Slaj's diary

Morning all, up early so I'm going to make a batch of broccoli and Stilton soup to take to work. It tastes quite luxurious and delicious, had salad yesterday but not really the weather for salad anymore!
Have a great day all :)

slaj said:
Morning all, up early so I'm going to make a batch of broccoli and Stilton soup to take to work. It tastes quite luxurious and delicious, had salad yesterday but not really the weather for salad anymore!
Have a great day all :)

Enjoy your soup. I still have some left for today :)

morning all, had a hectic few days ugh i honestly don't know where all the time goes. i love Downton and the Paradice, i wish Downton was on longer actually, i was a big Upstairs Downstairs fan as a kiddy and this is like it but in the country..

hope u all have a good day xx

Hello all
Just checking in as on my way out again, really loved my food today!
B scrambled egg, fried cauliflower ( last night left overs, bit like bubble and squeak) mushroom
L broccoli and Stilton soup
T cod fillet seasoned , fried in olive oil with cheese sauce( shrinki's best cheese sauce ever recipe), broccoli and celeriac
Snack, olives and feta cheese

slaj said:
Hello all
Just checking in as on my way out again, really loved my food today!
B scrambled egg, fried cauliflower ( last night left overs, bit like bubble and squeak) mushroom
L broccoli and Stilton soup
T cod fillet seasoned , fried in olive oil with cheese sauce( shrinki's best cheese sauce ever recipe), broccoli and celeriac
Snack, olives and feta cheese

Oh food sounds yum! Makes me very very tempted to start low carbing again..

Morning all
B quorn bacon rashers, scrambled egg and fried mushrooms, yummy!
L will be broccoli and Stilton soup with mixed salad
Not sure about later, have started to read neris and indias idiot proof diet, very funny and lots of ideas for meals, might get a recipe out of the book
Happy day everyone :)

Hi, menus sound great, I am going to try brocolli and stilton soup today for lunch...can't wait

ladyfelsham said:
I keep forgetting to buy Stilton to try this - do you just crumble it in?

I sweat an onion, add stock and broccoli, boil for about twenty mins, crumble or chop Stilton and add then switch off heat. When melted in I blitz it up.

I do the same, i just add a bit of garlic, black pepper and crumble the Stilton( or any other blue cheese) in just at the end, then whizz it all in blender. Its really creamy and tasty! :)

Morning all
A good day yesterday foodwise, feeling very positive at the moment. Have the pleasure of son and daughters company today, off shopping in Birmingham ( spending money on them both is a sure way of getting them to agree to come with me!) just planning where we can go for lunch as don't want to ruin my mindset. Hope everyone is well and can you believe it is November already!!

Morning! I hope you have a nice day shopping.

I have decided to switch back to the low carb way of life.. Just can't seem to stick to a diet otherwise and I do love the food choices. So will be watching your menus with even more interest ;-)

Have a nice day x

Back