Slaney's Lipo diary

OMG Sandra its just dawned on me who you reminded me of in your pic its Stephanie Beecham! It only took about 3 weeks but I got there in the end ! xxx

Is that good or bad? I guess it's better than Little Mo from Eastenders that Su thought I looked like! X

Its good she is beautiful !! xx

Ella Belle . . . sorry for not answering you last night. I didn't see your post as didn't realise there was second page. Wexford 'surely is' a hurling county though I must admit I'm very much a fair weather supporter. And no, we haven't had much reason to cheer of late! Good image you have there of you being spurred on by supporters. Consider us those supporters, though I'd say we're more likely to egg you on than reprimand you. You have the advantage of being a sporty person and you'll be burning up energy as well as restricting your intake. Camogie? You from hurling Co too? Thank you for your belief that I CAN do this, third time lucky. I see we started around the same time so let's be one another's side line bainisteoir! Best of luck! You'll soon be one Belle Ella in every sense!

Well, Sandra, if you're going to shatter an arm why not do it in style! Presume you didn't hit the water. Jersey beans . . . I like it! At least Dec 2nd is early in the month and gives you a few weeks before Christmas. How far are you from the mainland? Presume there are ferry crossings? And Stephanie Beecham is good.
Daisy . . . thank you for slim me idea . . . much more positive. I will be that person again. And feel free to hijack any or all of this. Who's Kerry? A monitor? Did you lose 61 lbs since your start date in profile?

Day 13 has dawned. Too soon to say if this is going to be a good/easy day or a difficult one. At least I'm on here with my first cuppa and not feeling sorry for myself. I am one of those people who wakes up hungry. Many people can skip breakfast. I never could. So - mornings are hard for me. Not that I'm hungry as such but, as all of us here know, it's not always hunger that triggers eating. Any and all emotions. I am never put off food. If I'm happy, I eat. If I'm sad, I eat. Bored? Worried? Angry? Same reaction. How do we celebrate each occasion? How do we reward ourselves? How do we mourn our losses? Almost all our social lives revolve around food. I'm in a conundrum here. On Fri night we're going to a Celebrity Chef type of charity night out. I'll be surrounded by people who have seen me go from extra large to size 10 twice in last four years. You can imagine how they are going to view another venture down the same road. And in previous efforts I was able to conceal what I was about but there'll be no hiding this time. I have found on several occasions that if you just push food around on your plate very few people notice that none is finding its way into your mouth. I sometimes put some on my husband's plate so it will look a little empty. This is okay when the cost of the meal is being paid anyway as it will be on Fri. Then on Sat we are invited to a reception for the opening of Wexford Opera. So I'll have to muster up all my determination. I can get out of drinking by saying I'm the designated driver and just play with food. That's the plan. Not to worry about weekend just yet though, as I've a few days to get through before then.
Are ye all getting the same beautiful weather? Apparently temperatures have not been this high in October since 1954. Autumn is such a lovely season but we normally can't appreciate it as it's lost in drizzle. I am meant to be going for a 20 minute walk each day as part of my physio but I'm a lazy bee and not always good. No excuse today.
Enough rambling. Best of luck everybody! Let's get through another day. Let's all be honking and bunny dancing in 12 hours time!

Well, Sandra, if you're going to shatter an arm why not do it in style! Presume you didn't hit the water. Jersey beans . . . I like it! At least Dec 2nd is early in the month and gives you a few weeks before Christmas. How far are you from the mainland? Presume there are ferry crossings? And Stephanie Beecham is good.
Daisy . . . thank you for slim me idea . . . much more positive. I will be that person again. And feel free to hijack any or all of this. Who's Kerry? A monitor? Did you lose 61 lbs since your start date in profile?

Hi Slaney, it was my right leg that I shattered, caught in on a cleat (the metal bit on the pontoon that you moor a boat to, so pretty inflexible) and yes I did fall in the marina.....was throwing up filthy water for days!

We're an hour by plane to London and there are several ferries to the uk and France.....quite civilized really!

Kerry not's not a mod she's another lady in what seems to be a little gang of us that take the piss out of each other and have a laugh.....let's face it dieting is a bore so we try and brighten it up! Feel free to join in, Daisy's the sensible one, Su's the bossy one, I'm the rude one and Kerry tells us off! But we do have a tendency to hijack posts......sorry x

There must something about cleats on marina pontoons ( they move or something ) my OH tripped fell over the edge hit her head on our friends yacht knocked herself out and I had to jump in pull her out before she drowned ( it was b.... cold )

PS the yacht was ok :D and OH ok just a big bump and very embarrassed.

Never heard the word cleat before and don't want to make the acquaintance of one in the near future! Is it your right hip that you have to have replaced? Any connection between this and accident? Believe me, I always thought of Jersey as the most civilized of places. Something exotic about the island that has appealed to me for many a year. I once did look into holidaying there but at the time there were no direct flights from Ireland.

Sounds like you're OH was lucky to escape, Big Kev!

No you don't want to meet one. No it's my left hip and at first I thought that the two were related but it turns out that I was born with congenital hip dysplasia (sp?) so have spent the last 50 years with mildly dislocated hips which, of course, have eventually worn out! One of my sisters was born with it too but they found hers when she was 4 and she had it pinned though she did have a replacement at 35. They automatically check newborn babies hips for it now and the cure is simply a triple layers of nappies for a few weeks!

Jersey is very civilised, beautiful countryside and fabulous restaurants, Marco Pierre White is just about to open down at the marina which is going to be hard to avoid as we're down there a lot in the summer! Not sure about direct flights, I think last time we flew to Dublin via Exeter....

