skipping shakes

I couldn't do the mousse thing at all - i tried a stawberry one like that and it was beyond repulsive for me. As Soopersnoozy said - you do get a much 'better' shake if you use a hand blender over the LT shaker although I use the shaker now as I just find it easier to clean.

Contrary to a lot of people I've seen posting I do actually find the Vanilla shake to be the nicest of the three with the Chocolate coming in last. A little variation helps though and swapping between the three flavours helped me stomach them a little better. I actually find the Chicken Soup tho be the nicest Lt thing I've had so far. A friend of mine used to put a pinch of paprika or black pepper in her soups to help with the flavour although I like mine asw they are.

I do think that over time they get easier to drink and I don't really notice the taste of them as much now.

I had bad constipation twice in eight weeks but I also have the FibreClear now and it seems to be helping. I prefer to have it in water as my first drink of the day but you can mix it in with your shakes if you like. It's also so much easier to keep things working if you make sure you drink pleanty of fluids too.

At the end of the day though I just say to myself it's only a temporary thing and a little 'unpleasantness' is a small price to pay for getting back the body that I thought I'd lost years ago.

I quite like the shakes well the chocolates and vanilla is ok. Cant bare the strawberry I have missed shakes not cos I couldnt be bothered I had sickness (not related to diet) but generally I have em all.

MrC - the hand blender I use is the cheapest of the cheap from Asda and the whisk part detaches from the actual motor part - I run it under the tap to clean and just keep it sitting in a jug ready for next time.

I was sceptical about the soup - so many said it was disgusting - but again I like this best. I mix my shakes up - so I only have the same flavour once a day which I find helps.

Like you say - it is only temporary and the bonus is being slimmer and healthier - a small price to pay for that I think!

I put a spoon of coffee in the vanilla shake today as someone had suggested in another thread. It did really make a difference and was a nice pleasant change. I'd recommend it as a fourth flavour. Variety is the way forward!

Back