slim and save products to use on a calorie counting diet

zizi1

Hi, Im new here, I just have a stone to lose, and wondered if using slim and save shakes in place of one or two meals, and then eating normal for evening meal would help me lose weight. Rather than losing weight by going into ketosis? thanks for any advice.

No you cant. You need to have the full amount of packs for the nutrients etc you need. Plus as amethyst says youll be starving all the time

Hi, Im new here, I just have a stone to lose, and wondered if using slim and save shakes in place of one or two meals, and then eating normal for evening meal would help me lose weight. Rather than losing weight by going into ketosis? thanks for any advice.

No you cant. You need to have the full amount of packs for the nutrients etc you need. Plus as amethyst says youll be starving all the time

Just to play devils advocate here, it does say on the bottom of the s&s info sheet that you can just have 2 a day with normal meal if you'd rather, and lose weight at a slower rate :)

You only have a stone to lose lucky you. I have 6 of them. Lol. I would say your best bet is to do the 3 packs and a meal which will put you into ketosis if you do the protein meal with veg. I know you don't want to go into ketosis but with the little amount of weight you need to lose you would be done within 4 weeks. I would actually say 3 weeks doing it that way. If you have a reg meal I would reckon you would lose weight still but the losses would not be as great I don't think.

To be honest with only a stone to lose, I wouldnt even consider a VLCD. If youve only got a stone to go the chances are your BMI wont be a level suitable for S&S. Its hard going and youll be starving without ketosis. If it was me Id be more inclined to go for WW/SW or Calorie Counting :) You could lose a stone in a couple of months on them, by the time you start S&S, get to goal then either refeed or regain a bit when you start eating youre probably looking at a similar time frame

yes you can do S&S as part of a calorie controlled diet, the S&S website says as much, whilst most people do S&S as a total meal replacement or just have the added protein / veg etc you can use their products to just keep your calories at a certain level whilst adding a decent meal etc, afterall in that scenario you will be aiming for calorie controlled not low carb - ketosis.

Actually, yes you can. Absolutely no reason why you can't. You would need to make sure that your food combined with the packs you had totalled 1200 calories or more. Make sure the rest of your food is well balanced and you should be find for vitamins etc but I'd recommend taking a multi vitamin each day too. You can't use the products to do you on VLCD, that's not particularly healthy or safe but you can use it as part of a healthy calorie controlled diet that's at least 1200 calories. I'd really recommend using a website call My Fitness Pal which will calculate how many calories you should have per day to lose 1 or 2 lb a week and you can fit s&S packs into that to help you keep it low enough if you want to.

thanks for your replies.:) I know its only a stone, but sometimes when you have a lot to lose its easier to get disciplined and get into a roll, when its only a stone, you can get half hearted about it, and keep saying, ill do it next week, and so on. I will try to do a calorie count incorporating the SNS products for some meals, as I have purchased quite a few now, (and probably one of the better tasting low calorie meals on the market), and dont want to waste them. After that will try and stick to just normal healthy food.

Back