slimmer than I am - I do look alot worse with my clothes off - I will of course spare you all that vision. LOL

Hi cheery
thanks for your comments - I am 5 ft 2 - when I am not wearing my killer heals to make me look tall LOL
x

You look skinny, Minny!

Amazing!

Ah ok hun, I can see where you're coming from. I thought you weren't allowed to SS past BMI 25 tho? Was talking to my dad about this (he is rly supportive of my journey) and mentioned u. I said I thought from the pics that u looked rly good as ur and worry that your expectations are too much-- like u say, ur trying to get back to the weight u were before you got married (but rly is it the weight u want to achieve or the way you looked?)...as u get older etc your skin tone does not improve. Plus a lot of looking good after dieting doesnt just come through weight loss- it comes through muscle toning exercises... no matter how much you lose if your muscles arent toned theres always gonna be a bit of unsightliness. Plus there may be a teeny bit of loose skin too. I guess what I'm tryin to say hun is are your expectations realistic? Obviously I dont know if you are doing exercises etc to help, but I truely feel that some of your problems now may be solved by doing more..

Altho I can totally understand your size 12 bottoms dilemma and am not trying to say I dont think you should be dieting, cos its totally your choice!

xx

xx

Ah ok hun, I can see where you're coming from. I thought you weren't allowed to SS past BMI 25 tho? Was talking to my dad about this (he is rly supportive of my journey) and mentioned u. I said I thought from the pics that u looked rly good as ur and worry that your expectations are too much-- like u say, ur trying to get back to the weight u were before you got married (but rly is it the weight u want to achieve or the way you looked?)...as u get older etc your skin tone does not improve. Plus a lot of looking good after dieting doesnt just come through weight loss- it comes through muscle toning exercises... no matter how much you lose if your muscles arent toned theres always gonna be a bit of unsightliness. Plus there may be a teeny bit of loose skin too. I guess what I'm tryin to say hun is are your expectations realistic? Obviously I dont know if you are doing exercises etc to help, but I truely feel that some of your problems now may be solved by doing more..

Altho I can totally understand your size 12 bottoms dilemma and am not trying to say I dont think you should be dieting, cos its totally your choice!

xx

xx

Hi, no I do value your comments, basically there is not restriction on SSing in LL - this is due to having to have medical check ups every 4 weeks so if I SS for another 4 weeks that will get me to 9 stone 4, then it is 12 weeks of management where I will possibly lose more weight albeit not as drastic. I will stay at whatever I end up being after management - well that is the plan anyway!

I think I just felt more confident and more my old self when I was slimmer, my heavier days are not the norm for me, I have always been a size 8/10 - just life got in the way and my weight started to creep up over the last 5 yrs and I was not able to contro it.

I know I will never be able to turn the clock back 5 years, I had long curly hair then and unless perms come back in fashion I am stuffed!!!! (LOL LOL LOL), I have had a baby since then and my body shape has changed and I do accept that, but although I do look slim on the photo, I do still have lots of bulges which need to go, whether that is 2 stones worth I do not know.

I do not excersise alot actually, I have just ordered a lateral thigh trainer from ebay and starting walking alot more, as it is more my bottom half that is the problem, so I know that will help.

Will just see how it goes, I will not take it too far, as looking too thin is worse than looking too fat IMO - luckily no issues with loose skin as such (yet) but will see.

x

Skinny you look gorgeous, just absolutely lovely. Well done, all the hard work you have put in really does show.

Cath

Hi Suzanne,

Thank you for your comments, I have lost the weight in my 100 days of LL so approx 14 weeks.

x

Hi skinny, great pics! Just to add my opinion - I think you should aim for whatever weight you want! I'm 5'5'' and 9.4 at the moment having gone to my first management meeting today and although I look "normal" and am pretty much a size 12, which I would be quite content with forever, I did used to be size 10. (Of course having 2 kids has done things to my body!) According to the figures for me to be under weight (i.e. BMI <18.5 ) I'd have to be less than 8 stone - that is so not going to happen! So 8 1/2 stone for someone your height seems perfectly reasonable to me and not exactly skinny. I've got lots of fat patches but I'm not going to lose any sleep over them as I'm happy to have got where I am now. Just need to tone up now! You know what suits your body and frame so go for whatever feels right for you.

Hi Skinny

I agree about being what makes you happy. We are pretty similar (although I am a week behind and slower losing) and I have comments from people in my group about me not having much more weight to lose. However I am still a 16 on the bottom and 12 on top. I want to get down to about 8 1/2 stone because that is what my mum is and she is same height as me. Also both my sisters are between 8 and 9 so I know this is more likely to be right for me.

Good luck and congrats on your success so far.

Suzy A

Thanks soooo much SuzyA & Goombagirl for your supportive comments.
x

Skinny you look fabulous! Well done on your wonderful weight loss. LL is my saviour too! Good luck for the rest of your journey. Angela x

Thanks Angiebabie - it has been a journey and now feel I am almost on top of that hill - why did I not find this wonderful mad diet a few years ago???????

I feel the same as you skin, thank goodness I picked up that LL magazine after Xmas for what I thought would be another 'failed' attempt at weight loss. Its so exciting! Every month that comes and goes I am a different woman. Soon I will pluck up the courage to post my pics here to. Thanks for posting yours, they certainly keep inspiring me. Angela x

Back