Slightly Bemused Newbie!!

misscookie

Hi there everyone. I joined Slimming World last week on the Extra Easy Plan. Its working out pretty well at the moment and my partner is joining in. I am really chuffed that I stumbled across this site, it looks perfect for motivation and encouragement. Its taking me a while to get use to everything. I was struggling for ages trying to upload a photo but I think you have to post a certain amount before you are allowed to do certain things.

I have lost weight before on Weightwatchers but I needed to do something different and get motivated again. I am fed up of being the fat one and I promised myself a new pair of boots this winter but I'll be damned if can find any that fit me and I will not buy a pair from a special website for people with fat legs - I just won't do it!! So here goes - I would like to lose 4st and ideally lose it before next summer. Hopefully I will get to know a few people in the process of losing weight.

Bye :)

Hi there Miss Cookie good luck with your weight loss journey ;)

Hi misscookie,

Welcome to MiniMins I hope you will make yourself at home.

Best of luck on SW journey!

:sign0144:When you are a newbie

You are in a group which has no avatar, limited signature space, no Private messaging other members, no sending email to other members and you cannot upload images to the gallery.

Members can post weight loss ticker link into your signature on joining.

Here is a link with step by step instructions to show you how to do it...

http://www.minimins.com/tutorials/19...ctory-com.html (How to setup a weight loss ticker on Tickerfactory.com)

You need the bb code here for ticker and graphics to work.

When you reach 20 posts you get avatar privileges and a larger signature space and can upload images to the gallery.

When you reach 50 posts, you get even more signature space, and private messaging and emailing is enabled.

You need at least 50 posts for your profile page.

You also need 50 posts to post links. You may not post links to personal business sites or personal websites with advertising or websites that are in competition with MiniMins.

I hope you understand the privileges that you will receive for being a long term poster.

http://www.minimins.com/introductions/46674-new-members-guided-tour-minimins.html

If you need any help be sure to ask!

Love Mini xxx

Hi Miss cookie, welcome and good luck :) There are some good ideas in the slimmingworld section, i'm new to this site as well and am slowly getting round it all .

Hey welcome to the wonderful world of Minimins, good luck on your weight loss journey, you know where we all are if you need a chat, moan, or general rant!!

Keep on keepin on

Kel xx

Hi Miss Cookie

Totally hear you about the boots prob. That was one of the final things that kicked my backside into dieting gear - went to get my usual 4 or 5 pairs of winter boots only to find I couldn't do them up!

In the first couple shops, I told myself it was the shops being mean and cutting them smaller this year but as I moved through all the shops in town, it dawned on me that it wasn't the shops - it was my big fat calves!!

All the best with your weight loss!
Sally x

Back