Your poor wife Kev but at least you did the gallant thing, my OH dragged me out of the sea but insisted that I take all my wet things off on the pontoon as we had just had our boat cleaned, to sell it, and it had cost £1000! He didn't want me to dirty it again, I come quite low down in the order of his priorities, way below his precious boat.....

Terrific! So very well done, Daisy!

It's 11:30 and day 13 is coming to a close, thank goodness. I just about made it through the day. The only thing that kept me going was logging on here plus the knowledge that the day after tomorrow is weigh-in and I can't waist the week's sacrifice. Feeling rotten. Not ill. Just want to eat. I sincerely hope that I soon get 'into' this properly as I do not want to have to resist food all the time. I know it is possible to move beyond this where it becomes second nature. I even remember coming off LT and missing my strawberry shake in the mornings. So, here's hoping I'm soon at that stage.

I cannot thank you all enough for keeping me going. I really would not have been able to do this without your support and your inspirational stories. How can I complain when many here are several weeks on the diet? Funny thing is, the longer you're on it, the stronger you get, the easier it gets. Knowing you haven't given in aids determination. Seeing the results is another great motivator. Please God I'll soon move into that category. How come my head knows all this but my body wants to sabotage my efforts? Well, my head will just have to rule my body for the next few days and hopefully this will soon become a habit. Underneath all this talk is the fear that if I have a poor loss (and I am a slow loser) on Thurs, it'll be too easy to give in to myself. Oh, fingers crossed for me, please????
G'night all. Talk to you tomorrow.

Day 14. Weigh-in tomorrow. Today I've decided to act up-beat regardless of my feelings. If I act as if I'm on top of the world, I'll soon fool my body into thinking it is. Well . . . that's the plan. Let's see how it goes. Have my vanilla/coffee slush beside me. It's so good. Thanks Su for that recommendation. Looks like it's going to be another lovely day. All is well.

Well done so far Slaney, and i am sure your weigh in tomorrow will make it all worthwhile x x

Don't forget to start a thread when you get back from your weigh in.. Good luck hun x x x

Thank you so much, Su!

Went to town. Did the shopping. Home. Looked in fridge. Loads of tomatoes so made big pot of tomato soup. Cooking now and house full of lovely aroma. Lots of basil in it. Now there's method in my madness. While I love the smell of tomato soup, and as many have pointed out, while on LT, the smell of food is somewhat satisfying, I don't particularly like the taste. Crazy or what? Now there's only hubbie and self here so who's going to eat it? Why do I feel it's less wasteful to throw out tomato soup than throw out tomatoes?

Because of accident house is in bit of a state. Clean and tidy on the outside, but presses and wardrobes are choc-a-bloc and have not been sorted out since Spring. Can't find anything. Need to locate winter clothes. Really off putting chore. What's bothering me is there is so much to be done. So . . . like chipping away at weight . . . I've decided to do just one press/drawer/wardrobe a day. Not too hard to face when only tackling a little. Mini goals, isn't that what many recommend? So I'm off now with black refuse bag to fill for charity shop and hopefully next time I'm on here there will be one beautifully tidy press in this house. Gawd but I need to get a life . . .

Sounds like you're getting there Slaney! What is it with us all? sniffing food and cooking like there was going to be a famine! Why not freeze the remainder of the tomato soup? I always freeze stock or soup if there's some leftover or I make so much that we get fed up with it before it's all gone. Then all you need is a hunk of bread and that's lunch or supper sorted, simples:D

Ha, ha Slaney, I used to live in the UK and whenever I'd say the word 'press' as in 'I got the bowl from the press' I'd be met with blank faces....my friends had no idea what 'press' meant. I wonder are some of your readers confused?? x

Ah thank you, Sandra. Hadn't thought of that . . . Brilliant! And I have 'pour it' freezer bags. Head not working!

Thanks to you too, Ella Belle! I should have thought of that. We have a Granny Flat attached to house (Granny now deceased). I had American friends staying there one time. I left a note saying: 'If you need them, there are extra duvets in the hot press'. They came into main house and asked: 'What are 'duvvits' and what's a hot press????' For non-Irish readers, a press is any kind of cupboard or closet. A hot press is an airing cupboard.

Well . . . there are now three tidy 'presses' in this household. I have a large refuse sack full of old handbags, phone chargers and imprompu bought gadgets inter alia. Why on earth do I put old, worn out handbags into storage??? I think it's because I like them and don't want to throw them away. It's easier after time has passed and you can see that they really are never going to be used again. I found one item I had been looking for high up and low down. At least I've an idea where some things are. I also have put in a few hours where I have not thought of food. I often find that when you make a start on such chores it is easier to continue . . . or at least I hope so. These presses are the worst; they're what I call my 'fecky into presses' where, if I don't know where to put something or haven't time to think about it, I 'feck' it in till I have time to organise. I also know that I don't need to buy shower gels, shampoos or toiletries for at least twelve months! Prices dropped so much of late that with 'two for price of one' offers etc I've been stocking up more than needed.

Why on earth do I think all this trivia would be of interest to anybody? Well, I suppose it's really for myself. Hopefully, some day in the not too distant future, I'll have a record of every day of my diet and I'll be able to look back on it with pride. Not only will I have a fabulous figure (well . . . let's not go overboard, a slimmer one) but I'll have a perfectly ordered house with a place for everything and everything in its place.

Hope ye are all getting nicely through the day and will all be honking and bunny dancing by day's end. 'Bye for now.

Slaney I am going to friend you and then pm you! Basically cos I think that, (perhaps sadly given the dialogue!!!), we have an awful lot in common! x

Back