One-Syn Treats!

swansong1a

Ok, so with all the tweak-related posts flying around at the moment, I just thought I'd share this with all you lovely people! Today I made a chickpea cake mix, by blending one (400g) tin of drained, rinsed and dried chickpeas with 3 large eggs, 0.5tsp baking powder (half a syn), 4tbsp Splenda, and 1tbsp of orange extract. I poured the mixture into Frylighted mini-muffin tins and it made eighteen. I cooked these at 180C for 25 minutes - when I took them out they were lovely and risen but they soon sank quite spectacularly!

Anyway, I tried one of these and though it was ok it was nothing special, which was when I had a brainwave. I have some luscious caramel spread in the cupboard (pre SW of course!) which is very similar in calories to the Asda Chosen by You Chocolate and Caramel spread. I carefully spread just 2g of this onto another of my mini orange pancake/muffin things, and omg, it was to die for!

So, syn-wise, if you're into tweaking then the mini-muffins have half a syn for the whole batch on Green or Extra Easy. If you're not (or you're having an Original day), they're about half a syn each (my drained chickpeas weighed 225g so that's about 12 calories x 18 muffins). Whichever way you swing, the spread is half a syn per 2g, and 2g is quite enough to give one of these the boost it really needs, since they're not very big.

Hope someone out there enjoys these - let's face it, even if you eat them all and don't tweak you'd still only be on 18 syns which is an awful lot better than wolfing an entire real cake when the craving hits! :)

Back