Sleeping and strange dreams on CD

miss jelly tot

CWP Consultant

Anyone else experience strange dreams or sleep patterns? Could it be because i am in Ketosis? Or im I just going mad:confused: Thanks

Last edited:
Both times i have done CD, i have had trouble sleeping and have had weird dreams.
Im putting it down to Cadbury deficiency! x

lol - i too have had problems sleeping day, slept a little better last night though, so im hoping its a passing phase

its funny on LL which is similar i have been having nightmares of breaking the diet and eating, I was feeling bad in my dream, this has happened 4 times ad i woke up with relief!!

my bad dream was that i turned into that giant marshmellow in ghost busters .......

Thanks I hope it does pass, funny thing is i'm not even tired.
Im putting it down to Cadbury deficiency!
Thats for sure lol
its funny on LL which is similar i have been having nightmares of breaking the diet and eating, I was feeling bad in my dream, this has happened 4 times ad i woke up with relief!!
At least you woke up before reaching the fridge :)

my bad dream was that i turned into that giant marshmellow in ghost busters ....... __________________
:)Kim:p
Lol how strange is that, I think I would have eaten myself.

I had problems sleeping the first 2 weeks of the diet and did read that it is because your body fuel is very low - the brain starts working overtime to make up (you do infact burn quite a lot of calories when you are sleeping as it is when the body goes into repair mode - creating new cells etc) Dont worry - it will pass, infact, I think i sleep too much now!!

I'm on LL, and definately don't sleep anywhere near as much as I used to. Going to bed around 12.30-1am, getting up at 6.30am for work and feeling like I have more than enough each night.

You will find a more regular pattern, at first your body has to adjust to it;s new state and this can just take a little bit of time :)

I'm sure it's normal lol

When I first started CD I couldn't sleep, and when I did it was very broken with weird dreams.

I always dreamt about food, the amount of Cooked Roast Dinners i'd eaten in my sleep was mad - always relieved that I hadn't actually eaten it tho.. phew :)

Yes, I have weird dreams, usually about food! I never need as much sleep when i'm on CD, wide awake til the wee small hours, then up early feeling refreshed. Think it's cos we're not eating carbs which make you feel tired and sluggish.

I'm the same, I don't need anywhere near as much sleep, I think its being in Ketosis that does it, I feel alot more alert and chirpy than I normally do :)

Lol, im back at work Thurs and my job means im out and about for 10 or more hours...its gonna be a nightmare!!!!

Thanks everyone for your input I'm glad i'm not alone. Im finally shattered so off to bed now and I hope i'm not up at 2am!
Lol, im back at work Thurs and my job means im out and about for 10 or more hours...its gonna be a nightmare!!!!
You will have to take a bottle with you LOL

i am having problems sleeping also, it is driving me crazy!! i can not wait to get into a proper sleeping pattern! i don't really feel tired during the day, start getting tired in the evening, but no sleep!
i used to be an enid blyton child, where i was asleep as soon as head touched pillow, not any more though!

Back