slant on banana and custard

Discussion in 'Slimming World Recipes' started by time2bslim, 2 October 2010 Social URL.

1. time2bslim

time2bslim Just doing it this time

Start Weight:
    13st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5lb(10.05%)
    I just had a lovely dessert for Free.

I tried to make syn free custard - 3 egg yolks - splenda - half cup of milk (hea).

Unfortunately it came out like sweet scrambled eggs ?? ( don't know why - maybe someone can tell me why?) thanks.

Anyway, rather than throw it away I put a banana into it and liquidized it.

It came out lovely and creamy and banana flavour and I poured it into two ramakins - one for now and one for later IF it sets in the fridge.

Thought I'd share.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. ronniejacobs

ronniejacobs Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st11lb
    Current Weight:
    15st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st11lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(3.17%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    theoretically its not syn free as you have blended the banana sorry hon

4. time2bslim

Start Weight:
    13st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5lb(10.05%)
    I know that but it's ONE blended banana - the only reason you syn fruit if cooked or pureed etc is that you have a larger portion than you normally would have eating the fruit fresh - this is ONE banana.

5. avisk

avisk xx

Diet:
    Slimming World
    What happened to your custard is that it curdled. So easy to do, I have done it loads of times! You really need to keep the heat very low indeed and keep stirring or whisking like mad.

Or you might like to try cooking it in a bowl over simmering water in a saucepan. (The official term for this is a "bain marie".) You can also buy double saucepans but they are pricey if you are only going to use it occasionally. This method takes longer - much longer - but it is unlikely to curdle.

Another way is to make baked egg custards - mix the eggs, milk and sweetener, put into small dishes, stand the dishes in a baking dish with cold water coming up to about half way up the dishes, and bake in a moderate oven until set.

6. time2bslim

Start Weight:
    13st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5lb(10.05%)
    thank you so much - yep I brought the custard back up the boil :cry:

but it all turned out OK. I will definitely make it again.

Thanks for the advice.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.