Slim Bride Diaries

rachel1984

First of all "Hello" to everyone :wavey:

I have been desperate to lose weight for over a year now but have been struggling to find motivation. Joined weight watchers last November and during my few months there didn't really lose anything. Thought I was following the plan but things were not clicking into place. Then stopped for a while and decided to give slimming world a go.

I immediately liked the plan but after my first week my work shifts changed and I had to change meetings. Going to a different meeting I didn't feel comfortable so just never stayed to meetings and therefore I wasn't getting as much support as I could and I basically gave up. I then got engaged last May and we are getting married next July. I decided to go looking for a wedding dress to shock me into losing weight. Because of how much wedding dresses pull you in and the right style can look good on anybody it wasn't as bad as I thought and I found a dress I loved. I was fitting into a size 16. So far, my weight loss was not going to plan. I went back to order my dress and made a decision. I was ordering it in a size 12. I figured that if that doesn't give me the motivation to lose weight then nothing will.

I started back at slimming world at a different meeting again. When asked I pretended I had never done slimming world before so to start totally afresh. My mum attends the same meeting I had just started to attend. I also stayed to meeting every week. During the first 4 weeks I lost 8 lbs. I was really chuffed with what I was achieving, and then went on an all inclusive holiday for a week. :rolleyes: The positive is that I had a fab holiday :character00180: The negative - I put 3.5 pounds back on :scale: That was last Wednesday.

Got back on the plan Thursday morning and have decided that starting an online diary might help me to reach my target. I want to lost 3 stone in total. I have decided as well as eating well, I will exercise. I've been a member of the gym for months and months - just kinda keep forgetting to go :sign0007:

So.......my next weigh in is tomorrow and so far this week I have done the following exercise:

1 hour bellydancing lesson
40 minute gym session
25 minute xbox kinect session

My food diary for yesterday:

B: 2 x toast (HEB)
Nutella (3 syns)

L: Rice, red kidney beans, salad, cheese (HEA), turkey.
Freddo (5 syns)

D: Homemade burgers and spicy wedges (not food optimising I know!)
Freddo (5 syns) - sure it's totm soon - craving sweet things!!

Total syns: 13
Exercise: 40 minute gym session.

So far today,
B: 2 x toast (HEB)
Nutella (3 syns).

Exercise: 25 minutes xbox fitness evolved.

Thank you for reading and here's to a good slimming world day :party0049:

Well done on your weight loss so far!! And well done on the exercise. I bought a kinect with the sole intention of using it for exercise and I LOVE it!!!
I also rejoined SW (last week - first weigh in Thursday - EEEK!!) and didn't let on I'd done it before. They didn't have the EE option last time I joined so am loving that.

Good luck on your journey. The wedding will be here before you know it and if you ever falter just imagine yourself in that beautiful size 12 dress!!
xxx

Thank you Sarah. Once I get the kinect going it is good fun.......it's just the thought of it beforehand I think!!!

I know, I'm exactly the same!! I'm currently sat on the sofa watching Supersize v Superskinny and trying to motivate myself to do some exercise (or make some SW chips which I think is going to win!!).
When I do manage to get on the kinect I make OH join in and we play every game on the Kinect adventures once then play every game on the Sports one once which usually takes about an hour and half. But if I'm on my own it's usually half an hour of blocking the fish tanks and jumping up and down on that track game thing!! But it's better than going for a run.

xx

Well, after being like what I thought was an angel this week, including exercise, changing from drinking wine and beer to gin and slimline tonic I went to weigh in and lost....................1.5lbs :confused: I'm actually gutted. Really wanted to lose more because I've worked so hard. I'm hoping if I just keep going then I'll have a bigger loss next week.

After getting back from sw last night I pigged out big time. But, back on it today!!

I've been to the gym this morning. Cycled 5km and ran/walked 3.5km.

So far today I've eaten:

Breakfast: Banana and hi-fi bar.

I've got the day off and I'm home alone until almost 10 tonight so gotta really try and be good :)

I'm going shopping later to buy the new dance central 2 on the xbox. Reviews are really good, so hope it's as good as it makes out!!!

Hope everyone else has a good day xx

Hi! I just found your diary and though I should comment!! I am in a very similar situation...recently engaged, wedding dress fear (for me!) and trying to exercise. I was getting totally frustrated with how slow the weight was coming off as I was working my butt off (or so I thought) at classes, but only losing 0.5 or a lb at a time. All in the right direction, but was really frustrated! I stuck with it and the suddenly last week, I lost 5lbs! Stick with it! Good luck!x

Wow!!!! 5 lbs - I would LOVE to lose that in a week. That's excellent. Definately pays off in the long term then!! xx

I know it doesnt really help much when youre gutted about a loss but I just try to remember that any loss takes you further away from the number you started at and is a step in the right direction. Keep up the good work :) x

Back